Mercedes E230 (W210) Need help in modification

stjames

Jul 13, 2006
As most of you would know the W210 E230 (elegance)original version looks slightly boring without some work. I have a dessert silver (more commonly known as mettalic gold in msia) one. Intention is to improve the look slightly with minimal alteration, not for racing/sporting purpose. Still prefer the comfy ride. A few ideas in mind:

Wheels/rims - to 17" or 18" - AMGs I, II or III? Does the springs / absorbers need to be changed if plus sized to 17" or 18", prefer to keep original if possible. To keep comfy ride, thinking of 17" as opposed to 18".

Facelift back lamps - to smoked facelifted 240 cdi version.

Perhaps a window tint to match the colour.

Signals to facelifted version ie. on the side mirrors.

Any ideas/recomendations on interior ie. nicer looking steering wheel, digital buttons for a/c.

Front lamps - any ideas/suggestions?

Pls help with some reccomendations on the following:

Good workshops in KL
Some pics to look at
Good websites
Ideas!

Is there any hope??
Rgds

Last edited:

RaiKing

Apr 21, 2006
Ofcourse there's hope brah..If I were you, I would loose the idea to get 17" rims, looks terrible on such a bulky car. Beleive me I'm using it, never been so depressed
18" wrap in a 225/18/45 rubber would be the minimum size for a W210, 19" would be better.
AMG style 3 would my choice or Brabus Monoblock V

Body kits, nothin much to do..If you have the cash just convert front part (fender, hood, bumper grill, lights..etc), side skirt, and rear lips to year 2000 spec, looks sportier yet executive. About 'lowered' part, just change the absober 'bush' to W210 facelift model..It should do the trick.

All da best

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
bro...i have the 2001 spec facelifted tail lamps for w210 cos i upgraded mine to avantgarde...

if u want my original elegance, willing to sell u cheap cheap...(bear in mind, ori elegance from facelifted 210)

pm me to deal... :D

cheers mate...btw..i can help u with modifying ur w210. i have done so with mine..

sprayed standox black with 3 pearls, 18" AMG 235 fr and 265 rear, upgraded complete exterior kit for avantgarde, refurbished the front lamps and lowered the car with eibach and a few more...it really looks tasty to me now compared to stock ;) :D

RaiKing

Apr 21, 2006
Aaah...your the man who knows his W210... Any known offer on selling used 18" AMG style 3 by any chance Mr Tombstone?...A replica wont hurt... :D

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
bro actually if u are patient, it would be better to get a 2nd hand decent unit then a brand new replica...trust me it sux and the color will fade and u will have swaying here and there due to the replica unable to withstand the weight of the 210 thus causing it to bend and waver...try sourcing in the bigger shops or along klang for a decent 2nd hand. if money no object straight beli brand new :D rm10k++ - rm20k++

stjames

Jul 13, 2006
Thanks to tombstone and Raiking for the points.

Apologies for delay, been away.

stjames

Jul 13, 2006
RaiKing said:
Ofcourse there's hope brah..If I were you, I would loose the idea to get 17" rims, looks terrible on such a bulky car. Beleive me I'm using it, never been so depressed
18" wrap in a 225/18/45 rubber would be the minimum size for a W210, 19" would be better.
AMG style 3 would my choice or Brabus Monoblock V

Body kits, nothin much to do..If you have the cash just convert front part (fender, hood, bumper grill, lights..etc), side skirt, and rear lips to year 2000 spec, looks sportier yet executive. About 'lowered' part, just change the absober 'bush' to W210 facelift model..It should do the trick.

All da best
I have pretty much decided to go for 18"s. Im thinking of the E55s 18"s ie. the AMG Aero II, i think its called. Just been made aware about the exorbitant costs RM15k thereabouts??

Not keen on body kit, would like to keep as executive as possible. Thinking of changing front grills.

Can you pls elaborate on the lowering point ie. "bush"? Did you mean that by simply changing the absorber "bush" to facelift model, the gap btwn tyre and fender should drop sufficiently?

stjames

Jul 13, 2006
tombstone said:
bro...i have the 2001 spec facelifted tail lamps for w210 cos i upgraded mine to avantgarde...

if u want my original elegance, willing to sell u cheap cheap...(bear in mind, ori elegance from facelifted 210)

pm me to deal... :D

cheers mate...btw..i can help u with modifying ur w210. i have done so with mine..

sprayed standox black with 3 pearls, 18" AMG 235 fr and 265 rear, upgraded complete exterior kit for avantgarde, refurbished the front lamps and lowered the car with eibach and a few more...it really looks tasty to me now compared to stock ;) :D

Im quite keen on your elegance lamps, presumably in v good condition?

Yes, appreciate ur help, will contact soon. U KL based?

stjames

Jul 13, 2006
tombstone said:
bro actually if u are patient, it would be better to get a 2nd hand decent unit then a brand new replica...trust me it sux and the color will fade and u will have swaying here and there due to the replica unable to withstand the weight of the 210 thus causing it to bend and waver...try sourcing in the bigger shops or along klang for a decent 2nd hand. if money no object straight beli brand new :D rm10k++ - rm20k++
Agreed, been cautioned of the safety dangers of buying replicas other than concerns about its looks. Not planning to go that way.

mrgee

Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne Austr
Hi, New to the forum
I had a W210 back when it first was imported. A 230 avantgarde
I put on the AMG body kit with sebring cat back exhaust. 18" Brabus mono-block wheels and Michelin pilot sport tyres. As the car was avantarde spec, the car was already lowed with sporty springs and shocks. finally finishing it off with Hella HID headlamp kit
The car was a joy to drive fast , corners very well and yet gives good fuel economy of about 10l/100km. Beware though that 235/40X18 tyres last only 11000km

stjames

Jul 13, 2006
mrgee said:
Hi, New to the forum
I had a W210 back when it first was imported. A 230 avantgarde
I put on the AMG body kit with sebring cat back exhaust. 18" Brabus mono-block wheels and Michelin pilot sport tyres. As the car was avantarde spec, the car was already lowed with sporty springs and shocks. finally finishing it off with Hella HID headlamp kit
The car was a joy to drive fast , corners very well and yet gives good fuel economy of about 10l/100km. Beware though that 235/40X18 tyres last only 11000km

Thats new info to me! 11000km, thats like probably less than half yearly avg use in KL for most ppl, which means we have to change 4 new exp tyres every 6mths?

Do you by any chance know wat are the springs and absorbers used for the advantgarde model?

Still enjoying the ride, despite around /close to 10yrs old now?

mrgee

Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne Austr

All I know is what I read in the brochure at the time, sorry.
I have included a picture of the car to show what it looked like. The HID headlamp clusters were not added yet then. but it looks like the AMG E55 added below.

stjames

Jul 13, 2006
very nice indeed!

Any probs with front lamps, ive been reading many threads that advises against changing the lamps to chrystal looking one.

that looks like spore?

mrgee

Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne Austr
Yes, car I had in Singapore. No problems with lamps from a durability point but ppl may complain that its too bright if you aim it high

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, To those whom had DIY their own vertical door but do not have good, strong or longer lift absorber to lift up the door, by all means...pm me, thanx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience