Manual Or Auto better resale value??

icequake_00

Jun 16, 2009
Hi folks... Im new here. Wanted to just understand from all of you which would have better manual or auto resale value?

I personally would prefer a manual car so that there is more ommpphh to it but before I make a decide which to buy just wanted to also weigh in which would make better resale value.

I hope fellow members can help feedback. Thank you.

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
IMHO, depends on the model that you are purchasing and the resale target crowd:

1. 'Sporty' models (Mitsubishi Evo, Toyota Altezza, etc.) - better resale value for manual

2. 'Non-sporty' models (Honda City, Toyota Vios etc.) - better resale value for auto

yewming

Known Member
Aug 24, 2008
i think it depends. i got an auto coz of the wifey. so in that case, auto would be more attractive for similar buyers :)

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
manual actually sells around 10k more than the auto market value, however, it would be hard to find a buyer.
i think auto sells easier as you would be able to reach a larger target market,

but if you don't buy a manual your gonna regret it for a long long time..

:listen: it was my silly mistake, i got an auto.
now i wished i took more time to search for a manual one.
either way its still a fun car to drive, and auto makes it easy for me to drive it daily. jam or no jam.

icequake_00

Jun 16, 2009
Good input guys... Hmmmmm... I'm still quite divided. I would also feel the manual would be more fun. Especially if you watch Tokyo Drift... hahaha.

However, sometimes also need to think of the resale value. The auto would suit to a bigger market compared to the manual cars... Hmmmmmmmm.

So far anyone heard of a manual car having to sell lower price compared to an auto 350Z of the same year?

Btw, how much are the price drops from year to year?

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
this year was very unlucky for 350z, price fell down drastically,
i bought mine 1 year ago, for rm165,000

now i see people selling for rm130,000 only,
if im not mistaken ive seen one for rm120,000 also.

however i doub it would fall by that much again next year..

get a manual if you have another car that you can drive daily.
that way you can always have a choice, as the clutch is heavy, might not be a good idea to drive to work, as traffic on the way back from work might be annoying.

but then again, you could always train your left leg to be stronger. haaha :rofl:

katzman90

500 RPM
Jun 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Every morning there's heavy traffic jam for me, so mine is an auto.
But of coz manual is nicer, since 350z is a performance car. :rolleyes:

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
KL folks they prefer Auto tranny 350Z, definitely.. Switch off the TCS and you can have fun with it as well..:biggrin:

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
how fast is auto and how fast is manual? check it man..
But i would choose for manual.. if sport car.. more faster, more nicer, more fun!
Resale value also more right.. according to motortrader prive value la...

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Its all depend on the buyer and hard to say which one get better resale value for it. Personally, AT give you much better response compared to MT, especially on the initial take off! If you are into modification, then MT is your best choice as it is more heavy duty and able to take on the power more better and safer.
So like over in KL, I would think that most people prefer AT because of all the heavy traffic jam around town, unless it is your weekend car then is different story already...:itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0mnP9rgQ_E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Continuing from where we left off ----> How to install ICE part #1

Now that you've gotten your HU wiring figured out, it's time to fit in the power and speaker wires. I'm not fond of using the stock wiring mainly because :

#1 - It's too thin. Doesn't...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience