Mods for non mivec 1.3 satria (Budget later we talk la)

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
what I know is my friend use ACL new bearing nearly all burn off after back from dyno:biggrin:
Dont know why also
probably clearance..if oil starvation bearing bleh pusing iinm..hahaha

.should have run in more or atleast change EO before going dyno.

my engine recently being rebuild and pampered my car to drive below 4k rpm for first 500km. Then did EO change, it was soo black. another 500km still on mineral oil but drive normally but most of the time i try to drive high rpm where possible. After 500km+ another EO change but this time i pour in my preferred EO. Then went on to dyno. No problem.

Another quick way is run in on dyno but need to pay extra for the additional hour(s) spend.

Reactions: sanekit

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
probably clearance..if oil starvation bearing bleh pusing iinm..hahaha

.should have run in more or atleast change EO before going dyno.

my engine recently being rebuild and pampered my car to drive below 4k rpm for first 500km. Then did EO change, it was soo black. another 500km still on mineral oil but drive normally but most of the time i try to drive high rpm where possible. After 500km+ another EO change but this time i pour in my preferred EO. Then went on to dyno. No problem.

Another quick way is run in on dyno but need to pay extra for the additional hour(s) spend.
Ya same as what i am thinking since engine oil become KFC oil after few time used, well for me i will try 1000km for safe side to prevent any :deal:

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
not to make your friend look bad, just stating the truth, many foreman can maintain and overhaul an engine, the sad fact is not even a handful can properly build an engine to spec. many dont measure and spec engines individually which i also understand that it take up too much time.

heck even the place im going couldn't do that, and GT auto/ AHM dont even use a sterile engine room. it is quite stressful to see my engine being build in a workshop common area and no full blueprinting and documentation. but oh well, i can't afford 5 figures labour, i get what i paid for. hahaha
ya, i also think not many people can able to proper build engine that can follow original factory spec.

but you say the place you are going couldnt do that, then how you make sure that your engine spec is correct? you dont care and just drive after you fix or you got way to check? i am also interested to know how to make sure engine is build following to spec

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
ya, i also think not many people can able to proper build engine that can follow original factory spec.

but you say the place you are going couldnt do that, then how you make sure that your engine spec is correct? you dont care and just drive after you fix or you got way to check? i am also interested to know how to make sure engine is build following to spec
they can do up to factory spec, just that i will be there to help out and keep and eye on the process, to make sure every steps (i read in tech article) are done properly.

There are a bit of engineering going on with a built engine, have to figure out and solve it, cut a bit here and there, send this and that to machine shop to get it sorted and fit, figuring hose routing and things, calculating actual compression ratio vs theoretical compression ratio, information gathering such as emailing to ARP for further consultation on their studs, bolts and whatsnot's yield and stretch specs, should i use more torque than factory, all those small details la.

Common thing people dont really care is you cannot stretch your studs too many times/too much, have to shim/deshim your oil pump to get optimal pressure (pressure =/= flow), how to clean stuff up properly, make sure no metal flakes residue (apply to a blown engine), your piston ring gap to application.

Even cylinder bore cross hatch will affect your oil consumption

Reactions: sanekit

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
yup, just strap the car onto a dyno and keep loading the car at 3k rpm, safest and fastest method. usually i use 2 days(about 3-4 hours each night driving around) to rack up 1000km on the road.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
they can do up to factory spec, just that i will be there to help out and keep and eye on the process, to make sure every steps (i read in tech article) are done properly.

There are a bit of engineering going on with a built engine, have to figure out and solve it, cut a bit here and there, send this and that to machine shop to get it sorted and fit, figuring hose routing and things, calculating actual compression ratio vs theoretical compression ratio, information gathering such as emailing to ARP for further consultation on their studs, bolts and whatsnot's yield and stretch specs, should i use more torque than factory, all those small details la.

Common thing people dont really care is you cannot stretch your studs too many times/too much, have to shim/deshim your oil pump to get optimal pressure (pressure =/= flow), how to clean stuff up properly, make sure no metal flakes residue (apply to a blown engine), your piston ring gap to application.

most mech dont have time to go through all that. and our mechs dont get paid by the hour. also, good workshop always have damn long queue... need to set appointment date just to send in your car. that is if the slot not full until end of the year. hahahaha

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018

thank you for telling out. it looks very professional to do all of this things here but im not sure what workshop is willing to do all this work.

you know a lot of details things on engine building. are you a engineer or mechanic?

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
most mech dont have time to go through all that. and our mechs dont get paid by the hour. also, good workshop always have damn long queue... need to set appointment date just to send in your car. that is if the slot not full until end of the year. hahahaha
exactly, that's the sad thing, even if i wanted to pay for it, no one is available to do to such level. It is either the skills level, time or pay.

not enough salary lead to laziness lead to not doing all this thing in the long run lead to rusty skills. even if someone want to do it, i will still doubt it, unless im participating in the building process.

on the other hand, can spend 6 figures, send it to UK or Australia for a proper engine rebuild in a sterile engine room with blueprinting until the smallest of the fastener and full tech specs. i can run in WTAC already. hahaha

thank you for telling out. it looks very professional to do all of this things here but im not sure what workshop is willing to do all this work.

you know a lot of details things on engine building. are you a engineer or mechanic?
non that i know of, even the most professional workshop i know of, do not practice what most professional engine builder do. you can go youtube and watch High Performance Academy for more example of how in-depth they can go into just to build an engine.

There're a lot of information online nowadays, only have to take some time to read and digest it. i am sure most people here know more than me, im still learning; hard.
nah, im not engineer or mechanic, im just a limau kaffir, i make great refreshing and thirst quenching drinks. :marchmellow:

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
exactly, that's the sad thing, even if i wanted to pay for it, no one is available to do to such level. It is either the skills level, time or pay.

not enough salary lead to laziness lead to not doing all this thing in the long run lead to rusty skills. even if someone want to do it, i will still doubt it, unless im participating in the building process.

on the other hand, can spend 6 figures, send it to UK or Australia for a proper engine rebuild in a sterile engine room with blueprinting until the smallest of the fastener and full tech specs. i can run in WTAC already. hahaha

non that i know of, even the most professional workshop i know of, do not practice what most professional engine builder do. you can go youtube and watch High Performance Academy for more example of how in-depth they can go into just to build an engine.

There're a lot of information online nowadays, only have to take some time to read and digest it. i am sure most people here know more than me, im still learning; hard.
nah, im not engineer or mechanic, im just a limau kaffir, i make great refreshing and thirst quenching drinks. :marchmellow:
what kind of engine you are building for yourself? you need it to be so accurate build to enter racing event or just for hobby?

online information cannot be true also in every case. some people can just write what they think is right but that does not mean it is going to be right.

limau kaffir? you open restaurant or kafe that makes limau drinks?

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
what kind of engine you are building for yourself? you need it to be so accurate build to enter racing event or just for hobby?

online information cannot be true also in every case. some people can just write what they think is right but that does not mean it is going to be right.

limau kaffir? you open restaurant or kafe that makes limau drinks?
It is just some humble engine everyone look down. Even my mech say im stupid for staying in that displacement, engine and car. I just want it to be proper (not OCD/perfection bullshit). It is just called doing things properly. It is a street-ish car, although i only drive it once every 2 weeks due to the fact that i dont really want to run into any roadblock and get into trouble. I could say it is mostly for hobby, many builder in malaysia do not have the attention to detail.

Informations are there, you just have to filter, need to know what you’re searching for. There are a lot of known experts you can ask in facebook, motoiq, numerous aftermarket parts developer@maker (isnt that the best thing ever to happen? You can connect to people from thousands of miles away and ask questions). Most of them are happy to tell you, for instance, you can email experts like ARP, nick swifts, etc etc etc. And they’re more than happy to assist you, but ofcourse you have to make sure what you’re asking is relevant and not stupid.

I had restaurants, and limau kaffir smells nice. Haha

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
It is just some humble engine everyone look down. Even my mech say im stupid for staying in that displacement, engine and car. I just want it to be proper (not OCD/perfection bullshit). It is just called doing things properly. It is a street-ish car, although i only drive it once every 2 weeks due to the fact that i dont really want to run into any roadblock and get into trouble. I could say it is mostly for hobby, many builder in malaysia do not have the attention to detail.

Informations are there, you just have to filter, need to know what you’re searching for. There are a lot of known experts you can ask in facebook, motoiq, numerous aftermarket parts developer@maker (isnt that the best thing ever to happen? You can connect to people from thousands of miles away and ask questions). Most of them are happy to tell you, for instance, you can email experts like ARP, nick swifts, etc etc etc. And they’re more than happy to assist you, but ofcourse you have to make sure what you’re asking is relevant and not stupid.

I had restaurants, and limau kaffir smells nice. Haha
is it a satria 4g13 / 4g15 also? humble engine everyone look down but you know a lot of things and is so helpful here. i think you can really do things properly to your engine and make it the best ever of that engine for everyone to appreciate. you dont want run into roadblock and get trouble? is your engine not legal?

experts in facebook and all that cannot easy belief what they saying. maybe they are just commenting without good fact or reality experience. in this internet, how to know if those people is saying the real thing or not. some people can say A is correct, some will say B is correct. how to know.

you must be a good chef and drink maker since you had restaurants.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
is it a satria 4g13 / 4g15 also? humble engine everyone look down but you know a lot of things and is so helpful here. i think you can really do things properly to your engine and make it the best ever of that engine for everyone to appreciate. you dont want run into roadblock and get trouble? is your engine not legal?

experts in facebook and all that cannot easy belief what they saying. maybe they are just commenting without good fact or reality experience. in this internet, how to know if those people is saying the real thing or not. some people can say A is correct, some will say B is correct. how to know.

you must be a good chef and drink maker since you had restaurants.
nah, not that. my car is just not roadblock friendly.

not just any john smith or average joe, if you go deeper into modification scene, you will find out people who actually work in <insert aftermarket brand here> such as haltech, link. I mean you can talk to Andrew Brilliant or any WTAC builders in their fb group, and they are happy to help as well, those guy are the one who knows whatsup.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

heyd top of my car boot is rustin away.currently got 3 patches..so how do i stop it frm rustin more?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience