Matsuri R34 - A Nissan Skyline R34 Gathering in Fuji Speedway

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

The Matsuri R34 is a Nissan Skyline R34 exclusive gathering held yearly. This time it was held around the Fuji Speedway on 10th March 2011. One of my friends, Miss Sophie Shimizu, was there and was willing to share her experiences over there with some fantastic photos provided.

Sophie and her husband Riki, started her journey at early in the morning and met up with other cars at a specific rest area along the Expressway leading to Mt. Fuji. The roads leading to the venue was covered in snow. Everyone had to drive slowly because they were slipping around the road with dry tyres. They were not expecting snow at all!

The convoy spent about 3 hours waiting in a rest area while the staffs that organises the event ploughs through drift track and speedway to make way of the upcoming event of the day.

About 130 R34s gathered at Fuji Speed for a drifting and vehicle dress up competition over there. Nomuken and Suzuki Manabu of Option Video fame were there as well to cover the event in video. However, there were not much GT-Rs in the event and it was mostly populated by the 4 door R34’s.

There were was a small drifting competition amongst themselves, from beginner, intermediate, advanced and professional races. Everyone had a fair chance on to participate in the drift events.

Prizes were awarded to the winners of the drifters and vehicle dress up competition. There were also lucky draw prizes that were given out to the voters of the dress up competition category, during the Matsuri event. Although the roads were very much filled with snow from before, the day was a pretty good one, blue sky throughout the day.

No one went home empty handed as Greddy and Bride handed out stickers to each individual who went there. (Unfortunately, Sophie did not get her freebie because she was busy with her child. She is indeed a very outgoing mother!)

I am appreciative to Sophie that she was willing to share her photos amongst everyone else on the Internet and allowing me to write-up on the event. Look forward to more Japanese automotive events from her and me. My write up has been delayed as Japan suffered an earthquake and I have been worried with my other friends in there.

Here are the other photos and event of that day.

YouTube - 2011å¹´3月4æ—¥ R34ç¥*ã‚Š R34 Owner's Carnival

YouTube - 2011/3/4

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got a Carvox CX-990 ( aka Radiostar King-Eagle ) 2 way lcd alarm a 2 month ago. I got it installed and it was working fine. Now it got cold the remote starter will not start. It only starts when the engine is warm. What happens wile the engine is cold is: it will crank for a second and shutoff and siren goes off at that time.
I got the system on ebay and got it professionally installed all together $300+
I took it back to the shop they checked and rechecked all connections for 2hr...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience