Prepared by whom?
What colour?

Hey boat owner i want a Bell Dominator then i can junk the Arai GP5. Hehe

BoatOwner

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
morris-racing.com
Originally posted by sabelt@Aug 17 2004, 02:03 AM
Supply helmet? for real? for all 3 drivers?
For as many drivers as you want.... I supply, you pay. :)

Ninja: Its not his helmet that is junk... its his paintjob :lol: Oh and no way your head is XL!!! More like M. You should've come by and tried a Bell on. :)

Godzilla: They are actually considering dropping the dominator from production over the next year or so.

Nizer: I can drive the car nice and fast for you... but i dont come along with a wallett. :)

nizer

1,500 RPM
Jan 12, 2004
Klang
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by BabyGodzillaGTi-R@Aug 18 2004, 11:54 AM
May i ask who's EK?
Prepared by whom?
What colour?

Hey boat owner i want a Bell Dominator then i can junk the Arai GP5. Hehe
its from a workshop from TTDI shah alam,its white colour n its driven by Keifli Othman in Malaysia Super series last year...

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by BoatOwner@Aug 17 2004, 01:30 AM
How many entries for the race?

btw, anybody who needs Snell SA2000 helmets for the race... I can supply (BELL).
bro just out of curiosity how much will the MAG cost?

chew118

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
the lamborghini is damn fast man on today MME... too bad it break down.... it sreamsssssss when pass the grand stand...
honda team is very strong........ i love their drving and their pit crew...
like F1 style

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
I'm happy to note that Honda Malaysia Racing Team (HMRT) won!

1st & 3rd overall and in class A. Car #27 with Hiroki Katoh, Eddie Lew & Farriz Fauzy was 1st, with Car #26 - Takahashi Kunimitsu, Tommy Lee & Mitsusada experiencing a broken front left hand side wheel stud about 5 hours into the race. Luckily a spare front upright was on hand, and the car was hurriedly repaired, taking about 30 minutes, with the best efforts of all team members.

Dropping to 15th place, or worse, Car #26 battled onwards, reaching 5th spot into the 8th hour of the race. Finally in the last hour, they really pushed on hard and topped out in 3rd, even reaching 2nd ... a 1-2 finish was really hoped for, but then everyone else pushed all out too, putting car #26 into 4th position.

With less than 10 minutes to go, they managed to inch their way into 3rd, giving HMRT a 1st & 3rd overall, and Class A finish.

It was a day-long battle, with above average effort by volunteer team members, recruited from Melaka's Welding/Manufacturing/HR depts., Sales, Service, Parts & Marketing many of whom had spent more than 2 months preparing the car. Many were very emotional after the race, as they had achieved something beyond their wildest dreams.

Initially the plan was just to compete, and finish. Detractors had laughed about putting in a Melaka-built, 4-door 2.0 litre Civic in a race where the competition included a Lamborghini Murcielago, Porsche GT3s, Mitsubishi Evolutions, Lotus Exige/Elise/340R, Subaru Imprezas WRX STi, and even several Honda Integras.

In the end, teamwork, preparation and the will to win helped HMRT to achieve what everyone doubted.

A bit of luck played a part in the whole thing too! :)

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by scudracer@Aug 29 2004, 10:10 AM

Initially the plan was just to compete, and finish. Detractors had laughed about putting in a Melaka-built, 4-door 2.0 litre Civic in a race where the competition included a Lamborghini Murcielago, Porsche GT3s, Mitsubishi Evolutions, Lotus Exige/Elise/340R, Subaru Imprezas WRX STi, and even several Honda Integras.

In the end, teamwork, preparation and the will to win helped HMRT to achieve what everyone doubted.

Sorry but i beg to differ, those Hondas are pure breds they are not your normal
showroom cars other than the shell. It was not built in Melaka maybe serviced or kept there but not built there (maybe CKD), most of the crew were from Melaka thats true.
Those cars are the F1 of production racingcars. There was never any doubt that they would be strong contenders. Team Honda was the only factory backed team
the other entries were private entries without factory backing maybe with the exception of Lotus but that also not full factory backing.

sempoi

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by XXX+Aug 30 2004, 12:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XXX @ Aug 30 2004, 12:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scudracer@Aug 29 2004, 10:10 AM

Sorry but i beg to differ, those Hondas are pure breds they are not your normal
showroom cars other than the shell. It was not built in Melaka maybe serviced or kept there but not built there, most of the crew were from Melaka thats true.
Those cars are the F1 of production racingcars. There was never any doubt that they would be strong contenders. Team Honda was the only factory backed team
the other entries were private entries without factory backing maybe with the exception of Lotus but that also not full factory backing. [/b][/quote]
Totally agreed with you ;)

DEX

Jun 14, 2004
Heard that the race car was assembled locally with honda racing parts from japan, anyway the car really haul ass on the straights. It woulda been great to see more japanese backed team in the MME to give the hondas a run for their money.

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
I agree with xxx, the Hondas look like Super2000 touring car specs to me. It would be great if the organiser can give spectators a full entry list with drivers profile and car specs. All I was given were some photostat paper with some A & W event schedules!

If only BMW brought their 24 hr Nurburing winner - the M3 GTR!

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Heheh, next time you get the chance, ask who built the engine.

*hint* They usually build twin-turbo 3.0 engines for some champhionship abroad.