may issue SCC

not the most complete but..

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
theres a story on IMOC or MR2 UK members having a dyno day in latest Japanese Imports

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 24, 2006
Is that magazine still current? Can get it from local import bookshops?

Btw.... i am a new MR-S, understand that officially listed 0-100km/h time is 7.9 secs. Was just wondering if anyone has used something or similar Apexi RSM timer to check out stock MR-S's century sprint in local climate and conditions.

Is a sub 7 secs timing possible for stock?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
howdee,

that SCC magazine is may 2007 issue. (subcribers get it early). should be on sale soon at local book stores.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in teory (on the listed 0-100km/h figures by car manufacturers) . time arent easy to replicate in real world by "normal" drivers.

even lotus elises 5.8 sec (0-100 figures) arent replicated by good drivers (enthusiast) here because several conditions needed to be met. (climate, tires, car+ drivers weight, time of the day, etc).

BUT on ideal conditions & better shifting (of gears), one can come close or meet the quoted figures.

As far as i know someone timed his slightly moded spyder (aftermarket 4-1 exhaust manifold + TRD suspention) to a relaxed & comfortable time of 6.7 sec (G tech II). this was recorded at night however. I am informed by others, our modded spyders (those that took part in local auto X) always sprint out faster than the elise of the block. this is from independent enthusiast views.

getting figures lower than tat one need to FI & have more modded stuffs like lighten flywheel/stronger clutch etc.

however, if 0-100 times are your intention, may i suggest to pick up a aftermaket clutch.

ways to sprint off the blocks for newbies;
1) ride the clutch till higher rpm before releasing it.
2) get tyres with better traction
3) unload as many stuff out from car to lighten cars weight

if im you; forget 0-100 sprints, enjoy the ride. invest on the asset of the car which is the handling /ride.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
someones well built turbo SW20 here i know is in mid 5 sec (in-out, quite effortless in fact)

Nov 24, 2006
howdee,

that SCC magazine is may 2007 issue. (subcribers get it early). should be on sale soon at local book stores.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in teory (on the listed 0-100km/h figures by car manufacturers) . time arent easy to replicate in real world by "normal" drivers.

even lotus elises 5.8 sec (0-100 figures) arent replicated by good drivers (enthusiast) here because several conditions needed to be met. (climate, tires, car+ drivers weight, time of the day, etc).

BUT on ideal conditions & better shifting (of gears), one can come close or meet the quoted figures.

As far as i know someone timed his slightly moded spyder (aftermarket 4-1 exhaust manifold + TRD suspention) to a relaxed & comfortable time of 6.7 sec (G tech II). this was recorded at night however. I am informed by others, our modded spyders (those that took part in local auto X) always sprint out faster than the elise of the block. this is from independent enthusiast views.

getting figures lower than tat one need to FI & have more modded stuffs like lighten flywheel/stronger clutch etc.

however, if 0-100 times are your intention, may i suggest to pick up a aftermaket clutch.

ways to sprint off the blocks for newbies;
1) ride the clutch till higher rpm before releasing it.
2) get tyres with better traction
3) unload as many stuff out from car to lighten cars weight

if im you; forget 0-100 sprints, enjoy the ride. invest on the asset of the car which is the handling /ride.
I see...thanks very much for the detailed reply. I dun usually sprint off the block or go for quick 0-100kmh timings lah. More like just wanted to know the capabilities of the stock car since its a parallel model and such specs are always in fuzzy defines. Would probably do some light tuning just to enjoy the car more. It's kindda like my ideal dream car for quite a number of years before i can afford one recently.

Nov 24, 2006
2006 production MR-S Gunmetal MT. :)
Reciding down south in S'pore, although havent gotten to really know anyone from the MR-S club here though. Hah..maybe cos car is only 1 month old.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
how much did you pay incl COE?

contact paul (old spyder owner), ryan or Mugen_Boi(micheal)

(Aaron, Alvin, Andy, Alex , Sean , Seth, Shawn Joanna Tan, Alen, Yusuf, Marvin, Desmond, Lim Shuen, Isse, are some of the newer MRS owners in SG.)

did u get the gunmetal with red top ? i suppose yours is the final edition MRS? one with the black midship logo

Nov 24, 2006
Mine still the normal version. I think prob the last batch before the Final version was launched when i made the order. Price was slightly above 80grand over here.