my BOT experience wit a very WELLKNOWN workshop at Kuchai Lama

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulnera

Apr 10, 2009
Decided to share my BOT experience with workshop at kuchai lama near CIMB(wit a very WELLKNOWN workshop that advertises frequently in one of the Malaysia leading automotive magazine. I was impressed by what the magazine advertisement and I decided to sent my car for BOT. Im not a very typical person but as a consumer, i ended up paying more then 13k++ for my BOT project to stabilize.

Initially, these are what they promised on my BOT package:

1) Top overhaul my engine
2) Bot including parts and piggyback
3) Can be done within 3 weeks
4) Low boost to achieve good power and response
5) Total package price is RM7000
6) Given turbo is GARETT T25 as promised.
7) Cleaning of throttle body as I've requested.

As a result:
1) Car completed after 1 n half month
2) Receipt figure RM7500
3) Intercooler pipping leaking everywhere due to usage of dumped Stainless steel hose recycled. They have insufficient SS piping, they just plunk in a long Silicon hose as connection. Resulting my IC piping set having about 15 silicon hose including 90º elbow.
4) Boosting at 0.4bars
5) Insufficient fuel supply from fuel pump. Change to WALBRO 255L and top up another RM480 including installation.
6) Throttle body cleaned as he claimed.
7) Engine top overhauled.

After driving for 1 months engine jammed in the middle of highway when i was cruising at 110km/h. Was toll back to the same workshop.

After dismantling the engine, the suggested bearing problem. The advise was to change all the engine bearing to a better bearing, change new oil pump, water pump. So, I decided to overhaul my short block. I ordered ACL RACING bearing directly from Australia. And spent about 2K only for the parts and they charge me another RM1200 for installation and some consumables.

It took 2 1/2 months, I finally able to took my car onto the road. And they suggested me to come back after running in for a dynotune. So, I went back after my engine runned in for 3000KM. They rent dyno machine from Millennium and they charged me RM300 for dynotuning. Boosting at 0.5bar acheiving 150WHP. After leaving Millennium, as I was driving back to Kuchai Lama to pay him, I was cruising at 90KM/h, the tuner told me to boost. As the Speedo rised up to 140KM/h, the engine stalled. Stop the car aside the highway and restart. Try another round and the same thing happened. And he suggested me to change to a bigger capacity injector. And also to change the fuel rail that has a fuel return hose complete with Adjustable FPR and go for another dynotune. He suggested me to get GSR 390cc injectors. According to him, the current fuel rail in my car does not have a fuel return hose. The indicative cost of the suggested modification was <RM1000 without injectors.

Meeting up a friend to seek for some advise, I got to know that there's no way a fuel rail does not have a return hose and Pressure regulator. There'll be at least a stock non adjustable FPR.

Under no choice condition and half believing my friend, I went back to the workshop to double confirm regarding the return hose problem. And they told me to put the car for them to check and reconfirmed. So, again, under no choice condition, i put my car there.

1 week later they called me and they insisted my car have no fuel return hose and they have dismantle the parts and were ready to install for me. They gave me no choice but to progress worrying that they will do anything to my car. They took 3 weeks to complete the job. And all they do was to weld an exit nipple on my fuel rail for FPR. And my injectors was left stock with the reason the DSM injectors are not able to fit into the fuel rail. I was charged RM550 for dynotuning and FPR plus another RM7++ for workmanship.

Car was sent for dynotuning again and he suggested me to upboost to 0.7bar. Tunning complete with boosting 0.7bar achieving 171WHP. On the way to Kuchai Lama, the same thing happened like last time. Engine stalled at 140KM/h. So, I was frustrated and decided to down boost to 0.5 bar and the problem solved.

Having a feeling of loosing my trust towards the workshop and a feeling of insecurity, I decided to pay a visit to my long lost mechanic for advise in Pandan Indah. The moment he opened my engine bay, he told me to redo my downpipe and send for retune.

So, I payed him RM250 and this time, I decided to send it directly to Joshua to retune my car. And car achieving 171WHP with 0.5bar and Jo mentioned that the injectors is currently working 95% duty cycle and if there is any boost spike, can cause damage to the engine.

And everything finally settles finally except for some iddling problem. As I was at my friends house looking at him taking out his engine parts, I decided to ask him to help me to check the iddling. He open up my throttle body and realized that the throttle body was SO DAMN 7 BLACK with the accumulated carbon of 2mm thickness. My friend was complaining that he have to use scrapper to clean the TB and he used 1/8 bottles of his TB cleaner to clean the TB. And I realized that the TB was not cleaned before, contradicting to what the Workshop promised at the first place. Having the feeling of being cheated and frustration, I decided to share this experience with everyone here. Haiz....

Hope everyone will JAP SANG with the WORSHOP D ' XXX.... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: Really FRUS!!! Summo wanna treat my friend RM55 for dinner for cleaning up the TB :rofl::rofl::rofl:.... Hehe...

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
what is the name of the shop??????

vulnera

Apr 10, 2009
much better dun mention the shop name but at kuchai lama n always u can c he advertised at extreme magazine...

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

now i satisfied wit my current setting wit 0.5bars, sommore daily drived..:rofl:

joo

Dec 7, 2005
wah...u spending money like water man hehe..anyway feel sorry for u man...the shop very "the proFESSIONAL" 1 la...ROFL

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
wah... bro. RM13k ++ for 0.5 bar of boost.... feel sorry for you. :banghead:

vulnera

Apr 10, 2009
actually now my car every problem had solve by other workshop, the fact is, i posted at here just wanna share wit u all about my very bad experience for that workshop.

anyhow i stay at 0.5bar for daily drive

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
150whp is impressive...13k is not....isnt tat price like YRV halfcut already?
the memang pro of D pro

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
hi TS, sorry to hear that. with 13k spent, u able to get a low comp piston n boost higher
anyway hope ur ride will not cause u any prob from now.
i know that shop, it is D'PRx and famous in using a bike ECU for a car (Power Commander).
n it cost almost 2k.

^bAbym310n^

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2007
Klang
judged from what you typed..u r driving a myvi..
rm13k+ jus for the BOT? u beta get urself a YRV...
plus with rm13k+ u can get urself a low compression piston & a custom make fuel rail

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
huhu!! .. 13k.. sufficient for YRV. i got 1 frd just converted to YRV... and 1 Frd is selling off his BOT kit which u can see from the zth marketplace.. YRV so far no problem .

Cheer... take is as experience ...

^bAbym310n^

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2007
Klang
huhu!! .. 13k.. sufficient for YRV. i got 1 frd just converted to YRV... and 1 Frd is selling off his BOT kit which u can see from the zth marketplace.. YRV so far no problem .

Cheer... take is as experience ...
but YRV is....triptronic:banghead:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
dont protect the shop, if they did something like u mentioned, u should give them a piece of ur mind.

what if another poor victim ends up in the same scenario as u did? just cuz he was unaware of the shop name...

oh well, i believe every modding experience, someone will have to suffer... cuz after all, we are all humans, including our mech.

but most importantly, even if they mess up, they should be honest in whatever they do. my mech failed to solve my problem, but he tells me "i really have no idea, and i m not gonna make u change every single damn parts related to ur issue, just to solve it"

i appreciate remarks like that, least i know he is not trying to con my money.

cheers

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Wow... damn jialat... BOT until spent 13k?? fulamak really good in chop people head la...

Bro... you mean V-pro or D-pro? As i know D-pro is at jln ipoh ma... V-pro at jln kuchai lama isn't it?

Sorry bro... i'm bit blur liao... dunno V-pro or D-pro liao....

^bAbym310n^

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2007
Klang
Wow... damn jialat... BOT until spent 13k?? fulamak really good in chop people head la...

Bro... you mean V-pro or D-pro? As i know D-pro is at jln ipoh ma... V-pro at jln kuchai lama isn't it?

Sorry bro... i'm bit blur liao... dunno V-pro or D-pro liao....
DPro at Kuchai lama:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I decided to install exedy racing clutch button type on my satria neo. Which one is better, 3puck or 4puck?...Based on the best performance..:smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience