Manchester united football club

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Hehehe...conspiracy theories abound.

To your question posed, Chelsea has a very powerful midfield. If we're not careful, our midfield will get bossed around. So we need some oomph in there as well. Scholesy would start for obvious reasons. Carrick needs to start for his distribution and covering abilities. Hargreaves needs to start for his stamina, pace and power. Fletcher or Anderson may be deployed at one side just to even the odds in midfield, which is where the match will be won or lost.

I think that chances in this game will be a rare and precious commodity that needs to be pounced on and taken. So Ronaldo our deadliest finisher needs to be on. Rooney would start, for his vision and for his ability to harass the Chelsea centrebacks. Tevez, as important as he has been for us, will play a supersub role. We can't start him because it will expose the midfield. But him, Nani and Giggs will be game changing subs that United can make if necessary.

The usual backline of van der Sar, Rio, Vidic, Evra and Brown will remain. No need to mess with that.

The squad has plenty of time to rest, so they should be fresh and Fergie has a full squad to choose from.

But ultimately, being a European Cup final, it is going down to who wants it the most. If United go in with everything they've got, win the Cup at all cost attitude, then I've got no fears. I've seen some magnificent performances from United over the years. And those which I am most proud of are not the huge thrashing we give to lesser teams. It is those matches where Manchester United came up against worthy adversary and played will all the passion and zest and desire and flair that it just takes your breath away and makes you proud to be supporting such a great club. I want and hope to be seeing that in the Final.

Last edited by a moderator:

LazyMF

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
N9
Visit site
----------------------VDS-------------------
---Brown---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra---
------------Carrick------Scholes-----------
--Hargreaves----------------------Giggs--
-------------------Ronaldo-------------------
-------------------Rooney-------------------

Tevez, Anderson & Fletcher on standby call...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
u know wat guys... i'm expecting this game to be a very exhausting game.... scoreless draw at full time. and manutd will score the only winning goal at extra time.

kanchiong!!!

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
My only hope is that as always, we play true to our potential.
Not necessarily gung-ho or jugular but efficient and purposeful football.
The way we lost to them at the Russian Bridge must be avoided at all cost.

One of our best performance that i have seen this season would be Roma away.
If we can perform up to that level, we don't even need to worry.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... Yeah, me too very excited and nervy abt it as day by day the BIG game is nearing us!!! But, in Europe ManUtd is a different team when we play away from hom!!! So, am going for a 'Dream' score line of 3-1 win for ManUtd!!!

By predicting such a score line, am expecting SAF to employ an attacking game!!! Our players will go all out and enjoy the moment without pressure!!! With EPL title in the bag, we hv got nothing to lose!!!

Am going for a Ronnie, Carrick, Scholesy and Anderson midfield with Tevez and Rooney up front!!! Hargo, Giggsy and Park/Fletcher will b coming in in the 2nd half when the game is won!!!

Players to b left out of the final 18 will b Silvestre, Neville, Pique and Foster amongst the names!!! Sigh!!! Tough as SAF said, but he got to do it!!! Cant decide on Saha, as he might b needed at some stage in case things doesnt turn out to b planned!!! So, hopefully Saha will not b needed as large part of the season went!!! LoLzzzzzzzzzzzz... :biggrin:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Some newz abt Saha!!! Sigh!!!

Saha: It Could Be My Last Game

Manchester United striker Louis Saha has conceded this may be his final season at Old Trafford, and he does not expect to start the Champions League final in Moscow next week...

The Frenchman joined from Fulham in 2004, commanding a £12 million transfer fee and looking well worth it, as he carried his form for the Cottagers over for the Red Devils.

He filled a void - at least partially - that Ruud van Nistelrooy left in the side, but injuries began coming one after the other and now, where he could prove such an asset as an alternative to the very similar strike pairing of Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez, he rarely manages to stay fit for long enough to get in the squad.

He is still hopeful, but admits the situation is very much out of his control: "The future isn't in my hands, but I'll try to make it happen for me.

"I know this could be my last game, and I would understand if the manager went for another striker. It would be painful if he did because I love the club so much.

"I can't speak about my future too much really now, though. It's about the club. The main thing is to win the Champions League and maybe that will change things."

Meanwhile, United are busy trying to establish the future of many of their other stars. Carlos Tevez is looking to sign a permanent contract with the club (having signed on loan from West Ham United at the beginning of the season), while Patrice Evra is keen to sign a contract extension as well.

However, there are still flittering rumours over Cristiano Ronaldo's future at the club, and loyal squad member Mikael Silvestre has hinted he may return to boyhood club Bordeaux.

The 30-year-old has drifted out of contention - due to both injuries and a rise in levels of competition - and would be open to returning to the club to play under former United team-mate and French legend, Laurent Blanc.

"Bordeaux are the club of my heart," declared Silvestre. "I know Laurent well and I've spoken with him about joining since last year.

"A deal is not out of the question, and we need to give it some serious thought."

Brian O'Ryan, Goal.com
Source: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=699119

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i'm not surprised that he had made his decision. It is not hard to live with that huge sume of price tag, only to be down with injuries all the time, and watching team mates winning cups without him.

he is a good striker honestly. I remember he just couldn't stop scoring when he was first signed fr fulham... superb.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Just cant imagine abt what those players will b thinking when SAF comes to them and tell them that they are not even on the bench for the ECL Final!!! Sigh!!! But, hopefully they will keep supporting the team on the day!!!

Pique is going back to Barca!!! Rumours said its a 6mils deal... Sad to see him go but cant help as our Rio and Vida are doing very very well at the moment!!! IF Pique goes, then I think SAF will keep Evans...

Do u guyz still think SAF will give Saha another chance next season?! Hahaha... :biggrin:

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
as for d transfer rumours,really hope alex get d 2 brazil players from d spaniard! our secret weapon in next season champion league! i also like peter crouch but he need 1st team football...so no chance...
chelsea r strong in d freekick n set piece! and their players averange is taller then us! hope we can cope with it n really hope ronnie,tevez,ronaldo,giggs will start n attack d chelsea from d 1st minute! their danger man i think is joe cole cos he's also tricky n can score some unbelieveable goal! lucky tat d cheski dun have dangerman infront of goal eventhough their midfield is damn strong! we dun hv good record against them but with d champion league experiances,we can win d champion league! and i hv strong feeling tat scholes will score 1!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
SAF said its gonna be a much better game than the FA Cup game last season... So, i think SAF hinted that he might opt for an attacking game rather than last year tactical caution game... It will be a good game to watch for all, if its play at a higher tempo of attacking game!!!

Hopefully ManUtd will win it as the Champions League is supposedly mean for Champions of the country only!!! Go GO Go ManUtd!!! With so much negative rumours going ard Chelshit abt their manager, players and the ECL Final referee, hopefully it will distract all their players!!! Hehehe...

:party::party::party:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
This is it lads!!!

Man so kan cheong!!!

If United play their best, the players give 100% and more, then I'll have no worries. Bring it boys!!! It is time for this United team to stamp its mark and book its place in history!!!

SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope United go all 300 Spartans on those CSKA London rent boys.

Last edited:

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
same same kan cheong.........
50yr of munich, pls bring the trophy back to manchester

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
YESSSSSS

THE KING OF EUROPEAN FOOTBALL
MANCHESTER UNITED

:party::party:
:beer::beer:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There is a syndicate(s) of thieves going around housing areas, shopping malls car parks and other unattended cars at car parks "opening" locked cars with alarm using....

"frequency detectors"

to detect the frequency of your car alarm system and remote control door lock.

Once your frequency is detected,

They will "clone" it and disarm the alarm and open your car doors within minutes!

So whatever valuables in your car will also be gone in matter of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience