MR2 SW 20 owners discussion thread

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Wah!! so fast sold your powerful "2"....played enough already? What's your new project car?

Who is the new lucky owner?

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Wah soff, long time no see. How's your lotus? Hehehe.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, it's a tragedy on last year february. Car suddently burnt out unexplainable when on my my to ipoh. Lucky i still had enough time to come out. It was just had fully service a week before and feel like brand new car. Complete with dyno some more.

It's totally burnt out 100% until need fire brigade team. I was in deep trauma after that. Especially lost my precious "2". That's why i was absend in this forum for a year.

I'm thinking of getting new project car. Maybe go for rotary. How about with that orange black colour with veilside body rx7 in mudah? Any idea of that car condition?

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Sorry to hear that but good thing you are unhurt and the insurers will cover the loss (?)

Could it be the fuel system that sprung a leak? The car is quite old and we are pushing quite a bit from the car, hoses etc tends to go at that age especially with the build up in pressure from more power, car pushing almost 300bhp when I sold to you but must be more now (I have seen the nice toys you put in there:proud: )

Not sure about rotary but I heard that maintenance can be a bother and expensive. You probably want a more reliable car and spend less time at the workshops (for mods or repairs). Try the newer cars like WRX, Evos, s2000, MRS or even the conti. it's a whole new world. It really depends on what you want, power or handling, a sporty daily car or a pure track/sports car.

Hope you find what you are looking for :driver:

Chris

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Thanks soff for the input. Really appreciate it. Hope i'll get one soon.
As u always says, "2" always in the heart.. :-):-)

MR2Michael

Nov 14, 2007
KL
Hi All,

I'm back... but I suppose it doesn't make any difference as I noticed the last posting was in 2013???
Anyway, I only just found back my log in ID and password and just make a post here to mark that!!

Caio.. and hope to see renewed interest in this forum, esp with the advent of Whatsapp... sad to see this forum die a natural death!

Michael:bawling:

X3nonz

Nov 26, 2014
Cheras
Hi Sifoo..wanna asking is it OS Giken twin plate clutch MR2 SW20 not suitable with 3SGE ST202 BEAM Gearbox??
Might be 5 years late here,I cants narrow down the specifics here but last i tried with the Exedy/TRD single clutch,clutch cover combo the bearing is too short,granted you can "redneck engineer" it but i'll be near to imposible for daily driving.Due to the reduced throw you'll have zero to no wall between engage and disengagement.Note that i'm not talking about the tactile feedback of the clutch pedal,what i mean is it will straight up turn your clutch pedal into a switch with a really long travel and mushy break.Needless to say I reverted it back to stock after just 4 days.

btw mine is the S54-06A trans from the kouki SS-II.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wokie dokie....

i'm really2 :P interested in this Mivec 1.5 Mods...as i am new in this big boys toys games :D ....also currently my car is a :( 1.3 GLi wira sedan...looking at moding the car to a 4G91 heart, but then i when i found out about this mivec 1.5 thingy..i'm really2 :P interested to learn more about it...

:) hoping the PRO's, Sifu's & current user of the mivec 1.5 to help me on the specs, pro & con, engine power output, cost and also the items needed to make...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience