Malaysian petrol prices could go up by 15 cents if government approves proposal

weikeat90

May 3, 2009
they may save RM 35bil.. but i could assume tat two third of it will find their ways into some1's pocket. in the end: the poor get poorer and the rich become richer.

davidyapdls

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys.....my opinion is we got a poor leader and to what i see is our Malaysian Gov is taking too much money as in like everything is free for them and we have to pay for them.....WTH!!!! when petrol price go up everything else will follow and i bet with you that time there will be million of people complained......As far as concern our daily food is travel by transport and this petrol price go up so will their cost for deliver it to us...To me i see the is a lot of ways to cut down and is thru the GOV SECTOR......as for us normal people we have to buy everything and there is no such thing as FREE!!!!!.As times goes by our country is getting from good to worst and my opinion is poor leadership.....if the leader is strong then they will know what to do instead asking us how to cut down....Crime will increase as lots of people is trying to meet end then what are they going to do???? Same old same old....Sorry Guys if offended all of u all......just voicing it out...:trytofly:

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
malaysia will go bankrup at year 2019 ?? for God sake...we are producer of natural resources and many more...if those bastards stop eating our money and we all can live happily.....

May 27, 2010
Johor
our oil = export
we have to import it..

hence we are producing best quality oil from our shore.. weird is it..:banghead:

wing

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
No qualms with removing the subsidies. Higher petrol=reduced traffic=more frequent public transport (I hope). At least we're not subsiding it for foreigners and the rich as well.

But like what weikeat90 mentioned, I hope the saved monies are put to good use and not a means to increase someones' pocket.

hanhng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2009
The earth
In Malaysia we suffer from inflation which continuously increase annually and government seem doing nothing on cutting it down and beside, they want us, their people to share the heavy burden, as the wealth gap between people in Malaysia is significantly difference, some people might not even have 3 meals per day. And government still, playing around with their stupid trick. Keep it on, 20years after Malaysia will become one of the most backward country in Southeast Asia, good luck.:stupid:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
actualy...i dun think many ppl here really enjoy the fruits of subsidies.

all the taxes involved when buying a car here already increases the car price by about 100%(rough estimates as not all cars are equally taxed). even our local cars are taxed in the form of excise taxes.

lets say we get subsidised rm1 per litre of fuel and the average joe will use about 300litres of fuel each month = rm300 worth of subsidies each month then times by the no of months in a year = RM3600/year that the gomen is subsidising per person on avg. lets say u use the car for 10 year which will bring it to a total of about rm36000 worth of subsidies per person for the lifetime of that car. lets say this person bought a vios. outside untaxed price is about rm45k. top of the line vios here will be about rm90k??(not sure) so up front when u put a downpayment, u r already paying about 40k worth of taxes to the gomen. so now...lets imagine if they remove all of the subsidies from fuel but make no other changes to the tax structure linked to everything fuel dependant what will happen?

all these assumptions are basically just that. nobody knows how much the total real subsidies being given by the gomen. does anybody really know? nothing is transparent here. when they say their deficit is growing, we take their word for it...but there is not yearly financial statement on where n when the money is being used and for what. we just take their word for it. does anybody know how much the PLUS hiway really costs and how much they are making from toll collections? does anybody knows how much petronas is making annually and how many barrels of oil they sell annually at what rates?

like i said before. take away ALL the subsidies. but better make sure we know where the money goes. dont just waste another 60million(reportedly) on winning another hulu selangor!

actualy thestar also published this report...in today's release. exactly same info. it isnt the news portal thats childish...its the fault of the policy itself. i'm not an economist or statistician but i think everybody can see that a lot of the things they say just dont make sense. i personally think if they were more transparent on the real situation of our country's financial status, maybe ppl will start believing but until i see a yearly financial report, nothing makes sense to their policies. till then i still continue using ron97 on my old car that cant use ron95 and hope it doenst die off on me cos i sure as hell cant afford a new car hahahah :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
No qualms with removing the subsidies. Higher petrol=reduced traffic=more frequent public transport (I hope). At least we're not subsiding it for foreigners and the rich as well.

But like what weikeat90 mentioned, I hope the saved monies are put to good use and not a means to increase someones' pocket.
we just can hope..
if the petrol price hike again, i would downgrade to 1000cc car after this..
smaller car with smaller boot..
the higher authority will not understand 100% about the problem arise if the petrol price increase.
they just know about it but have no idea how hard we live because of it..
Petronas FP1, 1 malaysia f1..all of the project is just a waste for me..

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...ebruary/feb1010-hoard-of-foggy-petronas-fp1s/

better give the technology to modenas instead of wasting it like that..
what are they thinking?:hmmmm::hmmmm:

hanhng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2009
The earth
we just can hope..
if the petrol price hike again, i would downgrade to 1000cc car after this..
smaller car with smaller boot..
the higher authority will not understand 100% about the problem arise if the petrol price increase.
they just know about it but have no idea how hard we live because of it..
Petronas FP1, 1 malaysia f1..all of the project is just a waste for me..

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...ebruary/feb1010-hoard-of-foggy-petronas-fp1s/

better give the technology to modenas instead of wasting it like that..
what are they thinking?:hmmmm::hmmmm:
man, they are:stupid:
:biggrin:

jerry tan

May 23, 2010
Selangor
BUY A CAR, U NEED TO PAY
1) 70% excise tax value to the car
2) 10% sales tax
3) 25% import tax (except Proton, Perodua & Naza)
4) road tax
5) Licence
6) toll
7) petrol subsidies cut
8) your throat cut
if Malaysia can bankrupt in 2019, it means someone is not doing a proper job. if that someone can't do a proper job why don't let others to do the job. TIME TO CHANGE

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
BUY A CAR, U NEED TO PAY
1) 70% excise tax value to the car
2) 10% sales tax
3) 25% import tax (except Proton, Perodua & Naza)
4) road tax
5) Licence
6) toll
7) petrol subsidies cut
8) your throat cut
if Malaysia can bankrupt in 2019, it means someone is not doing a proper job. if that someone can't do a proper job why don't let others to do the job. TIME TO CHANGE
my sentiments exactly...

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
dont need to debate too much..

show your emotions through votes! register yourself and do it! yea!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience