MR2 Ferrari 430 replica need help!!

merzslk

Feb 22, 2010
Johor
Hi fellow bros,

I'm a Malaysian who works in China for 10 years and I already plan to come back to Malaysia/Singapore in Apr. I 'm very crazy in car mod and I had modified 8 cars in China. After planing for 1 mth, I finally decided to buy a Toyota MR2 in Malaysia and import a set of Ferarri 430 replica kit. The kit will completely change the MR2 to 430, not look alike, is almost 99% close to genuine car, including interior and engine bay. As I studied and worked in Singapore, I left Malaysia when I was 18, I don't know much about the law in Malaysai. Ok, pardon me for the long story, below is my questions:

1) Is Malaysia car need to do yearly inspection?

2) If my 430 replica kena blocked by the police, will I get caught? How do you guys drive extreme modcar on the road?

3) My freind told me Polic will only asked for the driving license and road tax, and the road tax itself only mentioned the car plate number. So if my car plate is identical to the road tax, will I be safe?

4) Will I meet with trouble when selling my replica 430?

5) I inrend to get a car plate which starting with "S*", I think that are for sabah/Sarawak, is it possible?

PLs help me on above questions which troubling me in the past 2 weeks, none of my friend can comfirm.( well, i only have few friends in Malaysia who never mod their cars...)

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!!

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
No. For privately own car, u only need to inspect ur ride when u wanna sell ur ride.

2) If my 430 replica kena blocked by the police, will I get caught? How do you guys drive extreme modcar on the road?
most probably they will not stop a Ferrari F430...LOL coz they think some big shot is driving the ride. so u need a nice no plate to match the ride. :rolleyes:

3) My freind told me Polic will only asked for the driving license and road tax, and the road tax itself only mentioned the car plate number. So if my car plate is identical to the road tax, will I be safe?
most probably will b safe unless they go through the displacement as mr2 is only 2000cc while the 430 is not. so they might suspect something.

will hv hard time selling it bcoz u can't pass puspakom inspection unless u pay runner to do it for u without having ur ride going thru the inspection.

5) I inrend to get a car plate which starting with "S*", I think that are for sabah/Sarawak, is it possible?can be done. just ask runner to do it for u or u have to be in East Msia urself to register it.

hope im right...:smokin:

Last edited:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
hehehe...nice conversion wor~~juz curious....wht the price for tht kit?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
To give all bros a clearer idea, I attached the replica 430 from one of my friend.
convertion still can be caught. small front disc maa.. :biggrin:

nice one mehh!

merzslk

Feb 22, 2010
Johor
hehehe...nice conversion wor~~juz curious....wht the price for tht kit?
Hi bro, the complete kit cost about RM80k excluding shipping but i didn;t but complete kit, I give up the ferrari replica wheel & tires.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

if u want a car similar to a ferrari, u could get a fiat coupe bro...
bro, this kit can only be used on MR2, no choice. I have other option of 430 kit but i got be use peugeot 406 coupe as the donor car, I seek high and low thru website, couldn;t find one in Malaysia. 406 kit requires a lot of cutting to the main body but the similarity is almost 100%, MR2 kit is easier to install but it will slightly shorter than genuine 430, 6CM

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

convertion still can be caught. small front disc maa.. :biggrin:

nice one mehh!
The package comes with ferrari replica front and rear disc with caliper. Frankly speaking, how often malaysia police see a farrari on the road? I dare not to built one in Shanghai, becoz there are many 430 on the road, you can see extreme sportcars everyday, everywhere.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

No. For privately own car, u only need to inspect ur ride when u wanna sell ur ride.

most probably they will not stop a Ferrari F430...LOL coz they think some big shot is driving the ride. so u need a nice no plate to match the ride. :rolleyes:

most probably will b safe unless they go through the displacement as mr2 is only 2000cc while the 430 is not. so they might suspect something.

will hv hard time selling it bcoz u can't pass puspakom inspection unless u pay runner to do it for u without having ur ride going thru the inspection.

5) I inrend to get a car plate which starting with "S*", I think that are for sabah/Sarawak, is it possible?can be done. just ask runner to do it for u or u have to be in East Msia urself to register it.

hope im right...:smokin:
really thanks for your time to reply my posy, appreciate!! Where can I find the runner u mentioned? From your reply, seems that money can settle everything regarding car in malaysia, if that is true, I will not hesitate anymore. One more question, I look around website to find MR2, the price range from RM35k-60k. what is the correct market price?

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Last edited:

merzslk

Feb 22, 2010
Johor
well......better convert to Murcielago....look more fierce la...hahaha
Lamborghini replica cars and parts for sale
YouTube- Broadfieldz Lamborghini Replica
YouTube- LAMBORGHINI REPLICA

abt the market price for MR2...erm.....80k:idea: gua:biggrin:...hahaha~

btw..is this the kit u looking for? it was GREAT JOB!!:MWerks Forums: MR2 becomes Ferrari F430 *kit car content*
Ya, I knew that MR2 can mod to Lambo too, but it needs to cut the car a lot, I ';m very worry that Malaysia don;t have good garrage to do that. The cost of the lambo kit and 430 kit is only 30% higher but the job to be done is a lot more....

merzslk

Feb 22, 2010
Johor
huhu~~ almost 99% same on the outside...:adore:
but inside... :vollkommenauf:
sign...I know the interior is sucks....too bad. Frankly speaking, I drove 430 for quite a few times in Shanghai( swap car from my friends...), and drove in Shanghai F1 circuit once , I m quite familiar with 430 interior. BUt no choice lar, bro, Chinese says one cent of payment, one cent worth of goods. I can;t afford a 430 but I really lke the shape a lot.

I actually planned to do tis project last year in Shanghai but most of my friends here drive ferrari and lambo, I will become a laugh stock of them when going out with them....so i gave up the idea. Sinve I intend to go back to Malaysia, no one knows me, no one can laugh me, so I decided to do it, to make myself happy.

HOwever, bcoz one of my business in China is Car interior modification, so I knw how far it can be done to the interior, with good workmanship and full of leather and carbon fiber interior, the fake 43 interior can be make up better....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
ive seen the orange silvia convert to ferrari before...
last year appeared on car mag...i guess some of u had seen it before,
it was on sale later on.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

the best for mr2 convertion will be the ferrari F355

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Exact 355 f1 Ferrari Replica

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
lets see, mr2 worldwide projects successfully converted into;

1)ferrari 355
2)ferrari 430
3)lambo murcie
4)pagani zonda

....i dun know why but its your money.