Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG Lines up Audi RS3 in Cross-Hairs

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Mercedes-Benz wants desperately in on the premium hatchback segment, even more so with their A-Class B-Class and C-Class in order to get into contention with Audi’s RS3 and BMW’s M135i.

<!--more-->And so Mercedes is preparing to launch their A45 AMG sometime next year with 330bhp and 407Nm of torque, all from a transverse four-potter 2.0L turbo mill, all thanks to the AMG High-Performance Engines department that helps to supply F1 engines to the likes of McLaren and Force India.

A 7-speed duel-clutch gearbox will be mated to the engine with all that power being transmitted to all four wheels, with the rear receiving the bulk of power supply for that rear-wheel drive handling characteristic.

Of course, there’s going to be a suspension tune-up for the A45, as will there be an aero-kit nicely engineered by AMG, a start/stop function, regenerative braking and up-rated brakes to help bring you back down to a standstill from your 5.0s century sprint.

Source: Autocar

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi i'm planning to get a galant GDI 1.8. Just wondering what the current specs are and how i could possibly modify the car for more power? Spark plugs? Air filters? Turbo kits? What kind of mods are available for this car? Tried looking through the interenet but veery little information is available.

I hope you guys can give some suggestions and i'd really appreciate your 2 cents worth:embaressed_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience