Manjung Karting Circuit

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site

Manjung Karting Circuit is situated near Setiawan, Perak Darul Ridzuan. The rates are:
4-stroke kart:
7 laps: RM 10
10 minutes: RM 20
The rental of 2-stroke kart for 10 minutes or 20 minutes is also
available. For more information, please contract the track owners.
Mr. Ng Choon Jack: 019-5570513
Mr. Lee: 012-5222335
Sam Kee: 019-5569666

Last edited:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I've never raced there before but passed by the circuit a couple of times. Situated at a very quiet roadside of the road leading to Ipoh/Taiping. It doesn't look very much like a circuit like the ones we see at USJ rest area or Shah Alam Stadium parking.

I might drop by the place to look at the circuit and even the karts there.

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
The track opens after 3.30pm.
The rate from 2-stroke kart:
RM 20 deposit is needed
5 minutes: RM 18
10 minutes: RM 28

Best lap time:
4-stroke: 35-36 seconds
2-stroke: 32 seconds

The first time I went there is 23 December 2006. And yesterday (6 January 2007), I went there for second time. Overall, I have fun there without spending too much money. My best lap record on 4-stroke go-kart is 39 seconds. Guess, my racing line still needs some improvement. So, is there anyone want to beat the lap record of 35 seconds? Then, come to Manjung track!

Kookaburra
I personally asked for track layout from the track owner, but they don't have it. The length should be less than 600m. 600m is about the length of the Riverside Kart Circuit at Ipoh, Perak.

prodigy
If you look at the rental fee, it is quite cheap. At Klang Valley track, you must at LEAST pay RM 35 for kart renting. That may not include additional RM 15 suit rental. But at Manjung track, you only need a MINIMUM of RM 10 to rent a kart. When comparing the Manjung Track and Klang Valley Track, you have to evaluate in term of money.

a. If you have little money.
Then, Riverside Kart Circuit and Manjung Track suit you better. With as little as RM 10, you can rent a 4-stroke go-kart and have fun. The rental is based per lap and suit the beginner better. Since you are paying little money, don't expect the things you get are high-class. The karts are a bit inconsistent in performance. The track is bit narrower and shorter. Overall, these tracks will suit beginners. It can only serve as recreational purposes for hardcore kart enthusiasts.

b. If you have a lot of money.
Then, head down to Klang Valley like Speedway Plus Track, Shah Alam Track and Sepang Track. Expect to spend at least RM 35 on kart rental. It is based on minute basis and suit experienced karting enthusiasts. The go-karts are better and well-maintained. The track is longer and wider. So, it is of high-class and for that, you have to pay more.

In the end, it depends on how much you want to spend. Choose Manjung Track if you have little to spend.

Last edited:

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
Here is a track layout of Manjung Karting Circuit. Number in circle indicates turn number. S means start finish line. It runs counterclockwise. It is a bit ugly as I drawn it with my hands. But, it should be sufficient as a basic track layout map.

Note: This is not official track layout from the track owners. This is just a hand drawn layout and should not be used as an official track
layout.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I'm actually quite frequent in Sitiawan/Lumut area. I might be tempted to test out the kart sometime soon. Quite rightly said, the karts are for recreational purpose, the one you take when you just wanna have a great time with your buddies, not really for competition purpose.

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
Well, at least we do have a kart track at Manjung. Although it is not of international standard, at least it is cheap and we don't have to go to KL to have a fun race with our buddies.

prodigy
Hope to hear your comment about the track soon.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
Alvin, is the nearest town to the circuit Sitiawan? I looked at the map and couldn't find any town by the name of Manjung (it's a district, rite?). From the map you posted, it seems to be on the main road from Ipoh to Lumut, just outside the Sitiawan town?

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
Yes, you are right. The track is nearby the town of Ayer Tawar, Setiawan and Lumut.

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
chris_eunos
Glad that you enjoyed it. Be thankful that there is a track near your place. Since Ipoh is near your place, maybe you can also go to Riverside Kart Circuit at Ipoh.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In the same event, Bermaz Motor also introduced a diesel option for its mid-size crossover, the CX-5 SkyActiv-D.

What's the deal?

Like the Mazda6, this new CX-5 SkyActiv-D is also equipped with Mazda's super-efficient and environmentally-friendly diesel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience