KL
Visit site
all car bulb is same is it?

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
becareful when working with the meters...the rpm/speedo needle are fragile...is patah then hailat wor...im now working on a DIY face meter....photoshop the thing...put any colour and design i want then replace the old meter face plate....later when finish i post ler ;)

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by SataniC@May 11 2004, 02:24 PM
becareful when working with the meters...the rpm/speedo needle are fragile...is patah then hailat wor...im now working on a DIY face meter....photoshop the thing...put any colour and design i want then replace the old meter face plate....later when finish i post ler ;)
soundz cool, what u mean u photoshop that thingy 1st. after u photoshop design everything how u gonna make the meter face plate out ?

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by WAJA2003@May 11 2004, 01:53 PM
first take away the two screw on the meter top
one more on top of the clock
two more is near the aircond controler top
take out the aircond controler panel
on the blower aircond down abit can see two screw take away also
so now take away the button and digital clock panel
u can see the meter liao
take away the four of screw on meter then take out u meter
rear of meter is the bulb liao,i think hv five bulb larr
err i opened and i see 2 so far.. but then doesnt matter what color the bulb is. but then thn color of the meter also not depending on the bulb color wan .. its that thin layer of plastic on the meter which makes the meter green color wut ( im using wira a/b too)

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
the 1.3gl can change colour,try before liao
if injection model donno larr,bcs that panel is hv green colour liao mahh

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by WAJA2003@May 11 2004, 06:26 PM
thats why ... the stupid panel color green liau
so no matter use wut bulb also will be green wan .. mine injector punya model ma

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
i think ar....to change the background colour...u have to buy a colour LED and solder it in place ler...thats my theory ler...mebe JL who is an expert in eletronic can elaborate more....but it shud be straight forward though...as for the custom meter face...the photoshopping is to change the number's font...and can also add a little colour or even graphics on the empty space...after that u can send the finished faceplate and print them out on a shiny and hard paper...i forgot the papers name liao....make sure it is the correct size and double make sure that the placement of rpm number and stuffs correct wor....scared later u see the car is in 3k rpm but actually its in 5k rpm wor....open the small screw that hold the old meter and just slide it over the old one and secure it with the small screw that u just unscrewed....voila...then mebe can buy a fluorescent marker or even glow in the dark and colour ur needle slowly....haaaaa green needle can...purple needle also can....i just finish sticking a carbon fibre sticker to my meter panel...looks ok....gonna redo again...

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by SataniC@May 11 2004, 09:00 PM
i think ar....to change the background colour...u have to buy a colour LED and solder it in place ler...thats my theory ler...mebe JL who is an expert in eletronic can elaborate more....but it shud be straight forward though...as for the custom meter face...the photoshopping is to change the number's font...and can also add a little colour or even graphics on the empty space...after that u can send the finished faceplate and print them out on a shiny and hard paper...i forgot the papers name liao....make sure it is the correct size and double make sure that the placement of rpm number and stuffs correct wor....scared later u see the car is in 3k rpm but actually its in 5k rpm wor....open the small screw that hold the old meter and just slide it over the old one and secure it with the small screw that u just unscrewed....voila...then mebe can buy a fluorescent marker or even glow in the dark and colour ur needle slowly....haaaaa green needle can...purple needle also can....i just finish sticking a carbon fibre sticker to my meter panel...looks ok....gonna redo again...
wah lau eh si fuuuuuuu
darn i must learn this from u
lol.. mana tau i can put my nick on the dashboard panel also ah (glow in the dark)
:P

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
Originally posted by WinDz+May 11 2004, 07:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WinDz @ May 11 2004, 07:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WAJA2003@May 11 2004, 06:26 PM
thats why ... the stupid panel color green liau
so no matter use wut bulb also will be green wan .. mine injector punya model ma [/b][/quote]
if you put a different colour, it will mix with the panel colour. you might get a different result. Say... Blue or red.. might end up with purple?

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
I think use signal bulb orange colour is cheap and colour sharp
try using blue before,but it is expensive and not so bright larr,bcs LED bulb the light is go for straight 1,and the LED bulb expensive also 1 pair need RM18++ worr
but signal bulb 1 pair less than RM5 mahh
the meter hv 5 or 6 bulb larr i think

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day to all ..

I need to know the suggested engine oil for Mivec 1.6 DOHC 4G92,
Recently me done with general service on timingbelt/water pump/spark plugs and so on..

So for the first time, i used HKS Semi Synthetic 10w 40 4liter engine oil. It suppose to run for 5000km but now its just 3500km ran and the oil stick sitting at 2nd bottom line..:banghead:

Current status:
Engine PnP
Iridium Spark plugs
2" Direct piping
HKS Semi Synthetic 10w 40

The engine oil pretty good though, made...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience