Mitsu WRC Lancer Evo X Ralliart preview

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

Only a week after the official reveal of the new Lancer Evolution X, Mitsubishi has given us a preview of next year’s Lancer Evolution X Group N rally car, which it plans to showcase at this month’s Rally Japan. The car won’t be competing but will instead be used as a ‘course car,’ driving through the rally track prior to race to check conditions.

The actual car will be running the full Group N specification, which means it will be packing a reinforced chassis, full roll cage, constant-mesh close-ratio gearbox and underbody protection. The exterior of the car remains almost identical with the production model but picks up a few racing accessories such as the roof scoop and competition-spec alloys.

Mitsubishi is expected to obtain the Group N homologation from the FIA for the Exo X by mid next year with the new rally challenger taking part in international rallies during the second half of 2008 or 2009. Development of the race cars will be a joint effort between Mitsubishi and Ralliart, and this early prototype will help verify the potential of new components that will eventually make their way to the final competition cars.

Source:
Motor Authority

KATOW JO

Jul 18, 2006
huhuhuh..the new lardy tubby chubby evo dont even dare to try and enter WRC..too porky to race...huuhhuuh

azuri

Jul 3, 2006
with no fender arches... still scooby win my hearts for WRC... only the new hatch back... urghhhh...!

parawisata79

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
it's look like to have rally on road only lor.. not stronger like the old one..more to commercial design..

cheers..!!

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
the car too big, too chubby, hard to compete in some parts of the rally. They should use Mitsu Colt. Just like Citroen, Pegeout and also Subaru now.... hehehe

wongth7

Mar 2, 2007
wakakka...is tat a taxi??..haha...tat thing behind the wheels look like its for sweeping the road...hope to see more of this car on the road so that the road will be cleaner...hahaha

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
the front looks mean enough.... but somehow the side and especially the back turns me off... still prefer the old evo's with mean looks...

supraman

Dec 4, 2004
looks like a fake Skyline GTR ------ no no no looks like a PUTRA GTR ......

dohcmivec

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
Old Klang Road
the front looks mean enough.... but somehow the side and especially the back turns me off... still prefer the old evo's with mean looks...
when the evo 7 jus came out, lotsa ppl including me still like the evo 5 & 6 cuz of their mean looks... but after ppl start to do up their cars, things will be different...:D

drMpower

May 1, 2006
those mud-flapper thing looks stupid. i have always against those flappers.

is there any chance to remove those?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu..

i want sifu give me choice for my 4g93 sohc...

sincerely...
i,m confuse want to choose either clutch exedy 4puck or trinity...
can all sifus in this forum suggest me either exedy 4puck or trinity..and tell me about the price and more resistance...

thank you...to all respond...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience