My 1.5 Carburator Engine (WIRA)

Navybone_18

Jun 21, 2005
Bandar Sunway
I'm using a wira 1.5 carburator engine........can i switch my standard engine to turbo engine?.......plz any sifu tell me! izzit possible?

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Turbo engine yeah.. sure why not.. there are to engine's that shouldn't be hard 2 get approval... one is 4G61T and 4G93T, personally i would get 4G93T as is much newer and its more common so repairs would be cheaper.. either way u will have a great improvement from ur current powerplant.. but i would advice you to upgrade the handling and braking with the transplant.. no point having all the power if you can't stop.. happy turboing

Navybone_18

Jun 21, 2005
Bandar Sunway
Thanx bro for ur reply........but i'm askin that can i upgrade my standard 1.5 carburator engine to turbo engine..........without changin engine, juz upgrading my 1.5 carburator engine?.....izzit possible bro?

bolt on turbo??.. possible... but i doubt in long term ur engine can tahan... coz its not a turbo engine... so internal parts are kinda fragile to high boost...
plus, power increase isnt much compare to converting to turbo engines (4g93t etc)...

Navybone_18

Jun 21, 2005
Bandar Sunway
thanx bro for ur information!........can i know how much does it cost n where 2 do this?.........wat r the components i need to change?.....plz give me some good advise about it!

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Erm.. bolt on turbo is possible but i can give u much advice as i'm not very good with carb engines maybe u should try posting in the carb section.. anyways if u boost about 0.3 bar or 0.4 its still safe.. but doing this kind of modification would cost more than an engine transplant.. think about it wisely...

taqu

Dec 17, 2004
My 0.2 cent:

1. Change ur carburetor to injection
2. Get a suitable turbo (eg Garrett GT25 or Mitsubishi TD04) and all the necessary parts. 2nd hand parts also can, if u can a re-cond turbo also nice, brand new turbo is RM2K+.
3. A very important thing is tuning, get at least something like Apexi SAFC or Greddy E-Manage
4. Standard 1.5 pistons & conrods can boost around 0.3-0.4 bar safely if the setup is right. U can even bring it upto 1 bar if u use hypereutectic pistons & modded conrods, much cheaper than forged pistons/conrods.

How much power u can expect from a turbocharged 1.5? It depends on ur boost & tuning. I'd say expect around 110-120 horsepower from low boost, and 160-180 horsepower for high boost.

Yes, 1.5 turbo has been done oversea and here.

Fluffy

May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
i would discourage u frm doing so. :frown:

coz it will cost u alot just to squeeze just a lil more out of ur 1.5carby engine..

a transplant would be the best way to go..

but if u still want to go bolt-on style...wat taqu said is correct..or u can check out the bolt-on topic in the forced induction thread. :biggrin: