Modder Sifu at KL or Selangor Come In..

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello.. first of all, i don't know is it the right place i post this.. if not i would to say sorry 1st ya..
I'm currently driving Myvi 1.3 auto.. and i want to upgrade performance.. Erm, i already done full exhaust system and open pod filter.. (I really want to play performance BUT not in Turbo =D )

The questions is : Is it any place in KL or Selangor workshop that can provide me good advices on how to mod my car base on performance and about my engine maybe port and polish or something else? Where u all dearly sifus go usually for upgrade ur lovely car performance? Your suggestions are most appreciated.

Thank you very muchie:proud:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errrr...one question...

are u ready to change the tranny into manual soon??

because auto rob the power from engine...thus less power to the tyre... :adore:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
errrr...one question...

are u ready to change the tranny into manual soon??

because auto rob the power from engine...thus less power to the tyre... :adore:
i have to disagree on this one pomen, a std auto tranny can still handle a mildly mod engine

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

hello.. first of all, i don't know is it the right place i post this.. if not i would to say sorry 1st ya..
I'm currently driving Myvi 1.3 auto.. and i want to upgrade performance.. Erm, i already done full exhaust system and open pod filter.. (I really want to play performance BUT not in Turbo =D )

The questions is : Is it any place in KL or Selangor workshop that can provide me good advices on how to mod my car base on performance and about my engine maybe port and polish or something else? Where u all dearly sifus go usually for upgrade ur lovely car performance? Your suggestions are most appreciated.

Thank you very muchie:proud:
by "upgrade performance exhaust", did u mean bigger pipes with straight through muffler? i prefer polishing rather den porting, there arent many workshop in malaysia dat does the porting process using a proper flow bench machine

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
extremeleo...sure the gearbox could withstand mild mods...

but not syiok ler power not realy direct to tyre....got slippage...especially when under heavy acceleration..... cannot do :burnout:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
hehe, a piece of advice, change to manual if u want better performance.

tested with a friend of mine, done all basic mods on his auto myvi like lighten crankpulley, airfilter, exhaust n some other bits n pieces, while my manual myvi is BONE STOCK, with stock filter, stock exhaust, stock rims stock absorbers (100% factory spec).

tested 0-400m, 0-100kmh, highway runs etc, my car wins by AT LEAST 3-4 cars' length every single time.

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for ur guys advices..
Erm.. i think before want to change to manual trans.. but im not sure tat where can i get manual trans to swap? and another thing is is it any problem since my myvi is auto convert to manual?

^pomen GTR^, kyoyos,
i agree ^pomen GTR^ and khoyos too.. i really lose to my fren almost standard myvi but with manual trans.. any suggestion where can done manual trans swap and where can get it? how much it normally cost?

Xtremeleo,
erm, im using 4-1 and 1.6 piping S-flow. polishing? erm how much its normal cost and where can be done? i read through alot of forum and mentioned that have many stages? what is mean? mean part by part been polished?

pls advices me ya sifus thanks thanks.. (or give me any good suggestion)

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

go tp Dpro @ tmn petaling utama, PJS1, behind brothers accs shop jln klang lama.
oo.. Thanks DanzEterna:proud:

ya, i go there b4. Dpro.. my exhaust system is done by them.. (But they just ask me go for Turbo kit LOL)
so, im asking any place can give me proper advices on upgrade performance other than bolt on kit..

anyway, thanks for you advice..:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yes u can swap to manual tranny with minimal sweat....gearbox can be found at halfcut shop...about swapping and price maybe ppl at Dpro can help u out...

just my little opinion,,not a sifu tough... :adore:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i have another advice for u bro. this might hurt a bit but its the truth n i'm sure many would agree with me.

myvi is meant to be a comfortable, slow, fuel-saving town car. so why not use it as what it was intended for? try saving more money, get a proper weekend car if u want to feel the need for speed. for less than rm10k, u can get urself a good drift car. u can go learn drifting which is so much fun! or if u have around rm20k, u can buy a satria turbo which is also fun and not too expensive to mod at the same time. plus mitsu turbo engines have virtually limitless power potential, depending on ur budget.

trust me bro, at the end of the day, when u have already spent more than 20k n ur myvi is still not fast at all, u will regret not buying another weekend car for that duties... plus ur myvi will still be an auto, comfortable, fuel saving car at the end of the day, serving u reliably anytime anywhere...

if ur parents bought u the car n they will not allow getting another car, then back to plan A hehehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The intake manifold is made of some sort of plastic, you can't PNP it. So you'll have to custom make one if you want a bigger ported manifold.

Me thinks keep the auto GB until you really cannot tahan already then only change. Traffic jams is no joke in M'sia since it's also known as "the worlds largest carpark".

Change the returnless fueling system to one that has a return and add AFPR.

Skim the head and change to high comp pistons (some say the Kembara one is and can be used) and you got quite a runner there as it is.

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes u can swap to manual tranny with minimal sweat....gearbox can be found at halfcut shop...about swapping and price maybe ppl at Dpro can help u out...

just my little opinion,,not a sifu tough... :adore:
i have another advice for u bro. this might hurt a bit but its the truth n i'm sure many would agree with me.

myvi is meant to be a comfortable, slow, fuel-saving town car. so why not use it as what it was intended for? try saving more money, get a proper weekend car if u want to feel the need for speed. for less than rm10k, u can get urself a good drift car. u can go learn drifting which is so much fun! or if u have around rm20k, u can buy a satria turbo which is also fun and not too expensive to mod at the same time. plus mitsu turbo engines have virtually limitless power potential, depending on ur budget.

trust me bro, at the end of the day, when u have already spent more than 20k n ur myvi is still not fast at all, u will regret not buying another weekend car for that duties... plus ur myvi will still be an auto, comfortable, fuel saving car at the end of the day, serving u reliably anytime anywhere...

if ur parents bought u the car n they will not allow getting another car, then back to plan A hehehe
Really thanks ^pomen GTR^ and khoyos advices.. really appreciated..
khoyos, u mean i just tahan more a while and save money to get a really a sport car to play for? don't waste money on myvi because myvi is for comfort and save fuel car. am i rite? i have 3 question for you.

(1) Where can i learn drift lesson like our drift Queen? (Leona Chin) haha..
(2) Is it will cost much if own a drift car ? maintenance fees?
(3) Getting a Satria or Honda ek/eg(my favourite car vtec) will cost much rite? and i really don't know whether the engine or electronic stuff is in good condition or not? (scare been scam by them LOL)

Please advice ya:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Really thanks ^pomen GTR^ and khoyos advices.. really appreciated..
khoyos, u mean i just tahan more a while and save money to get a really a sport car to play for? don't waste money on myvi because myvi is for comfort and save fuel car. am i rite? i have 3 question for you.

(1) Where can i learn drift lesson like our drift Queen? (Leona Chin) haha..
(2) Is it will cost much if own a drift car ? maintenance fees?
(3) Getting a Satria or Honda ek/eg(my favourite car vtec) will cost much rite? and i really don't know whether the engine or electronic stuff is in good condition or not? (scare been scam by them LOL)

Please advice ya:biggrin:
regarding this....

a return question...how much money did u willing to spent on????

10k???20k???

-for starters 10k is manageable....but best is 20k....

-u can get sub 10k car(7k-8k).....and another 10k to keep for maintenance/upgrading its power....

drift lesson???free if u know how to make friends....
drift car cost??drift ready toyota DX around 8k-12k (depends on condition and other mods)
v-tec car cost quite high..but a mivec satria less than 20k only......

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
1. there should be a local drift group at the place where ur staying. maybe u can try to approach the local drifters n i'm sure u will be able to learn fast.

2. hahaha not at all! most malaysian drift cars are serviced every 4-5months but drifted almost daily! the only real expenses are tyre expenses.

3. since its gonna be a weekend car, why not just buy EF? its cheaper n more low profile... if u want EK/EG, then its gonna be expensive la. i think for less than 20k u can get urself a decent weekend car that will be able to provide u with the fun.

thats what i did. i have a bone stock myvi for daily use n 2 weekend cars (1 for drifting n another 1 for highway runs). my daily travelling is not affected by the weekend cars' problems...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
1. there should be a local drift group at the place where ur staying. maybe u can try to approach the local drifters n i'm sure u will be able to learn fast.

2. hahaha not at all! most malaysian drift cars are serviced every 4-5months but drifted almost daily! the only real expenses are tyre expenses.

3. since its gonna be a weekend car, why not just buy EF? its cheaper n more low profile... if u want EK/EG, then its gonna be expensive la. i think for less than 20k u can get urself a decent weekend car that will be able to provide u with the fun.

thats what i did. i have a bone stock myvi for daily use n 2 weekend cars (1 for drifting n another 1 for highway runs). my daily travelling is not affected by the weekend cars' problems...
yeap yeap myvi is like the perfect daily drive car :top:
too bad tak cukup cash to by another car :bawling:
spend so much maintaining my putra as it is and suffer like hell in traffic jams coz using exedy 3 puck somemore but when the roads open up thats when i say to myself it was all worth it hhe

stevenfish89

Jul 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks all sifus advices...
I will just normal mod my myvi and never modified my engine ok?
Erm, since im still a college student. i think i will save my 20k for maybe 2 or 3 more years..
That time i only purchase my weekend car and be Need for speed haha..

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

regarding this....

a return question...how much money did u willing to spent on????

10k???20k???

-for starters 10k is manageable....but best is 20k....

-u can get sub 10k car(7k-8k).....and another 10k to keep for maintenance/upgrading its power....

drift lesson???free if u know how to make friends....
drift car cost??drift ready toyota DX around 8k-12k (depends on condition and other mods)
v-tec car cost quite high..but a mivec satria less than 20k only......
Er.. thanks ^pomen GTR^..
I will listen ur advices. erm, since i still newbie to car or engine stuff (I ardy keep read people thread about it) but the problem is when i purchase or consider a mivec satria, what is the steps or criteria need to check before buy that certain car? can give me some tips ya :biggrin: million thankss..:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in this post I will show you what is the culprit when side mirror cannot auto-flip.

First we need to remove the mirror by pry from below. Do it carefully

Then remove 4 screw that hold side mirror cover.

Here what it will look like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience