Maxing NA BEAMS 3SG

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Peace to all the bro's-sorry for the outburst.

Maybe William taikor can answer

Why BEAMS 3SG has not got the same amount of mods like say the 4ag?..strictly NA

Do the race prepared 3SG(non BEAMS) run VVTi or just high cams.

Any after market direct injection kit?If so what ECU

Performance v costs

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
List of upgrades for NA

1) 4x High compression pistons
2) set of piston rings
3) 4x conecting rods
4) crankshaft
5) 4x conrod bearings
6) 4x crankshaft bearings
7) 0.5mm metal head gasket
8) 2x high profile camshaft
9) 2x adjustable cam pulleys
10) set of valves springs
11) TRD 4.550 final drive
12) TRD close ratio gears
13) TRD lighten flywheer
14) TRD Clutch cover
15) TRD Clutch plate
16) TRD 4-Throttle
17) TRD Extractor
18) TRD Center Pipe
19) TRD rear muffler
20) Motec/HKS F con Vpro
21) Engineering works on the engine cylinder head & engine block

all the above translate to 270HP ON ENGINE & 245Nm of torque.
= $$$ >30k for only 270HP on flywheel!!!

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
NA mah
Factory 3SG according to wikipedia is running between2100cc to 2200cc.Rated good for 500hp and 600km only.Wonder how much and what is inside???

What about VVTi?

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
ori 3S-GTE no VVTi....u see caldina got that meh?

plus if 3s-ge rated at 500whp only last 600km....sure its running on non vvt-i...cause u dun run a racing engine on low rev....lol.

I know there is 2 numbers of 3s-ge GT300 engine in Vision bangsar. rated 300HP. Last only 3000km i think only.

lapsap25

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
I know there is 2 numbers of 3s-ge GT300 engine in Vision bangsar. rated 300HP. Last only 3000km i think only.
wah..only last for 3000km ?

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
yup! like F1.. only last 1 race...

the more HP u pump out through modifications...the lower your engine life span...

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
the 4age guys got all sorts of hybrids(cross bred???)7ag blk,BT pistons,svt heads and dunnowhat ecu. and getting pretty decent outputs.Wonder if anyone has done same on 3SG locally???(bolehland)

tryforce

Known Member
May 4, 2005
the 4age guys got all sorts of hybrids(cross bred???)7ag blk,BT pistons,svt heads and dunnowhat ecu. and getting pretty decent outputs.Wonder if anyone has done same on 3SG locally???(bolehland)
bro, from starting till now, i dont understand wat u mean lar. Maybe my english is bad but i don get the point of wat u want to ask. sorry

pk47

1,000 RPM
Jun 8, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
i think to save cost and time, 1jz still the best choice.:smokin:

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
i don't really agree if going that path, u will save cost & time....
In between the process there are some complications (but very much depends on the mechanic's problem solving skills)

However if u still wan to go to that 1JZ path...i strongly recommend you all go source a good workshop with good workmanship, good track record & sincere with what comes out from their mouth. (this will save u cost & time depending on which angle u look at it)

Not those that give you empty & bullshit promises which majority does and when problems crops up, all they say is "its like that wan" = lead u to no where but a broken heart. (this will NOT save u cost & time)

Last edited:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
cost and time depends on the end result!

Thread here was to see/share who has run NA 3S with high compression pistons,high lift cams(
304/304 or 320/320-wonder if this possible with VVTi), oversize valves and/or direct injection.
This was meant to comply with FIA group and class category.

For street,yes 1jz is better(the engine definitely) however if the transplant was botched you not only wasted a perfectly 'hot' engine but also condemned the car!

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
I was browsing the SG Altezza forum the other day, some of the buggers there have some serious sh*t going on with their engines that are pure NA tuning. Madness!! Quads, 304 cams, lightened internals... psycho.

NA tuning is fine, but if you're going for All Out power, then for street applications and where the regulations allow it, boosting is always going to be more cost effective and less stressful on the engine.

I've been through tuning the 4AGE a couple of years ago, yes there's a lot you can do. In fact I've NA-tuned so many engines in my life I don't bother anymore. Thing is, there's a lot you can do with ANY NA engine, it's just a question of Do You Want To, and Is It Cost Effective?

Having said that tho, I am not a fan of racing or performance driving a turbo car, as the lag and sudden torque-rush is not very enjoyable. An NA car is always more responsive and pleasing, as a pure driving machine.

So the question is, are you modding for more power, or modding just for the sake of modding??! It might sound funny, but for some people, sadly, that is the case..............

/adian

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can DIY open/fix wira door?

I need to change my door (badly rust)...
I alredy got the door ...
but never done it before,need some tips from u guy's...
Thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience