simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
SMT?sequential?
is there s sequential g/b for MRS?
so it does fit [2zzge in mrs' ass]
is 180hp [from 2zzge] is stable for a 950kg car?

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
No SMT for 2ZZ-GE transplant.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
mangaboi said:
:)

First have to get the damn car started! The conversion is pretty much completed mechanically. Electrically, i'm having a problems with fuel/ign which I need to resolve.

Tuning soon! I've already put the PFC in this week. :)

Heh...want to balik kampung in may. U guys hold regular cruises or what?
good luck. it a little unfortunate that toyota australia only imports SMT & no manuals (what cows marketing prople), it woulf be so much easier then for u.

simonchangwaimun said:
SMT?sequential?
is there s sequential g/b for MRS?
so it does fit [2zzge in mrs' ass]
is 180hp [from 2zzge] is stable for a 950kg car?
no, nobody wants to go there, its been done before (not here) but wiring is a nightmare. (also no end in de-bug the gremlins)

180hp stable? there is a builted >500hp on dyno (but not streetable). & there are road going >240HP FI OTR. (there one in malaysia too:X-: )

mangaboi

Feb 9, 2004
Selangor
hi Guys. look forward to meeting you all, and maybe ride shotgun in during ur cruises/race :P

I'm autoX my car as well. Running as stock as possible, as I believe the car very capable without requiring suspension or other changes to be competitive with the larger, turbo cars.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
simple source explanation for all toyota newbies.

and btw 3ZZ FE is already an official toyota engine designation for a corolla in japan & is not more powerful then the 2ZZ GE . Not to be confused with TRIAL 3ZZ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine

posting this for toyota chaps to know their info. (too many confusion, & too little known about its heritage) 8)

Last edited:

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Just playing around, did not expect S2000 to be 1st(1/152) in the Top Gear survey against modern cars like Evos, Porsche etc.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
you must remember the S2K is a satisfying car. Honda actually "lose" for every S2K sold as the amount of engineering is not able to recoup as they priced the car well under the likes of those german sports car marque to create a niche market. Like the NSX, acclaimed brilliant by car critics but brand snobs by the affluents cause it not to sell widely in the markets that matter most.

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
you must remember the S2K is a satisfying car. Honda actually "lose" for every S2K sold as the amount of engineering is not able to recoup as they priced the car well under the likes of those german sports car marque to create a niche market. Like the NSX, acclaimed brilliant by car critics but brand snobs by the affluents cause it not to sell widely in the markets that matter most.
The S2000 still loses to the AE86 in the anime, Initial D Fourth Stage. I'm still waiting the upcoming Initial D Stage of how the MRS beat the AE86. Haha, just imagining.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
ben, in real life hill runs, S2000 isnt easy to drive. too much understeer on limits. its a brilliant car but it not for everyone & it can be dangerous for people who cant drive such cars. there was once a video by a fellow S2K owner in US who filmed his friends car ahead who drove his S2K off the hill.

for entertaining viewing watch Hot version touge battles. (over anime) ;)

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Yea I watched the battle between the AE86 & MRS, that was really entertaining.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
if one prefer the real thing, occassionally touge trips MRS & S2K on weekends on out skirts KL.:_: feel free to tag along.