Mofaz Racing net first podium for season

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Chris Van der Drift made a terrific comeback from injuries sustained in a crash a few months ago to secure Mofaz Racing their first podium spot of the season in the World Series by Renault Formula 3.5 at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit in Belgium.

Following a crash several months ago during a Superleague Formula race, Van der Drift beat all odds to make a return to the track just two months later to finish in third during Race 2 of the 2011 season.

Race 1 saw major race traffic getting in the way of Van der Drift’s attempts to be among the frontrunners. He managed to set a decent qualifying time to start Race 2 from P4 on the grid.

Driving with much determination and a smooth pit stop from the crew saw Van der Drift move up to third, which he managed to maintain for the rest of the race up to the finish line.

“I am thankful to be able to achieve our first podium of 2011 together with Mofaz Racing, an outstanding team indeed which has helped me realise my determination to be back in competitive racing again. Special thanks also go out to our Team Principal, Haji Fauzy, who maintained his faith in me and helped me get this drive, as well as, my Race Engineer, Brian Ireland and the rest of the remarkable team,” said Van der Drift post-race.

“Our heartiest congratulations to Chris for his outstanding performance and our thanks to our dedicated crew for securing our first 2011 podium. Chris has indeed been working with Mofaz Racing prior to this since 2010, coaching our junior drivers in Formula BMW Pacific, showing ultimate commitment to helping others gain a better driving advantage through his vast experience and knowledge. We are also thankful to our partners, Wang Selamat, who has made it possible for Chris to make a comeback to the World Series by Renault Formula 3.5 championship with our team,” said Haji Fauzy, Team Principal.

Race 3 will take place at the fast-paced Monza Circuit in Italy over 14 and 15 May in a fortnight’s time.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

fark.. they broke into my car again! arghh!
this is the second time they suceeded.. same time, same wheather.. same place in front my house... 6am with slight drizzles.
amazing how they managed to smash my window without any sound!..
and again my player is gone (eventho i took out the detachable front panel)

i managed to catch a glimpse of them and wanted to give chase... but as i got out they threw the garbage bin and tiles at me and they fled! damn assh*les..
4 of them on 2 bikes...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience