Modifying Toyota Corolla SE Limited(AE92)

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
the mech said, Bardhal was actually an oil additive brand and lately they have come up with their own engine oil line..
what do you mean by 'normal oil'? mineral or fully synthetic?
mine is SEMI-synthetic btw..

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
i was using ENEOS before, smooth too.. but maybe coz i changed air filters and spark plugs at the same time :nurse:

I guess with an old engine like ours, brand doesn't really make a difference..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
i was using ENEOS before, smooth too.. but maybe coz i changed air filters and spark plugs at the same time :nurse:

I guess with an old engine like ours, brand doesn't really make a difference..
The older the engine the more of a difference it makes.

You try lah draining fully synthetic oil from your engine and topping it back up with mineral the next time round, change your air filter & spark plugs too. I can guarantee you the engine will vibrate more than normal :biggrin: .

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
The older the engine the more of a difference it makes.

You try lah draining fully synthetic oil from your engine and topping it back up with mineral the next time round, change your air filter & spark plugs too. I can guarantee you the engine will vibrate more than normal :biggrin: .
well i guess you're right.. btw long time no see LWW! :itsme:

engine vibrate more? if vibrate more means more power, i dont mind hehehe..
btw i had my carb retuned by another tuner, it really felt better.. engine felt more silent..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
well i guess you're right.. btw long time no see LWW! :itsme:

engine vibrate more? if vibrate more means more power, i dont mind hehehe..
btw i had my carb retuned by another tuner, it really felt better.. engine felt more silent..
Haha yeah bro, i've been around just not posting much :itsme: .

Aiyooo no lah ahaha not muscle vibrate, it becomes less smooth. Hows the power? I just got my weber installed heheh :rofl: . Much smoother & powerfull than the old one.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Haha yeah bro, i've been around just not posting much :itsme: .

Aiyooo no lah ahaha not muscle vibrate, it becomes less smooth. Hows the power? I just got my weber installed heheh :rofl: . Much smoother & powerfull than the old one.
Hehe i'll stick to semi-synth then :biggrin:
whoa u installed weber already? hows the engine? running smooth? consumption? Share some info lah :biggrin:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hehe i'll stick to semi-synth then :biggrin:
whoa u installed weber already? hows the engine? running smooth? consumption? Share some info lah :biggrin:
Haha I just got the car back like what, 3-4 days ago? Getting used to the difference in power :biggrin: .

Well smooth, yes, very very smooth. At the moment im running without any trumpets/air filters. The torque is much better than the original! 1500rpm onwards I can just cruise no problem.

I can rev up to 7000rpm now no problem also HAHA. But my clutch is slipping at 6-ish and the extractors are too small apparantly, and the brakes also jialat after speeding :smokin: . I gotta control my driving now lah :driver: .

Consumption im still averaging it, havent even drained one tank yet, and y'know la. Get new performance part sure hantam right? :rofl:

But so far I think the consumptions OK. Same as my old carb, but idling quite high, I need to get that tuned again later.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
that sounds nice dude.. i envy you hahaha!

aiyo drive safely myfriend, or at least till you're used to the POWAHHH!! :biggrin:

any other mods for the future?

btw what engine oil are you using for your engine? did the brands make any difference for you?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
that sounds nice dude.. i envy you hahaha!

aiyo drive safely myfriend, or at least till you're used to the POWAHHH!! :biggrin:

any other mods for the future?

btw what engine oil are you using for your engine? did the brands make any difference for you?

Haha yes i've been going out at 1am for 'runs' alone to get used to the power, not fun lah when you've got a slipping clutch...

Mmm for now i'm really out of cash. Gonna have to save for a clutch, bigger extractors maybe? Too much to list down bro ahaha. Brakes also giving up...

Im using Royal Purple 10w-30 fully synthetic, before that I was running some Castrol full syn also but I cant remember the model. Extra 45kms per tank :biggrin: . Just from changing the oil.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
LittleWhiteWagon...where had u been bro?how are you?

finally had upgraded ur wagon carby to weber...DCOE ka?
Haha Hi BLANK, looooong time I haven't heard from you too. Im fine im fine, preparing for my finals :wavey: . How about you?

YEAH FINALLY. Been waiting for ages. Nah I got a DCNF 40 instead, for now. No point I put 2 DCOE's, I havent touched my cams, extractor, clutch, pistons etc etc. Think i'll get that done first lah :rofl: .

Whats new with your car? :driver:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Haha yes i've been going out at 1am for 'runs' alone to get used to the power, not fun lah when you've got a slipping clutch...

Mmm for now i'm really out of cash. Gonna have to save for a clutch, bigger extractors maybe? Too much to list down bro ahaha. Brakes also giving up...

Im using Royal Purple 10w-30 fully synthetic, before that I was running some Castrol full syn also but I cant remember the model. Extra 45kms per tank :biggrin: . Just from changing the oil.
Wait, you got higher fuel consumption by using fully synth oil? I thought its the other way around? I mean isnt full synth a 'fine' grade oil, compared to semi or mineral oil? someone make me understand :wavey:

hehe slow-slow mod bit by bit, I'm sure you wont regret it bro :biggrin:

By the way good luck for your finals! And drive safely :driver:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Wait, you got higher fuel consumption by using fully synth oil? I thought its the other way around? I mean isnt full synth a 'fine' grade oil, compared to semi or mineral oil? someone make me understand :wavey:

hehe slow-slow mod bit by bit, I'm sure you wont regret it bro :biggrin:

By the way good luck for your finals! And drive safely :driver:
No I can travel 45kms MORE on one tank :rofl: . Fully synthetic oils = Oils made in labatories, not extracted from the earth and refined, example, motul with their polymers and stuff.

Yeah I hope I dont, nobody in the WORLD (literally) plays with GA16's anymore... im going to lose a lot of money for not much power but wtever lah, all for the sake of uniqueness :thefinger: .

Thanks dude, you too. Any new mods on your ride?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friend ek 2 door was stolen on tuesday midnight....
He park his car at uptown pj......
Plate no=jgg8783
black colour....
My friend dont have his car photo...
And there is no hope for recover back as u guys know as usual...
This is his 2ND ek got stolen...the 1st ek was stolen bout 1 year + ago in puchong....
And i also just lost my ek in january.....
To those driving ek....good luck n do keep very good eyes on your car......
And to those MOTHER-FKER......sepandai-pandai tupai...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience