More Performance in my Mercedes... Help me pro's...

rideon

Known Member

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
ok .. here goes.... im having difficulties on my next project here... i have an E-Class 1995 Mercedes. I have researched and asked many people stating that i need to place in a Toyota Supra or Celica engine... what do you guys thinks... how much will that cost? will that effect any of the handling? will it make it even better or worsen...my budjet is aroung 60k.. please help me here...cheers

blitzs360

Known Member

blitzs360

Known Member
Jan 18, 2007
wit ur budget 2jz gte(supra) engine would be nice man. its 3000cc so a bit heavy but a good suspension and tyre can overcome the weight factor.

rideon

Known Member

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
ok.. with power engine = heavier weight... so to overcome the area is what eh.... carbon vibre on Mercedes??? how will that look....i thought of bringing the whole car to a tuning company such as AMG and let they them self do it.. but there is two factors... 1) wil be overbudjet 2) no fun...
i would want to see this car modified slowlly in front of my eyes and see its transformation...but seriouslly i need more detail...

khoyos

2,000 RPM

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
60k is more than enough to do a 2JZ full conversion with custom longshaft, make all the meters in the instrumentation cluster work, PROPER suspension, AMG 4pot brakes, upgrade to single turbo (more space), standalone ecu, 19inch brabus rims, all in.

zac

1,000 RPM

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
hope my exp can be your reference.

my ex ride was bmw e34 5 series, i did a reaearch last time, but before u go for any mod, pls decide wat is ur choice, a silent, neat pure german car, or a noisy, maybe be problematic monster ride.

for tuning original engine, u can go for super charge or even bolt on turbo kit from overseas, supercharge (not amg or kleemann, these r extremely costly)system is around 5k euro, turbo kit (like mosselman)is also mroe or less the same, and complete system comes with software, but other acc can be quite costly, for example: base on my bmw, an imported extractor cost around 6~7krm, exhaust around 5~6k, not really recommend customised piping cos continental is sensitive with the sensor and back pressure, bilstein PSS suspension set around 5~6k, or just use eibach spring 1k+, try not to use koni or non continental brand suspension cos really feel diff so on so forth. And you got a quality engine but limited room for improvement in future.

For either 2JZ or RB25/26 transplant, your engine bay ll undergo major operation to fit it in, handling and parts wear & tear (like bush) might have some problem depends on mech's skill. Complete half cut around 12~15k, RB20 cheaper, wiring ll be the major problem and a lot of hidden problem which u can only realise after drive for few months. My fren 7 series converted to 1JZ, powerful indeed but lack of comfort feel...

So wats ur decision? some other option can be convert larger capacity compressor merc engine, but i dun really know whether wiring is the same or not (cos i m bmw fans : ) ) based on knowledge from bmw, ur current engine is in-line 6 piston then u can only go for same type engine with larger capacity, V6 or V8 might use diff com.

Sorry if i give any wrong info.... : )

rideon

Known Member

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
dont you worry.. your information are not wrong..
ok let see...i dont mind putting a non mercedes conponants and other parts but i do want the major part is donr and used my Mercedes... as i want the car to be as original as possible.. my intentions are to place in a V6 or possible a V8 Mercedes engine in but seems to he hard to find a good working one and if there is it would possibly be expensive. i have done nothing to this car since last 2 months except for researching on engines, changed the extractor, suspensions and cleaned the engine that is all i have done now. even though i have a massive budjet but i would want this car to be perfect according to my taste. a BMW is a somewhat similar to Mercedes and the componant is well let say almost the same? i am also a BMW fanbut mostly on the M and 7 series.
other thing like the Brabus Rocket, it has damn powerfull torque but unfortunately the handling is rather bad. i dont want this to happen to my mercedes. for a 3.0 litre engine is ok for me as it would give me the necessary horse power.
some people said to me that this project is just lame and dumb but for me is a mater of showing what this mercedes can do.. not many in m'sia has converted their mercedes one reason its becos its expensive and maintanance is damn well u get me.. so if everything goes smoothly within less than a year this ca rwould be perfect but i really need advice from u guys as you all probably have modd many cars, for me this is the 4th after 1 broke down last year.
oh yeah another thing... you guys know any AMG shops around here for me to ask about the convertion?
and Zac thanks for the info really appriciate this but if you got monre info please let me kno...

rideon

Known Member

rideon

Known Member
Jan 7, 2007
oh yeah.. what do you guys think a Mercedes with a BMW bodykit??? :)

zac

1,000 RPM

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
more exp...

Continental car is totallt different from jdm machine, for example civic ef7,eg6,eg9,ek3,4,9 type-r, integra, crx... they are all using the same platform and wiring, the only diff is computer and engine, therefore japan car manage to control their cost and sell it at a affordable price, but come to continental car, take my bmw e34 as an example, although is 5 series, we all knew M5 is cool but the inner is totally diff from normal 5 series, 520,525,528,530 they are all using M50 engine, only diff is capacity, but M5's engine is S50, computer, chasis and a lot small spot is not exactly the same although they look alike... reconnect wiring is a problem too cos if the length of wire differ from com setting, the signal ll be in a mess, means u can start the engine but it can only perform 80 maybe 70%. One E39 535 (v8 engine) convert to M5 (also V8 engine) although same v8 platform yet almost all parts are taken down left the platform ( like when u wanna put a roll cage : )) then apply it with ori M5 parts, troublesome, expensive (cheaper then buy one ofcos...)

I do know that those complete car from brabus, kleemann, AMG, mkb, carlsson and etc are perfect, but what makes them perfect is not only engine but also the balancing of whole car... C320 add on AMG supercharge and change pulley for higher boost can only keep up with ori C32 AMG, then the C320 owner change pulley again for higher boost ...BOOM...... one more things, these brand arent cheap at all...

Somehow there is some different between bmw and merc, youngster normally go for bmw and mature family-bounded people ll go for merc, tats y u can only found cheap local made strut bar (rm150-300, normal ac schnitzer around 1.5k) for bmw but no merc, and other country enthusiat ll invented performance part for bmw like uuc, active autowerks from us, chenge from taiwan, ESS supercharge from sweden and a lot more... but for merc, only acc like bodykit, rim, suspension... (when i mod my bmw last time, i went for chenge, cheapest and performance proven) obviously merc doesnt falls within target market of these people, therefore you have to pay more effort to fulfil your dream to own a perfect mercedes

since your ride is ori 3000cc, i would suggest you go for supercharge, port & polished and rechipped or maybe high cam too. Dont try to win japan car at 0-100km, gymkhana or quater miles, show them you can enjoy air-conditioner, with harmon-kardon audio system and no any outside sound at all while driving at steady speed 200kmh or more while they are suffering from bad sound proof ( wind, open pod filter, n1 straight flow exhaust, engine roaring, tyre, girfriend vomitting cos of stiff suspension...) anxious that the the next bump might turn them over to next lane cos too light weight...

This is so called " quality of life" lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

speedevil

Known Member

speedevil

Known Member
Apr 16, 2006
hey guys~ 2.3 compressor is nothing if put into a 4 doors sedan. zac infor r really not bad. i agree wit tat~ its d matter u wan to go for skyline or a mers~ i do love to hav gtr34. but comfortable or really high speed?! i drive a 126 280sel which is manual. currently i m thinking to do some engine upgrade, but stil not sure wher to start. if supercharge or watever upgrade, it may cos u lots of labour charge n troublesome n difficuties to fit in while at d same time its may not increase ur expected hp. A wholely change to another engine like rb26 or supra 3.0 twin turbo is actually easier? tat one i m not sure. but its definitely cos u cheaper n BETTER performance. i know a fren who was a ex racer (drift or drag) n won lots of champions last time in batu tiga. he is a workshop owner now in setapak which do modification specifically on engine. if need any infor, u guys can cal me 012 6017839. or else we can keep this thread continue for more infor exchange. cheers~

Dino@Casper

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
2.3 compressor is nothing, but to a lot of people is more than sufficient to get around... If u have so much cash get the first class's s320 engine, that is a 3.2 straight six.. u should have a lot fun driving the car around.. keep it original benz engine.. If you really wanna go all out, not sure if the s420's v8 could fit, but you can try.. my friend has the s420.. man is it torque, btw i'm driving a 230E.. Too me thats fast enough

vitrous

Known Member

vitrous

Known Member
Jun 18, 2005
Pahang
how about

4g93t?

hehehehehe....jz kidding...
for zac
ur info was like waahhh...thanks..
although i was just passer by...
indeed a enthusiast...
back to the topic...rideon,
for me,i think ur merc should really go rb26 or 2jz...
because it has a lot of sparepart, easy to maintain...
rather than kept thinking where to find money for maintaining alll the europe thingy.....
sorry if any mistake/wrong...
just a noobie person here talk about automotive thingy...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently the double signal button malfunction after I open it up. I tried to put it back, but it doesn't work after that. Please show some proper instruction to fix it please ><"
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience