modding my iswara

sooyeshun

Aug 2, 2004
if i want to do mod my proton to some NA cars...what am i suppose to do???

....how much do i need

how much faster my car will be??

need info from all sifu here

Doink

Aug 1, 2004
House
na have a lot of option..change ur air filter...use fully syntetic oils...ermmm...wat else more u want tell me...i also drive iswara...

GSR5559

dude wht do u mean by moding ur proton to sum NA cars? urs turbo rite now? or ur trying to say dat u waa mod ur NA ?
k this is sum of my humble opinions oni to mod..
if ur not planning to go for transplanting new engine den mebi u can play around wif ur engine..if ur running on injection den it wuld be easier to play..or else u can go for webber ...pheww..chun sound
this is the list for injection engines

: air filter
: Cold air intake
: heat shield
: exhaust wif good piping route
: high cams
: cam pulley
: port & polish
: balancing
: lightened flywheel but not so much le, or else u will be struggling goin
uphills
: get a piggyback and play around wif ur car performance settings
: most of all after moding this, u need safety, get a twin pot brakes

im not veri sure how fast ur car can go but i think it makes a veri big difference between a stock ones..good luck

yiheng85

Nov 24, 2003
bandar utama, P
www.geocities.com
anyone knows roughly how much is a brand new 4G15P carbie? I am thinking of swapping my saga G13B cyclone to one... getting a second hand one is more worth it or a new one?

btw, anyone knows bout the PowerZone 1600cc stroker kit for 4G15P?

GSR559...thanks for the guide too...

cheers...

GSR5559

Originally posted by yiheng85@Sep 26 2004, 12:48
anyone knows roughly how much is a brand new 4G15P carbie? I am thinking of swapping my saga G13B cyclone to one... getting a second hand one is more worth it or a new one?

btw, anyone knows bout the PowerZone 1600cc stroker kit for 4G15P?

GSR559...thanks for the guide too...

cheers...
no prob dude..why dun u save more to go for 4g61 turbo 1.6 mirage turbo..
at least u wont stick to NA all the time and wif the money u pay u oni get limited power..at least try sumthin new like forced induction ..
from there u culd upgrade more stuff..i bet later on after 1 month of driving u will get bored veri fast if u convert to 1.5 .. at least wif 4g61 turbo, u can upgrade lots of stuff like vr4 block, big turbine,standalone, cus that engine is running injection engine..as u know wif 1.5 mod kau kau oso wont win stock 1.8 .. so dun waste money, go for turbo .. maintenance i think not so high if u reli take good care of the engine..do not think that turbo = pokai .. na oso can be pokai..depends how u take care and how u use it..the more u drive of cus the more petrol consumed..
as u can see dat even 1.6 turbo, u can actually play wif lots of car oredi, if u got slightly mods and a good mechs to tune ur car..a good mech = a good car
jus my 2 cents.

khoyos

Nov 23, 2003
bro, go browse previous topics. look for 4G15/4G13 topics. because iswara engine is 4G13, if u dont know.

blahblah

Milky Way
www.bernardloke.com
Originally posted by khoyos@Sep 27 2004, 12:21
bro, go browse previous topics. look for 4G15/4G13 topics. because iswara engine is 4G13, if u dont know.
Yeah..it was a long list of mods that can be done on 4G13/15

jaywat

Jan 9, 2005
Originally posted by GSR5559@Sep 26 2004, 03:38
dude wht do u mean by moding ur proton to sum NA cars? urs turbo rite now? or ur trying to say dat u waa mod ur NA ?
k this is sum of my humble opinions oni to mod..
if ur not planning to go for transplanting new engine den mebi u can play around wif ur engine..if ur running on injection den it wuld be easier to play..or else u can go for webber ...pheww..chun sound
this is the list for injection engines

: air filter
: Cold air intake
: heat shield
: exhaust wif good piping route
: high cams
: cam pulley
: port & polish
: balancing
: lightened flywheel but not so much le, or else u will be struggling goin
uphills
: get a piggyback and play around wif ur car performance settings
: most of all after moding this, u need safety, get a twin pot brakes

im not veri sure how fast ur car can go but i think it makes a veri big difference between a stock ones..good luck

Hey man.. why the topic stops here only..i just bought my new saga a few months ago..so interested to know more about car modification ler...can you all tell me more ar ??

And paiseh ar...for asking all the simple question hahaha

What is port and polish ar???
How to achieve the cold air intake?
What is the effect of high cams?? i know cam is for the opening and closing of intake and exhaust valve lar..something like that..

How much should i reduce the flightwheel so that i can gain faster response on flat road and be powerful as well during hill climb?

msj92

Jan 18, 2005
Selayang Baru
hi dudes.

I give U simple advise. buy flywheel, clutch cover, clutch plate MITSHUBISHI 1.6 super touring. ( 1 set ) all this thing cost about rm 180 and install it to your standard 1.3 iswara car. The performance will we kao gile. The pick up is excellent.

but...........
FIRST U HAVE TO LIGHTENED THE FLYWHEEL AS THE SAME AS YOUR ISWARA FLYWHEEL WEIGHT.
NOT TO MUCH AND NOT TO LESS.
TOOOO MUCH WILL CAUSE NO OR LOST TOP SPEED

THE INSTALATION WILL COST U ABOUT RM 100.
TOTAL RM 280.

U WILL NOT REGRET IT, I TELL U.
AFTER U DOING THIS, U WILL NOT HAVE TO MADIFIED MORE. THIS IS ENOUGH.
U WILL HAVE ALL. PICK UP AND TOP SPEED.

PICK UP AFTER U INSTALL THIS THING. AND ISWARA IS THE BEST ENGINE WHICH WILL GIVE MAX SPEED WITH ONLY STANDARD IMAGINE IF U HAVE THE PICK UP.

L2TurboFool

Oct 8, 2004
-headers
-camshaft
-exhaust system
-iridium spark plugs
-spark cables
-ground wires
-voltage stabilizer
-nitrous (if ur mad)
-port and polish
-bore
-stroker kit
-adjust your air-to-fuel ratio

endless82

Dec 16, 2004
Originally posted by msj92@Jan 23 2005, 00:06
hi dudes.

I give U simple advise. buy flywheel, clutch cover, clutch plate MITSHUBISHI 1.6 super touring. ( 1 set ) all this thing cost about rm 180 and install it to your standard 1.3 iswara car. The performance will we kao gile. The pick up is excellent.

but...........
FIRST U HAVE TO LIGHTENED THE FLYWHEEL AS THE SAME AS YOUR ISWARA FLYWHEEL WEIGHT.

TOTAL RM 280.

PICK UP AFTER U INSTALL THIS THING. AND ISWARA IS THE BEST ENGINE WHICH WILL GIVE MAX SPEED WITH ONLY STANDARD IMAGINE IF U HAVE THE PICK UP.
:o ...u mean the clutch plate and everything just cost RM180??? Where to get?

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
Originally posted by msj92@Jan 23 2005, 00:06
hi dudes.

but...........

TOTAL RM 280.

well...i dun think so...i already got mmc 1.6 clutch cover n also 1.6 flywheel lightened....

when u lightened the flywheel...u will feel ur car no power 2 go up genting hill....

n if wan2 go 4 1.6 ...can go 4 1.8 super touring flywheel also....

the flywheel surface is bigger so lees clutch slip...

well...tats wat i think...n juz my 2cents...

msj92

Jan 18, 2005
Selayang Baru
I juast want to ask, did U lightened the original iswara flywheel or mmc flywheel.
U should not lightened original iswara flywheel instead U should lightened the mmc flywheel, The weight should not lesser than the original iswara. It should be the same weight. If U lightened the flywheel lesser it will not have top speed but more pick up. If the weight is more, U will have top speed but not the pick up.

Between the mmc 1.6 and 1.8 clutch is no diffrent. both have the same size.
both 8 inches. There will be no different.

the set all include clutch, clutch cover and clutch cover but all kedai potong punya not a new one. If new one cannot dapat lah........

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
msj 92...
who u refering 2 when u say 'did u lightened ur iswara flywheel'?

me driving wira n using 1.6 mmc flywheel n clutch cover also....i lightened the 1.6 mmc flywheel slightly lighter than ori 1.5 flywheel...theres not much power compare 2 stock...now easier 2 wheel spin onli...

last time stock 4g15 wit PZ xtractor n cam wit tis lightened flywheel...2nd gear also spin...sigh....

msj92

Jan 18, 2005
Selayang Baru
Sorry Yong,
I tot that U use iswara
this one also have PZ xtractor n cam wit tis lightened flywheel. If still cannot
spin 2 nd gear wis this, I also dont know why lor. Maybe something with something else.
or maybe U need to tune the ECU to give more fuel burst in .

After cahnging the clutch set Usually it should not be like tat. If U still lost the power when climbing hills, maybe there is something wrong on the other parts.
I strongly suspect tat U might have to tune the ECU.

p/s just my 1 cent brain opinion.

got a 2nd hand hi/lo, soft hard absorber for sale...........spring rate 8 for the front and 6 for the rear...........are the spring rates suitable for wira 1.8 ? What is a suitable spring rate for comfort for wira 1.8 ?

tq