More Performance in my Mercedes... Help me pro's...

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Benz parts are not really hard to find, just slightly more expensive, but if you are talking about RB26, that isn't cheap to my friend.. I work as a mechanic before I can tell you its roughly the same

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
Sorry for not having reply to many of the posts, was busy the whole weeks on my job and the engine search. a 2.3 compressor Mercedes engine is not all bad but i was expecting a bit more out of it. it's fun knowing that i could have a better more powerfull engine than other expect for SLR. that is y my serach goes on. like i said in my previous posts, i don't mind having a non Mercedes engine but the price is rather the sae to a let say 4g93t,rb26 or even 2jz.. i dont mind but the overall perfomance and the handling. i would want to use this car as a normal daily car aswell as racing it in sepang with my fellow friends.. they all have rather modified cars like a supra, skyline, and Jazz for me now i just have this old Mercedes. with a budjet og RM60k i dont know where to start..

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
well...

It is kinda difficult to use a same car for track and daily drive (which i thought shouldn't be a problem : ) ) now my car, fitted with open pod filter, straight flow exhaust, full lock LSD, adjustable absorber, racing clutch and R888 tyre, it is stiff, noisy, slippery during raining and leg cramp during traffic jam, without all these! u cant compete in track; with all these fitted!is a torture to drive it in town (proven by me : ( !!!)

if u wanna compete with your skyline supra fren then go for a jap engine transplant, cos is cheaper, easier for sourcing and maintenance, although merc complete engine can stand extreme driving, but i guess u ll heartache... but i have to remind you that even though u put in RB26, in order for you to smoke your skyline friend, u need to pay double the mod cost cos too heavy, maybe u have to think abt HKS 2.8kit or 3.1kit, V-cam and a lot more goodies...

serious advice is, buy another car to play with them, the merc keep for daily use

gsr6625

Known Member
Oct 20, 2005
for me i will put back a newer merc engine...i have done a full conversion on my clk too...i m using a 230 k touring red head engine.......it cost me around 55k for the entire set up plus the interior also....a reliable place that u can go to for these projects is stuttgart near the old lim kok wing......good luck in ur project bro//...

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
thats sounds good. but where exactly is Stuttgard? i dont really know where the hell it is...
that is a problem as well where the engine is too heavy so it will slow down the performance/ top speed. i just love my Mercedes. people are just don't get it when they hear that i wanted to convert my Merc. but that is my hobby where i make the impossible possible. like Adidas.. impossible is nothing, for the whole kit fort 55K its not bad but i do want to make the full conversion of the car. 2JZ i have researched at 10k i could probably get it but not sure if its tip top.. so please i really need more info on this. cheers..

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i really hope that your merc ll become stronger and unique that able to fulfl your hope... back to the 55k conversion, 2.3 compressor (?yr) produce 170-220 hp at most, to push 1.5++ton kg do you really think that it can compete with your friend's JDM? in order for you to race against them (which u really wan to?) u need at least v8 merc n/a engine or in-line six (older & cheaper ) or V6 compressor engine, the best would be v8 compressor from E55 AMG (476bhp stock), but i doubt whether it can be trasplant into your engine bay and the cost..... (should be sky high)

if you look into japan engine, then i believe you will have a lot more comment, cos so many people had done this to their continenetal car.

cheers : )

gsr6625

Known Member
Oct 20, 2005
my 230 k red head is on par with a dc2 from 0-200 km/h...tested on pencala link with a friend.....

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
230k =2300cc + supercharge
B18C= natural aspirated 1800cc + vtec...
so these two engines on par means = LOGIC

yet rideon friend's ride is skyline and supra ( as per his post )
RB26DETT = 2600cc + twin turbo
2JZGTE = 3000cc + twin turbo

If you said 230k manage to compete with rideon friend's ride, and 230k equals to B18C, and now imagine RB26DETT against B18C, who stand more chance to win?

Pls dun feel offended cos i m just stating out the fact...

cheers

4G93GTi-R

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
We have done many transplant to bmw and merc..using engine sr20det,1jz,rb20,2jz,rb25 and rb26.With no hidden problem and major prob...with comfort + good handling...Some we do all part use bmw or merc back,just engine and suspension use cusco or hks some tein...now projec bmw bmw 318 e36,cusco suspension hi/low soft/hard overhoul bmw engine..change some ori part & gonna superchager it with 1GGZE Pump...Do go to experience & professional...dont just look at big workshop..we only work at reban ayam..

neojack

Known Member
Apr 17, 2007
DONT WASTE YOUR CONTINENTAL CAR WITH JAPAN ENGINE.IT IS A WASTE.unless u use a classic continencal,then it can be accepted. try search for the mercedes engines.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
seriously do not suggest u a 230 compressor, its nothing much actually
a jdm machine will kill it on the highway

gsr6625

Known Member
Oct 20, 2005
wat u guys say it's true...but try cruising from here to kayu hitam(thai border) at 200++ all the way with out stopping...onli stop to top up petrol then hit the trottle again....i don think many jdm cars which are turbo charged with high hp can do that....same goes for my gsr.....cannot tahan long distance cruising.....by the way i m running of 360+ hp on engine on a gsr...so it's considered relatively powerful for me.....so yeah....that's y i opted the 230 red head...petrol saving and still lots of touque to play around with.....i could have had a 2jz or even rb26 but my opinion for a merc is keep the engine original by merc....
just an opinion....cheers bro.

blitz

Nov 18, 2003
...my budjet is aroung 60k.. please help me here...cheers
with this budget, why dont u put in a cosworth engine... 2.3 16valve... very powerfull... plus u still have enuff money to buy another 230E to ride around while ur car in workshop... LOL...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Buy a whole Porsche-built W124 500E, import it in, and swap. Since its going to be a doner car, it doesn't have to be mint, just mechanically sound. Like this example: Booty Call 500E for $7,500

322bhp, 480nM..and no turbo lag. proper V8, Recaro seats, big brakes etc.

You'll have the most pimp Mercedes in Malaysia, out pimping Porsche Panameras if they know their history.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is the most suited time to check car balancing & alignment?

Or does it based on how we drive?

I need your assistance,experts out there!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience