my 4g93 gave up!!

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
as above after a short meeting wit xtremeloe, i was driving back slowly!, then this black satria came so we also drop gear and start to drive a little faster while pushing my baby at rev 8k, there was this weird sound so i slowed down. drove back home and then check it.. so when i rev after 3k there this weird bearing sound!!! so now do i have to do a overhaul?? if yes how much????

to overhaul as standrd back all?? how much??

If change to 1.6 piston wat must i do???? and change plus minus how much???

thanks.... and ya oil pump which is better miivec or the ori gti!!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
weird bearing sound? eh, when did dis happen sir? i didnt hear anything when we were checking it up, where is the sound coming from?

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

refering to our conversation just now, the noise may be caused by the hydraulic lifters, will give it a check asap ler nanti k. u got me worried for a while there sir, phew..

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
i was so worried! it the year end! cash flow dam low!!! but thanks alot for the call! u just lift a burden off me thanks! ya will meet up and have it a check!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the solution :
was unable to find the bearing itself for my gbox, ended up getting another gearbox.....
the noise occur when i drive my car, the faster i go, the louder the sound.....

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
the solution :
was unable to find the bearing itself for my gbox, ended up getting another gearbox.....
the noise occur when i drive my car, the faster i go, the louder the sound.....
the noise sound like ranting patah ke?i also kena last time..all the gear broken

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ohh, with the old gearbox eh? okie den..

93na's are having a common problem with the hydraulic lifters kot, according to him, the noise is heard on the top part of the engine head.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
EGNINE,
the sound like a paper hitting a moving fan.

Sir,
yeah, the old gbox problem, now solved....Oooo.....similar to tappet sound la kan...i tot its normal? could it be adjusted?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the hydraulic lifters' noise is very typical in old 4g9x, including mine. it doesnt affect performance, just annoys us jer, A LOT!! hahaha

iam hoping dat is the real issue for 93na

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
crankshaft bearing (makan) or crankshaft....need change also, (Sound = Tak Tak Tak Tak...)
find 2nd hand crankshaft. It happen to me b4.
i tot it was the crankshaft bearing too, but according to him, the noise can be heard on the top of the engine head. cant be the conrod bearing imo

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
i just hope it the lifters, i dont have the time to leave my ride in the workshop. ok the sound is at the top. plus it comes and go. no lot of power or wat so ever and timing all stays the same.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i just hope it the lifters, i dont have the time to leave my ride in the workshop. ok the sound is at the top. plus it comes and go. no lot of power or wat so ever and timing all stays the same.
sounds good so far sir :fingers & toes crossed:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
ha ha ha.. even my hair is cross ;].. yup hope for the best...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this..but out of curiosity as the titles goes..:adore:

Am currently using a 2.3 inch diametre piping from the extractor straight out towards the muffler with no bullet..and have been using this setup for the past 2 years..but i noticed there's a slight decline in throttle response compared to a 2 inch piping setup that i used to have earlier...

Is it normal?..or is my current diameter is too big?..some of my colleague with similar...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience