Mit Grandis vs Honda Stream vs Toyota Wish

wirasedanputih

May 24, 2005
kota warisan
Dear forumers,

Need advise from all of you. i'm planning to change my car. Currently using wira.
There are few mpv shotlisted:mit grandis, wish and stream.

What I've heard that grandis poor in handling plus high maintenance cost. Toyota Wish is lack of aircond at rear seat. Not much heard about stream.

So I need advices/opinions on those 3 mpv.

Thank you in advance

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Grandis is easily the most comfortable amongst the 3. It's a 2.4 so power is plenty, it's huge inside so comfort is there and it's a Mitsubishi so parts for the engine are easily available. Only downside is Mitsu has already stopped manufacturing this car so body parts might be hard to come by. Also easily the most expensive to buy.

Wish has several models. Which one you talking about? The newer face lifted one that's CKD from Thailand? Or the older Japan models? The Thailand one is quite good as well and looks good too. At least the player will work locally. The Japan variant will be in Japanese and if I'm not mistaken you'll need an FM booster if you want to use the stock headunit. Power wise the 1.8 and 2.0 both are not too bad. Only thing is you'll need to spend on security plates and alarms cuz this car is high on the steal list and quite frankly very easy to steal.

Stream only has the RSZ and non RSZ models. It's more or less the same as the Wish except for the i-VTEC engine. But like all Hondas, servicing the Stream is slightly more expensive than the Wish. Don't know why Hondas are expensive to service in comparison. Space is good, power only comes from the 1.8, there isn't a 2.0. It's ok la.

Regardless of which one you choose, all 3 are family cars - meaning handling wise it's not gonna beat your Wira in a corner. But why would you want to go that fast in the first place?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i also wanted to ask the same question as TS. but my choice only wish vs stream.
if u go for wish, get the 1.8, i heard that the 2.0 has gbox problem. all 2.0 has wheel arches, thats how u differentiate them.

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
i owned wish 2010 model. previously also compared both Wish & Stream but after test drive both models concluded with WISH. reason very simple. Good NVH, responsive with CVT, better looking (to me?). now after driving the Wish for about a year....really satisfied. good handling tested at genting.

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
my family juz bought the latest model wish, 1.8 X-spec limited. about the aircond, for me the latest model dont have the same prob with the old model. position of aircond blowers are juz nice, for me la, a lil bit higher than the old one, and the 'wind' spread nicely. space, handling, is ok. FC is ok. performance pun ok....

sorry my bad english hehhehe

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

155kmh wish = 45kmh my old 1.3 iswara LOL.... (of course cannot compare laaa)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I will choose the Honda Stream cause VTEC just kicked in yo.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Instead of those 3, how about Subaru Exiga?
Same 4 cyl boxer turbo as the base WRX putting out around 220HP plus AWD, panoramic moon roof, looks good and very rarely seen on the streets so not common, but service might not be as easy.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i owned wish 2010 model. previously also compared both Wish & Stream but after test drive both models concluded with WISH. reason very simple. Good NVH, responsive with CVT, better looking (to me?). now after driving the Wish for about a year....really satisfied. good handling tested at genting.
how bout the earlier model 06-07......any major problems?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Same 4 cyl boxer turbo as the base WRX putting out around 220HP plus AWD, panoramic moon roof, looks good and very rarely seen on the streets so not common, but service might not be as easy.
Exotic stuff like that, really problematic if fender bender. If its a people mover.. I'm guessing the missus would drive it...would be a headache to event find a replacement headlamp.

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
I would take Stream RSZ anytime for the outlook. Maintenance wise I couldn't give you any input but what I heard is maintenance fee is higher than other vehicle. Correct me if I'm wrong

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
I will choose the Honda Stream cause VTEC just kicked in yo.
tested the vtec but still cant match the valvematic+CVT...

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

yes i have considered this hot car before concluded with Wish but just afraid the parts as our neighbor country Thailand and Singapore do not have this model....nearest is Indonesia...
in fact i prefer Exiga than Wish but no choice...

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i choose toyota wish also.

if u want cool aircond...buy exora...the cfe version la.

i test driven and sat in my colleague exora cps...its cold...

wirasedanputih

May 24, 2005
kota warisan
Thats a lot of views and opinion...have to consider all aspects before make my decision.

Anyway,thanks to all sifu's here who willingly share their thoughts..cheers..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
caldina was also in my wish list, but found out thats its a 5 seater mpv & the autobox is problematic,
the car is a failure in japan, nobody wants it.
Yeah, because 5 seater Caldina is more like a Station wagon than an MPV.
What's the problem with the auto btw? One of my friend is thinking to buy this.