Mit Grandis vs Honda Stream vs Toyota Wish

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Alza will be cheaper in long run.
Comparing the size of the 3 mentioned cars vs the Alza, the Alza loses out in all aspects. With that 1.5L engine, the FC would be terrible too if loaded all the time. Only thing that the Alza has over those 3 is easy handling. Maintenance costs is comparable with the Wish except for tyres.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Yeah, because 5 seater Caldina is more like a Station wagon than an MPV.
What's the problem with the auto btw? One of my friend is thinking to buy this.
i always thought its a 7 seater......cos its an auto...therefore the gearbox differentials are not strong enought, limited upgrade. maybe could be interested if there is a converted manual caldina out there.....

tell yr fren to gather as much info as possible.....cos this is wat i heard from my fren...i could be wrong....

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

for alza...the 3rd row is for kids only....not suitable for adults......the boot space is very limited, only able to
place 2 bags....
but power wise quite powerful for a 1.5 engine.

once we stuffed the alza with 7 adults & 6 kids....still quite powerfull.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
for alza...the 3rd row is for kids only....not suitable for adults......the boot space is very limited, only able to
place 2 bags....
but power wise quite powerful for a 1.5 engine.

once we stuffed the alza with 7 adults & 6 kids....still quite powerfull.
Don't know what you did with that Alza but I disagree! I drove to Penang with 6 adults and bags in the back (squeezed with the rear 2 adults) and the car struggled along the uphill/downhill highways nearby Ipoh that area. I couldn't keep my foot steady to maintain the 110km/h speed limit and when I shifted down it struggled to maintain the momentum. Powerful? Erm.. no

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Don't know what you did with that Alza but I disagree! I drove to Penang with 6 adults and bags in the back (squeezed with the rear 2 adults) and the car struggled along the uphill/downhill highways nearby Ipoh that area. I couldn't keep my foot steady to maintain the 110km/h speed limit and when I shifted down it struggled to maintain the momentum. Powerful? Erm.. no
haha...we didnt go for la, just from ampang to times square only......all adults normal size..no fat ones :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
haha...we didnt go for la, just from ampang to times square only......all adults normal size..no fat ones :rofl:
Izso he turn one big round from Ampang to Times Square to call you fat. :rofl:
*batu api*

Get the Alza, spend 10k turbocharge it. You will get better FC, better drivability and similar power to the Wish and Stream.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso he turn one big round from Ampang to Times Square to call you fat. :rofl:
*batu api*

Get the Alza, spend 10k turbocharge it. You will get better FC, better drivability and similar power to the Wish and Stream.
Bugger.. I didn't see it that way until you mentioned it. Damn you Danz!! :biggrin: Btw, among the 6 adults only I was the big sized one and by big sized I'm 85kg. The rest are all lighter than me. If you're lugging around people within the city I guess the Alza would be a reasonably good buy. But that damn B-pillar for the middle row seat people is damn annoying. I keep kicking it and sometimes tripping with my big feet.

Personally I'd have to spend a little more than 10K to make me want to buy and drive an Alza :

1. Comfortable supportive front seats - preferably with lumbar support. Original seats gives me a backache within 15 minutes of driving it
2. Better brakes - existing one is similar to the Myvi brakes, ie-crap.
3. Better soundproofing - for a car that has a pretty solid door closing sound and good 'thumping' panels, it's bloody noisy with the stock tyres.
4. Full tinting - The back row (3rd row) actually has pretty good aircon exposure if you know how to adjust the front aircon vents (it has to be faced upwards towards the roof of the car) but then the middle row suffers which is weird. Definitely needs good tint otherwise hot as hell.
5. A quieter fan blower - the difference between "3" and maximum "4" is like you gently blowing into someones ear vs using a leaf blower to do it.
6. Turbo charge/supercharge/twin charge - 1.5L nuff said.

These things aren't exactly expensive items so why couldn't the manufacturer do something about this instead of slap on a ridiculous bodykit and useless items for the "S" model?

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bugger.. I didn't see it that way until you mentioned it. Damn you Danz!! :biggrin: Btw, among the 6 adults only I was the big sized one and by big sized I'm 85kg. The rest are all lighter than me. If you're lugging around people within the city I guess the Alza would be a reasonably good buy. But that damn B-pillar for the middle row seat people is damn annoying. I keep kicking it and sometimes tripping with my big feet.

Personally I'd have to spend a little more than 10K to make me want to buy and drive an Alza :

1. Comfortable supportive front seats - preferably with lumbar support. Original seats gives me a backache within 15 minutes of driving it
2. Better brakes - existing one is similar to the Myvi brakes, ie-crap.
3. Better soundproofing - for a car that has a pretty solid door closing sound and good 'thumping' panels, it's bloody noisy with the stock tyres.
4. Full tinting - The back row (3rd row) actually has pretty good aircon exposure if you know how to adjust the front aircon vents (it has to be faced upwards towards the roof of the car) but then the middle row suffers which is weird. Definitely needs good tint otherwise hot as hell.
5. A quieter fan blower - the difference between "3" and maximum "4" is like you gently blowing into someones ear vs using a leaf blower to do it.
6. Turbo charge/supercharge/twin charge - 1.5L nuff said.

These things aren't exactly expensive items so why couldn't the manufacturer do something about this instead of slap on a ridiculous bodykit and useless items for the "S" model?
Your point no. 6 is expensive la!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I have a Mitsubishi Grandis the latest NA4W chassis type consider last batch from MM. The car is already 3 years if I remember right. This is my very honest view on the car as a real owner.

FC- not very good if it's a daily driven one. 1 full tank I can get only about 450km mixed driving, town and city. If I drove in City more then FC drop to around 430km due to constant start stop movement due to size of the car is quite heavy.

Build Quality - very good since it's a CBU unit from Aichi, Japan.

Comfort as passenger - very good comfort even at 3rd row seat. All the seats can recline to user's preferences including the 3rd row seat. 2nd row seats have front an back adjustment so you can give more space to the 3rd row seat people also has center armrest, the seat can also adjust the thigh support. Front seats also has individual armrest with a small table to put tissue box, keys or can drinks then the small table is foldable so you can walk from the front seat to the back. Seat are all black leather. Interior colour scheme is black/ Grey and silver. Individual aircond vents are all mounted along the roof pillar with 3 speed setting on the 2nd row seats. each row will have 2 AC on L/R and individual reading lights. It has a built in LCD screen on the roof for passenger and the ront is a Kenwood 2DIN HU with GPS, TV, AUX, DVD,..etc..function. It also has reverse camera fitted as standard.

Space - even with the 3rd row seat erected, you still have space at the back for 2 mid size luggage. With 3rd row seat folded down, You can put in even more stuff.

Engine - The engine is a 4G69 MIVEC SOHC unit mated to a 4 speed INVECS 2 with triptronic function. Power wise is so so only for me I felt that it was a bit of a let down. The car has enough power to go over 180. (Meter was maxed out at 180 but it will go to 220 if the 180 limit is removed.) I've tried it and the needle went pass 180. Cruising at 160 is easy so watch those speed at highway.

Exterior - the car look not bad. Not sporty though more like luxury type. Equip with HID, all round LED brake lights, factory fitted bodykit and 17inch 5 spoke rims.

Aftermarket parts - not much for the engine, I was only able to find a Blitz drop in air filter from Japan, a Fujitsubo exhaust for the car until now. Brakes pads seems to be the same like the Lancer 2.0

Overall it's a good car for ferrying people around comfortably, long journey drive. I did quite some survey before buying, Estima Recon XR40 was priced at 190K with 6 months warranty only and HU wants to change need to topup 4.5K from a grey importer, Honda Stream, smaller space, and it was from Thailand and for that price I find it not worth it although I like the car a lot especially the RSZ (1st batch CBU from Japan), The Stream was a bit more plastic feel at the interior. No space after the 3rd row seat.

If you let me choose today, I will go for Honda Odyssey Absolute RB2 only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

WANTED------> rear disc brake for n13!

i want it with exel.
please contact me if u found it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience