MIVEC Head

antistatic

Apr 2, 2005
Aloooo all ZTH sifu.....

I have mivec 1.6 head+intake manifol without distributor. I want to 'kawin' it with my 4G92 SOCH proton engine, so what I need to do and whitch workshop can do this 'kawin' things. How much it will cost me? I really need help, hope all of U can give me the answer please.

GTi9158

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
sell me the head la, I need it. :D
how much you got it for anyways?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I think u should go to Mitsubishi forum la. Sure a lot of replies there.

antistatic

Apr 2, 2005
I have found some info but it's about 4G93 engine using MIVEC head......

http://www.mivec.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=854

Building a 4G93 MIVEC is not an easy task. Too high a compression and you lose power too early on high revs (around 6500 - 7000 rpm) to low a compression and you lose low end rpm torque. One general rule is NOT to use the MIVEC pistons if you are to use the standard head gaskets(compression ratio is over 12:1 with the mivec pistons) you should look for stock 1.8 or skimmed 1.6 pistons. I have no idea which one is the optimum as my mechanic says it is a trade secret. Another thing would be the timing belt issue... it is not a mitsu, some people say it is a toyota, some say mazda, well I am using a toyota one and it is running fine... as for your MIVEC purchase(half cut) I think it would be cheaper to just buy the MIVEC head and wiring, should save you money on the freight and total cost. Just for your info, my 4G93 MIVEC goes all the way up to 8500 rpm with no problems. Running a Ralliart MIVEC 1.6 ECU chip with an uprated fuel pressure regulator. I have no leaning out problems even with the MIVEC cams on. Basic ignition timing is only 2 - 3 degrees...

twist

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Antistatic,

At glammery Shah Alam there are lots of underground cars modifying shops. They modi like crazy depend on your pocket also. So try there!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Proton Makeover – Work in Progress pics of 1992 Saga
September 8, 2011 at 4:15 pm By Danny Tan

UPDATE: Saga will be handed back to Fadly next week – stay tuned for the reveal!

The ‘My Proton Makeover’ contest, which is part of the national...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience