Modding Turning Radius

maxgil05

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
Cheras, KL
Since most city can use tyre width 205 and cannot enter any bigger due to will hit inside of fender when turning.

Like my city 5gen turning radius is 5.0 and civic turning radius is 5.8 and that might be one of the reason civic can enter 225 or more. (by the way, the less turning radius number, the easy to make fast u turn)

My question is can we increase turning radius of city to like 5.5 so that can enter 215 or 225 tyre, is it something to do like adjusting some bolts of steering or need to replace some steering parts?

:biggrin: just my curious question, want to mod my 5g city into camry 2.4 or accord 2.4 killer and atleast can kejar tyre-r, so i need better grip.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
dun turn ur steering to the max........ that is the only thing u can do.

U wun be able to change the turning radius of your car......

btw, the turning radius is actually not how fast u can make a u-turn. its how large a circle u make. example.

Turning radius 5 = if you turn ur steering max to one side, u will be making circles with a diameter of 5 meters.

So if u wanna increase the turning radius...... just turn less......:P

maxgil05

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
Cheras, KL
Thanks for the reply, in that case will not disturb turning radius.

Maybe just need to get wheel spacer and add widening bodykit for side of fender. :biggrin:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Go BOT if u wanna go from 1.5 chasing 2.4 haha... kejar type-r somemore :stupid:

maxgil05

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
Cheras, KL
Ya, turbo will easiest way to gain huge HP and cheapest compare to NA but need to change engine internal part to kejar type-r :driver:

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Tyre shop foreman told me before that adding wheel spacers will make your wheels vibrate during high speed. I'm not sure how true but if its true then you better don't if you wanna kejar type-R.
Later kejar half way tayar tercabut of wadever then.......

ADC2

Jun 13, 2010
Penang
how about grip tire --> advan neova..... or semi slick
Type r also use 205 / 215 tire

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
only plan for city can catch type R is put K20A inside
but that's illegal

and you car is just a small car, this is what it designed to be. forget about 2.4 litters killers

no point putting 215/225 tyre, it will slow your car down. Unless your car has too much power, basically overpower, then larger contact patch will help

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need to respray my car inside & outside. Has anyone here got any good recommended place where i can go?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience