MR2 SW 20 owners discussion thread

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
yn_hell, is that your car that is parked in Antah? :)

(0)

neokenzo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by neokenzo
yn_hell, is that your car that is parked in Antah? :)

haha. yes. i work there

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yn_hell
haha. yes. i work there

So do I :)
Your car looks much better in real life, those pictures doesnt do it justice :)

(0)

neokenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neokenzo
So do I :)
Your car looks much better in real life, those pictures doesnt do it justice :)

haha.. thanks bro
u work there too? oh which floor?

(0)

yn_hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yn_hell
haha.. thanks bro
u work there too? oh which floor?

I work at Shell House :)

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
Look for TOMS for parts and then dyno tune at GT auto

Ben-MR2

Nov 17, 2010
Johor Bahru
Hi ,new mr2 sw20 kaki here, any once know which brand & type of adjustable suspention is comfortable for street to drive. i saw at mudah the TEIN super street ad suspention ,is it a good choice? :confused:Cost $1600 quite new, reasionable?:confused: my existing high/low suspention is too hard for drive. Do have any suggestion:wavey:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Suspensions is one of those things you will have to try to know the answer. Everyone's balance of performance and comfort is different, and is very difficult to describe verbally. Something that's hard for you might not be hard to others.

Kinda like if I asked you to describe, how tall is tall? 160cm? 170cm? 180cm? Everyone will give a different answer.

Perhaps what you can do is note down what suspensions are you currently using, and people with experience can answer if the Teins are harder/softer in comparison with your current ones.

Tien super street used to cost about 3.4k (if i remember correctly, before yen exchange go up) for a brand new set. Perhaps what you would want to consider is that it costs RM300 to service each absorber (not sure if price increased) so under worst case scenario 4 x rm300 = 1.2k, add on to the 1.6k you buy the absorbers for is already almost the brand new price.

Worth it or not, you decide. =D

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Suspensions is one of those things you will have to try to know the answer. Everyone's balance of performance and comfort is different, and is very difficult to describe verbally. Something that's hard for you might not be hard to others.

Kinda like if I asked you to describe, how tall is tall? 160cm? 170cm? 180cm? Everyone will give a different answer.

Perhaps what you can do is note down what suspensions are you currently using, and people with experience can answer if the Teins are harder/softer in comparison with your current ones.

Tien super street used to cost about 3.4k (if i remember correctly, before yen exchange go up) for a brand new set. Perhaps what you would want to consider is that it costs RM300 to service each absorber (not sure if price increased) so under worst case scenario 4 x rm300 = 1.2k, add on to the 1.6k you buy the absorbers for is already almost the brand new price.

Worth it or not, you decide. =D
Agreed..

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
hey y'all
new mr2 owner here. anyways, i got a question for all the sifus here.
the mr2 i got came with a toms air scoop.
so... does this air scoop really work?
searched around the web and it seems that everyone has different opinions.
Thx in advance.

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Depends on your definition of works :-) LOL ok ok it works, but make sure you channel the air to your filter... build a box so that only cool air circulates the area will be best. But make sure the snorkel don't swallow water directly on your filter. If GTCC uses it, SURE work maaa... LOL

The Border design on the other hand is more ecstatic then function

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Good to know. What about the bomex air scoop? Is that OK?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Require some advice here; where is the best for money paint job around KL or Selangor, thought of having pearl white on my Skyline V35.
I've seen the next level customz website, these guys quite impressive, have not got the chance to visit the shop in PJ.

What you guys reckon...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience