MMU Autoshow 2006 - Drift Challenge 19/20 August 2006 - By Drift.com.my

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
MMU Autoshow 2006 - Drift Attack 19/20 August 2006 - By Drift.com.my

MMU Autoshow 2006 - MMU Drift Attack

With Drifting catching up and growing in Malaysia and with the Initial D from Hong Kong and F&F3:Tokyo Drift from USA there were screened in the cinema, MMU decided to concentrate their attention to drifting this year in the MMU Autoshow 2006!

Catch the remote Controlled cars in action with participants from around Malaysia. There will also be booth for local car dealers to do car promotion and also car accessories exhibition.

So everyone do come by to have a fun time, back to the drifters:

Venue: MITC Malaca Carpark
Date: 19-20th August 2006
Time: 10:00am-6:00pm (Saturday), 9:00am-6:00pm (Sunday)
Spectators' Charges: FOC
Maximum no. of participants: 45 (RWD vehicles only)
Track Condition:Dry

Entry Fees
1) ONE drifter with accomodation TWO days- RM165
2) ONE drifter without accomodation TWO days- RM120
3) ONE non-participant - RM85
4) ONE drifter ONE day - RM90
5) ONE drifter + ONE non-participant + ONE night accomodation - RM250
6) ONE drifter + TWO non-participant + ONE night accomodation - RM320
7) ONE drifter + THREE non-participant + ONE night accomodation - RM380

Apparments: Melaka Water City Resort. 5km away. Organizers will bring you over at 6pm on saturday
*Note for those who would like to stay at the resort please confirm latest by 9th August 2006
check this site out for Melaka Water City Resort.

Event Format
Saturday
Drift Session - 10:00am-6:00pm, dry surface
Sunday
Practice & Drift Competition - 9:00am-6:00pm, dry surface
* Bring more tyres

Competition Grouping
- Participants will be divided into two groups based on organiser evaluation: Ace and Novice
- Drivers in Ace group would most likely be those who had either scored championship points in D1GP, SSO, or won 1st-4th placing in past novice competition.
- Competition will be judged according to entry speed, drift angle, and lining.
- Due to safety reasons, tsuiso will be given only to the best 16 in Ace group.
- Winners of the Novice group will be determined by points scored in solo runs.
- Judges decision are final. No protest will be entertained.
- Winners in each group will be given trophies.

Important!
- Helmets are compulsory
- Shoes and Long Pants compulsory
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times, drivers will be disqualified if found unbelted
- No loose items in vehicle
- Brake lights must be working
- Roll cage and 4-point safety harness are recommended

Registration

For registration and more info, please call ZeE at 012-3200685 or Lee at 016-4106028

This event is organised by MMU and co-organised by Drift.com.my

For more information, check out Drift.com.my

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hahah.... didnt know this year Autoshow committee are so committed.... i heard their budget applied for this autoshow alone was around rm80k....

of coz, they didnt get that much la... but still, its nice to see mmu malacca manage to attract u guys to come down and have some drift events here....

i wonder if they did manage to attract others such as zth, racecraft, hypertune, bla bla bla.....

hilal

Known Member
Feb 27, 2006
www.friendster.com
SkYwAlKeR said:
hahah.... didnt know this year Autoshow committee are so committed.... i heard their budget applied for this autoshow alone was around rm80k....

of coz, they didnt get that much la... but still, its nice to see mmu malacca manage to attract u guys to come down and have some drift events here....

i wonder if they did manage to attract others such as zth, racecraft, hypertune, bla bla bla.....
yeah.. we're in the process of getting 'em.. only zth has confirmed that they have to focus on MME which will be held on the next week.. :cry_smile:

we're trying very hard to get as many famous motorsport companies to open their booth as we can! hoping u guys come over to our event and give us support! =)

THANKS!

OhNooy

Jun 14, 2006
Attention to all photographer,
Anyone who needs a media pass for photo shooting for MMU Drict Attack, please do leave your details over here. Photographers without passes are STRICTLY not allowed in the drifting track. Your details MUST include:
1. Your name:
2. Your company(megazine,website and etc)
3. Your contact number
NO charges on the media passes. Just leave your name. Please leave your name before 15 August 2006. Passes shall be collected on the day of event. Hope to see you guys there. Any doubt please do not hesitate to call me at 016-4106028.

Regards,
OhNooy