Mazda 3 MPS performance parts - anybody looking?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yep.. your exactly rite.. its quite rare in malaysia i guess. but at usa, australia and new zealand its everywhere. from newbies to an old guy, drive and tune MPS3/MPS6. parts are "pain in the ass" here in our country but i will try harder and get some network with some mazda oldtimer.

FYI my fren, i actually came out with 2 option before i bought this car. it was GRB sti 2.0 2007/08. Bank loan was horible and also limited choice at used car. so i choose MPS instead.
Pros and Cons. Pros, people see your car, wah! what is that. Cons like now cannot find parts......lol

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
yeah youre rite.. the only easy to find car parts in malaysia is like proton, perodua, mitsubishi, honda, toyota & subaru.. other than that its fairly hard to find. but even though its a mitsubishis, too old also becoming hard to find.. such as fiore, galant vr4, vrg etc.. even airtrek myself can easily find but genuine new parts cost like a bomb.. try ask for new Air Flow sensor price.. almost 2k bro.. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah youre rite.. the only easy to find car parts in malaysia is like proton, perodua, mitsubishi, honda, toyota & subaru.. other than that its fairly hard to find. but even though its a mitsubishis, too old also becoming hard to find.. such as fiore, galant vr4, vrg etc.. even airtrek myself can easily find but genuine new parts cost like a bomb.. try ask for new Air Flow sensor price.. almost 2k bro.. :banghead:
VR4 still can get but of course much less now since already 25 yeas old dy. VRG was not popular here so much less parts...:smokin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha.. wasnt it around 210hp? how about the amg tuned? is the spare parts still easy to find?
To what I know there is another model with difference ECU that can add a chip, actually I got that when my stock ECU blew....hhahaha but did not add the chip. That model is 220bhp and there is a RS model at 240bhp. Seems the RS model ECU cannot be used in my base model.......lol
Yup, spare parts still can get.....:biggrin:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
ohh i see.. even the RS model only 240bhp. its about the same power output as a downgraded RVR turbo or Airtrek turbo. RVR also has the Hyper sports probably few hp higher..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ohh i see.. even the RS model only 240bhp. its about the same power output as a downgraded RVR turbo or Airtrek turbo. RVR also has the Hyper sports probably few hp higher..
Brother, you comparing the great, great, great ,great great grandfather VR4 to the Evo 7....sure the power is less loh....hhahahhahah:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahah.. im owning this torq monster soon.. so parts hunting like hell man.:banghead:..
hahah.. i could only afford a 2nd handed MPS bro. i still got the boot space + 6 speed manual gb. but i heard it got bad traction issues..
Yup, a friend of mine has tested it and it has bad torque steer and a bit floating. That's why maybe not so popular here. Most performance enthusiasts seem to prefer either FD2R, Golf GTI, or Megane RS for FWD cars.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Yup, a friend of mine has tested it and it has bad torque steer and a bit floating. That's why maybe not so popular here. Most performance enthusiasts seem to prefer either FD2R, Golf GTI, or Megane RS for FWD cars.
the torque steer thing can be significantly reduce by using solid rear engine mount and better suspension setup(at least a sport spring). and yeah those FD2R or Golf GTI are much popular since people talk about it alot so they are so overrated. These other FWD fighter like megane RS, focus st, mps are much more underrated.

im not choosing MPS because i think its the fastest car.. i see potential and boot space.. maybe some FMIC and exhaust + ecu tune, i can have alot of fun on track day..:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wat liquid u guys use? how much ah? where to buy? my aircon not cold still got gas means condensor dirty and i too lazy drive to aircon shop and want to save $$ and learn at the same time
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience