Modifying Toyota Corolla SE Limited(AE92)

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
My SE nowadays got this problem sometimes.
Certain parking areas the ground wont be in straight condition.
When the car parked a bit tilted to up or down at the front side,sometimes the car cannot start.
Anybody face the similar problem?
What would be the rootcause?

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
When the car parked a bit tilted to up or down at the front side,sometimes the car cannot start.
i suspect this is a 2e 1.3 ee90 right?? my car had this problem also...the fuel system is jam..usually the fuel filter or fuel pump...but i did a throughout clean and ask the foreman clean the fuel tank..you would be surprise all the 'rubbish' found in the fuel tank over the years...hahaha..i found sand particles on the bottom of my fuel tank..lol

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
i suspect this is a 2e 1.3 ee90 right?? my car had this problem also...the fuel system is jam..usually the fuel filter or fuel pump...but i did a throughout clean and ask the foreman clean the fuel tank..you would be surprise all the 'rubbish' found in the fuel tank over the years...hahaha..i found sand particles on the bottom of my fuel tank..lol
My engine is 4AF 1.6 AE92.Almost the same....i suspect something problem with the fuel system but not sure....thanks for the info :biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
check ur fuel pump..

if u r using EFI engine but the fuel pump is a carburetor one, u'll face this problem..

this info is from my mechanic la.. i'm not a mechanic.. hehe..

:biggrin:

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
check ur fuel pump..

if u r using EFI engine but the fuel pump is a carburetor one, u'll face this problem..

this info is from my mechanic la.. i'm not a mechanic.. hehe..

:biggrin:
Its impossible for this to happen.

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Carburator pump at the firewall next to the fuel filter...try changing it to new one....the fuel pump just give it couple knock2, than try to start....just trying to help.....

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
My 4AF(carburator) engine got idling problem....sometimes the rpm went high n sometimes low.Whats the problem?

Second case,when the A/C is ON n the rpm goes 2000 n above,can hear a some kind of relay clicking sound....whats the sound actually n whats its function?

Third case,after a long driving on 120 km/h on highway...when reach the tol.....after free the gear....engine immediately will stop....dono whats wrong.Anyone experience like this on ur SE?

Last edited:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
I suspect there is something wrong with your carb.. ( question 1&3 )
Do a proper tune up on the carb and see any difference.. I had the same problem like you before, after speeding or accelerating hard and lift off the accel quickly, RPM will drop down to around 600RPM and going to die.. Also when I'm taking off at a traffic light ( normal speed ), the engine would die off and the RPM will drop to 600RPM, sometimes lower..

All I did was find a good mech to tune my carb properly and everything was smooth, even my engine sounds quieter.. my previous mech didnt do the timing and carb adjustments properly, so its important to find a good mech..

Sorry cant help with question 2..

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Bro hachiroku,thanks for the info.

So guys need some info regarding engine oil.What type of engine oil is better for SE Limited?
(For example type:synthethic or semi synthethic,sae number and brands)

I got ae92 long meter,so just thinking want to change my stock to this long meter.
I want to try fix it myself since no time for workshop.Isit PnP or need to do some modification?

Last edited:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
I'm using 10W-40 Semi synthetic.. el-cheapo brand, I dunno if you heard of it before, its called Bardhal, $75..

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Bardhal....never heard of it
Is semi synthethic ok?
Coz when i buy engine oil from spare part shop,the guy ask me "kereta ada makan minyak tak",he said if so must use normal oil....cannot use synthethic oil.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The next time you’re yacking away on your ultra high-tech, state of the art hands free kit consider this; a person using a hands free device is four times more likely to crash.

It was also found that drivers talking on either hand-held or hands-free mobile phones have an average reaction time that is 30 per cent slower than drunk drivers and an astonishing 50 per cent slower reaction time than sober drivers. This was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience