Man dies in bid to foil car theft

kelvin---

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Sarawak
“Two eyewitnesses told us that Tan tried to fight back but was overpowered"

wah...diu...this two eyewitnesses..r truly good samaritans wor..at least lend a helpin hand ma...use car or bike to scare the thief ma...diu...

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
I truly sincerely have alot of respect for this person.

Sacrificing for something which is right, despite it not being his fight.

If more people were like him, criminals would think twice before acting.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
y no one came to his aid?... sigh.. kecian... u notice "Oi! U curi kereta orang ka?"... rempits!
At this point, I seriously feel like saying something that's gonna get malay people really pissed off but then again... even if I say it, it'll make close to no difference since this is their crime infested land.

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
well....my respect for him !!!!
my biggest respect for him !!!
i did the same thing when i saw someone in my car at asia cafe....

that fellas are confrim high on drugs.......
but again,if i saw something like that......
i will surely help that guy......no matter he is a chinese,malay or indian.......

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
i was shocked when i read this last Sat. truly respect him and his spirit. may be he didnt expect the thiefs will go to the extend to take his life away.

RIP brader...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
yeah....but how many would stand out?...
I'm on average only standing 168cm tall weights 50+kg...
If i'm alone.....what can I do by confronting the thieves...
sorry but safety comes first..
To me I admire his guts....but sorry to say; it's silly if you know that you've got no chance against them...
Again, if the 2 eyewitness are not ladies; than I would say they are cowards. 3 against 4 is not on the losing odds. But 1 against 4 is a stupid act.
But anyway, RIP....admire the fella's guts..

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
This is such saddening news.
Reminds me of the time I got robbed by two rempits.
It was long ago back in college days when I rode my bicycle to work. Those bastards dragged me down by grabbing my backpack and took my mobile phone. Luckily I didn't bring my wallet out, just some loose cash for expenses.
I suffered road burn and some injuries.
The worst part is...this happened in front of a mamak and those people just sat there and continued drinking their teh panas when I was bleeding on the road. If I didn't pick myself up and move to the side I would have gotten smashed by oncoming cars.

So it all boils down to the mentality of our nation. People just won't help because it might 'trouble' them. People rather sit comfortably and gawk at what just happened rather than lending a helping hand.

We are a great nation built by a society thats ill moraled and un-civic concious.

So sad.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
This is such saddening news.
Reminds me of the time I got robbed by two rempits.
It was long ago back in college days when I rode my bicycle to work. Those bastards dragged me down by grabbing my backpack and took my mobile phone. Luckily I didn't bring my wallet out, just some loose cash for expenses.
I suffered road burn and some injuries.
The worst part is...this happened in front of a mamak and those people just sat there and continued drinking their teh panas when I was bleeding on the road. If I didn't pick myself up and move to the side I would have gotten smashed by oncoming cars.

So it all boils down to the mentality of our nation. People just won't help because it might 'trouble' them. People rather sit comfortably and gawk at what just happened rather than lending a helping hand.

We are a great nation built by a society thats ill moraled and un-civic concious.

So sad.
than I would condemn those ppl sitting and GAWKING at the mamak...
but I would advise against retaliating if you happened to be alone...
like I said....safety comes first....

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
yes most definately safety first.

These people have no regard for other's lives and just do as they please.
Better to run, live and fight another day.

p.s. Those of you walking/cycling on the same roads everyday to wherever, please do change your route time to time. You may get marked and end up like me. Please do exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings.

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
boon, may he didnt expect they will go after him. Maybe he thought he might scare them away by shouting at them.... i think that's normal...i can imagine if i happen to face same scenario, most likely i will shout at them too..

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
sad and sorry to say I would only shout the warning if I'm far away and not meters away...
you guys can call me coward. But I do admire him for being brave.
The buggers doing this deserve to die in the most anguish death they can ever meet.
robbers nowadays don't give a damn about life anymore, last time some robbers still had the sympathy of only rob but don't do harm but nowadays....*sigh*...world is changing.....
remember the Klang case where one zth member got clobbered to death?....whatever happened to the news?....seems like just died of like that...
where's the enforcement of law?!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeah, I was really sad for the guy who died helping out and raelly pissed at those bastard killing the guy trying to foil the car theft.

Those bastards don't know they are on the wrong side stealing the car, and still want to kill people samor. Sheesh!!

I hope those bastards will be caught and be punished accordingly, or better stilllet them suffer the pain of being stabbed for a few times before putting them into jail.

So, I guess there is nothing special or anything worth celebrating Malaysia's 50 years of Independence when we have some samseng roaming daringly in Malaysia....Sighh....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo all,

for daily drive & always drive hard (no track/drift/rally) i'm really pening, serious pening to decide on getting this parts. budgetwise, should i get it from the chop shop (used Japan one) or buy new-local made / branded underlicence?

mostly, is it true used japan coilover is better than new-local made / branded underlicence? aiyaaaa peninggg...

help pls
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience