Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

Mohawk Audio Stuff! Brand NEW+Warranty!

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
huffy, hm, about delivery to s'pore, im not sure how much it'll cost u tho. but i do travel to JB occasionally, so if i do drop by down south, perhaps u can meet up with me for the items? cheers

huffy

Oct 18, 2005
That would be great.. but im not really good with the roads over there as im quite a new driver.. well i will consider what i need b4 i tell u again..thanks mate!

4G13-NA

Oct 29, 2005
Bullet_nos bro, nice to meet u! I saw ur Mohawk price list here and i'm quite interested in them. Actually i'm planning on a full Mohawk setup for my ride. Currently, I have 2x Mohawk Gold 12" subs being run by a cheap amp. Let's say I'd like to have a pair of Mohawk Orange 6.5" splits for my front, and a good amp to power up the subs, what amps would you recommend for these two applications?

ingjoo

Known Member
Oct 22, 2005
among orange, blue and red which one the best??

interested to get the comp set.... but now all comp set selling from 300-450.. orange is rm330.. is it worth to get?? some say mohawk not good, but some say its good...

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
ingjoo : depends on your budget la bro, you want very good ones and you have the cash, you go for Focal comps! To me, my Mohawk setup is good enuff for me ( it's the settings that you must worry more ) You want SQ, Mohawk got a set, forgot la the name...anyway bullet_nos, i forgot to thank you for your kind services in getting the stuffs to me, two thumbs up bro!

ingjoo

Known Member
Oct 22, 2005
em.. SQ means more on the sound quality? which SPL means BASS rite?
\
i thought the seller only sell orange set? jusk asking coz my place here selling red comp set.. whats the difference between red and orange ? which one better?

4G13-NA

Oct 29, 2005
ingjoo bro, I was checking out Mohawk's website last night. Apparently the power rating between the Reds and Golds are the same. Only the SNR differs VERY slightly between them. In other words, there are almost no difference between the two.

ingjoo

Known Member
Oct 22, 2005
but i heard orange/gold is more expensive ah..,
erm... mohawk made from where ?? china//??

4G13-NA

Oct 29, 2005
Yeah, the Gold series is more expensive. Mohawks are made in USA bro. You can click on bullet_nos's banner...full info and specs there.

ingjoo

Known Member
Oct 22, 2005
i read it... got 1 type is titanium series... bullet nos got sell this series or not... or its the latest series mbq?

erm price list is august one.. so long liao no yet reduce ah??

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hey guys! sorry for the late reply...been out for days.

huffy, perhaps u could take the bus to JB causeway, i can meet u there lo. or u can drive across, shouldn't get lost. hehehe.

4g13na, nice to meet u too bro! tho not in RL yet...hehehe. hm, so currently u're running on 2 x 12's orange subs? as for subs, the best amps to whack them are monoblocks, in which unfortunately, mohawk hasnt produced them yet. there is the MB2000.2 2ch amp @ RM 550 which can power them both, but it wun be as efficient as a monoblock, or as tight. but can la. its half the price. hehe. but otherwise, u can consider running 2 amps to whack 2 subs, eg: one M800.2 @ RM 660 to whack one 12 sub, boy, the sound will be awesome.
and about the component set, the best currently is the MSQ series, which delivers the best SQ of them all. it is more pricey of course. the MSQ 6.5" comp set costs RM430. but benefits guaranteed. but the orange would be fine for most of us, including me. hehe. the orange series is only RM 10 more than the red. yes, it is basically similar, as the orange is a newer version of the red. one of the benefits is better magnet casing for heat dissipation, and a new type of crossover for the orange as compared to the red. my take is the Orange.
and all Mohawk products are now manufactured locally, here in Malaysia. their plant is situated in Shah Alam. that's why the prices are so competitive now. it was formally made in USA, under direct supervision by Kicker, but now Kicker has branched out Mohawk under it's license manufacturing and started it's plant here in Malaysia. reason is due to the cheaper labor costs, and the American market does not view the brand "Mohawk" favorably due to racial discrimination issues towards the red indians. so now, we enjoy kicker-quality products at cheaper prices!

ingjoo, now i sell the whole line of mohawk products. some of which are not listed in my price list such as monitors and so forth, can be arranged upon request. and how much u are willing to pay is one thing, but your personal preference is another. but generally speaking, for beginners/people like us with low budget, Mohawk gives the best bang for buck. :wink: and SQ means more towards the Sound Quality side...while SPL is Sound Pressure Level, meaning louder capabilities, and more bass Boom Boom. but an SQ speaker does not necessarily mean it can go boom boom, vice versa.
and btw, the price list latest update is October 5th, page 22. check it out! :smile:

yo ace79! haha, u're welcome man. thanx for your Mohawk support. hehehe :cool: hope u are rockin' and enjoyin' your new balik kampung system!! :biggrin:

Cheers ya'll!

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
dude, replied yr pm! yesterday dunno why cannot connect to the internet...dial up ler...:frown:

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
yeah bro..but now I'm oledi bitten by the ICE bug...arrgghh...but still the Mohawk package you sold me is good enuff for a ICE noobie like me. Good stuff for the money paid bro!

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
haha, good to know u like the mohawk setup! :wink: actually, if u're looking for even better sound, u can play around these mohawk stuffs, as they're pretty good for noobs, and maybe abit higher. hehe. examples are such as sound proofing your car, making sure your RCA cables are not close with the power cables...perhaps can get a capasitor...or a preamp...or a 3-way e-cross...or a better HU...etc etc. not necesarily have to change the speakers and amps to improve.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Chengdu (China), 16 September 2007 – The PETRONAS Syntium Team’s charge in the 2007 Asian Touring Car Series continued this weekend at the brand new Chengdu International Circuit in China. The round proved to be a triumphant one with Fariqe Hairuman dominating the proceedings at the recently completed circuit in China with wins in both races.

Having recovered from the mechanical issues...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience