Matching sports spring with stock absorbers ...appreciate feedback

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the feedback and advise guys.

Now i just need to find where can i gey either Koni or Bilstein here.

Just incase i decided to go for lowering sport springs, and then my shocks life shorten and end, i can purchase a new shocks fast....

Does anyone know where/who got sell Koni (if can fit my car) or Bilstein?

Thank you

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've seen these two brands all over Sunway shops. But you can always contact the official distributor and see who are the official resellers.

Koni :

Energetic Engineering Pte. Ltd.
10 UBI Crescent
Singapore
Malaysia
Phone 68428300 , 68428133
Fax 68428200, 68428122
steven_tan(at)energetic-eepl.com

Bilstein :
Georg Grotjahn (S) PTE Ltd.
Boon Lay Way #08-15 Tradehub21
609964 Singapore
SingaporeTel.: +65 62921663 Fax.: +65 62921009
[email protected]

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks guys for the info. Appreciate it.

Now i just have to find out which Koni and Bilstein model will suit my car. Both this website shows the product compatibility but only for Peugeot 308. I wonder does this mean it will fit my 408 as well. Coz btoh the cars are actually the same platform. Hmmmmmmm.....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thanks guys for the info. Appreciate it.

Now i just have to find out which Koni and Bilstein model will suit my car. Both this website shows the product compatibility but only for Peugeot 308. I wonder does this mean it will fit my 408 as well. Coz btoh the cars are actually the same platform. Hmmmmmmm.....
Same platform will use same strut and spring most of the time.
However the setup will be difference.

For an example,
I drove a Waja, the 1.8 model.
I can use absorber meant for 1.6 model.Even most shop will say 1.6 and 1.8 absorber and spring are the same. They are right and wrong. They are right in that the part will fit but they are wrong in that the setup is the same. The part number itself is difference. 1.8 owner whom uses 1.6 absorber will also notices poor drive and shorter absorber lifespan as its not meant to handle the extra weight.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Same platform will use same strut and spring most of the time.
However the setup will be difference.

For an example,
I drove a Waja, the 1.8 model.
I can use absorber meant for 1.6 model.Even most shop will say 1.6 and 1.8 absorber and spring are the same. They are right and wrong. They are right in that the part will fit but they are wrong in that the setup is the same. The part number itself is difference. 1.8 owner whom uses 1.6 absorber will also notices poor drive and shorter absorber lifespan as its not meant to handle the extra weight.
Ahhhhh damnnnnn....So what do i do now?? Both these site dont have 408 on their product compatibility list. Grrrrrrrrr.....Was hoping can use it on my 408 since this 2 brand is compatible with the 308....Sighhhhh

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Ahhhhh damnnnnn....So what do i do now?? Both these site dont have 408 on their product compatibility list. Grrrrrrrrr.....Was hoping can use it on my 408 since this 2 brand is compatible with the 308....Sighhhhh
Just give them a call and see if they actually have one that suit your car or any alternative.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
is 408 being sold in europe? if not, most likely there aren't any aftermarket absorbers from europe.
308 absorbers may fit, but will not give the optimal ride since the weight for both vehicles may be different.. unless you want to try :)

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Guys...got in touch with both the company mentioned above for Koni and Bilstein. Both also dont have suspension for 408. Sad case. Sighhhhh....so what can i do with my shocks?? Any advise?? Or any other brands you guys may know?

Thank you.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus,

Quick question. Hope you all can clarify for me. After you change to a lowering sports spring, will you see the drop in height immediately or you have to let it "run-in" for a few days before you see the drop??

Coz i just install H&R Sport Spring on my 408T, but i see no drop in height... =(

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hi Sifus,

Quick question. Hope you all can clarify for me. After you change to a lowering sports spring, will you see the drop in height immediately or you have to let it "run-in" for a few days before you see the drop??

Coz i just install H&R Sport Spring on my 408T, but i see no drop in height... =(

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi Sifus,

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hi Sifus,

its plug n play which mean its a straight change and yr ride is lower.
few km run in and u wont notice much different.
lowering spring is always shorter than stock spring,didnt u notice the length?

is it dedictaed to yr car model?

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I didnt notice the drop in height after installing =(
Yes. The H&R Sports Spring is compatible for my 408T.
I didnt compare the H&R with my stock springs.
The guys at the shop said it will drop after run-in a few days.

What you guys think?? Any advise on this matter?? =(

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Some springs will take time to settle in. Even stock Wira springs are ridiculously high on install and after a few days it'll settle to normal height.

So it's likely you'll only see the height lowered after a few days. But I suspect it won't be too much height difference. What spring rates did you opt for?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Some springs will take time to settle in. Even stock Wira springs are ridiculously high on install and after a few days it'll settle to normal height.

So it's likely you'll only see the height lowered after a few days. But I suspect it won't be too much height difference. What spring rates did you opt for?
Oh, how to check the sports spring rate that I bought? :stoned:

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site

Hi Sifus,

Did you put the springs side-by-side to compare the length?

It'll lower after a few drive round the block.. but after a few days if the height has not lower, check the installation.