"Malaysian government cannot control price of cars" - MITI

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
Oh lord..
I cant believe that the forum-ers here are so short minded..
its from malaysiakini, n its an anti-gov website..
ow yeah, i forgot, all of u guys r anti-establishments as well...

- So, the cars is Singapore are damn high in tax as well.. So does their government eat up the peoples money? Corruption? heh..
- Furthermore, if cars r so cheap over here, do u want all those ah bengs n mat rempit to own their sports car? n drive like hell on the road?
- Other expats n our neighbouring countries will also drop by n buy the cars here instead of in their own countries, will u b happy of it?
- Malaysia has 27-29mil people, do u want everyone driving a vios or maybe an evo? the road is now already being overcrowded with cars, do u want it to b even worse? b realistic.. n please study where the tax will go to eventually...
-UK for an instance, the car prices are moderate to high, but with high petrol prices, high insurance, n a effing high salary tax.. would u b happy in that sense?
-there's a lot more real reasons that i cud add up here, as i did the project paper for this 6 yrs ago... but, i knw its gonna b worthless if i share it here. anti establishments will always be an anti-establishments...

but for myself, i still dont agree with the fact that the tax on the cars r damn high.. at least if they cud bring down maybe by a bit, then it wud be a blessing..

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
-there's a lot more real reasons that i cud add up here, as i did the project paper for this 6 yrs ago... but, i knw its gonna b worthless if i share it here. anti establishments will always be an anti-establishments...
i'm not. :biggrin:

please share more!

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Kriminalz,
Below are my replies...

So, the cars is Singapore are damn high in tax as well.. So does their government eat up the peoples money? Corruption? heh..

Yes, the cars in Singapore are high in Tax, but look at the quality of their public transport and roads ?. Do you hear buses crashing and killing people in Singapore ?. The point is, If you want to tax, make sure you use the money for the people.

- Furthermore, if cars r so cheap over here, do u want all those ah bengs n mat rempit to own their sports car? n drive like hell on the road?

Lets be fair. If you can afford it, go ahead. Why limit people when they can own ?. Would you like it if you're put in a shit hole and limited to only a tiny thread ?. In Singapore, though people are taxed they get other quality life lines, making the taxing acceptable.

- Other expats n our neighbouring countries will also drop by n buy the cars here instead of in their own countries, will u b happy of it?

Is America doing that to their expats ?. What's wrong with that ?. If at all other expats get out of hand and start buying up the cars here, then by all means let the Govt tax them laa ?. Why us ?.

- Malaysia has 27-29mil people, do u want everyone driving a vios or maybe an evo? the road is now already being overcrowded with cars, do u want it to b even worse? b realistic.. n please study where the tax will go to eventually...

Malaysia may have 27 - 29 Mil people, but bottomline is we, Malaysians need to get matured and start thinking. Do you see people here buying everything that is dirt cheap ?. People know how to think laa. Only a small percentage screw up get cars and run away from loans.

-UK for an instance, the car prices are moderate to high, but with high petrol prices, high insurance, n a effing high salary tax.. would u b happy in that sense?

Believe me, If proton or perodua never came to be, you wouldn't be talking so much...

What project paper ?. The Govt today also received so many project papers for it's education policies and yet, where are we ?. Look at our education system laa. Isn't it a clear reflection of wrong project papers and bullshit. Our University rankings should shut you and your project papers up !

Penghanyut

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
KL
It's funny how one can actually say that the petrol in Malaysia is cheap!
Obviously its cheap IF you convert our currency!
When you compare prices, compare 1 to 1. DON'T CONVERT!
If we were to convert the price of the item, do convert also our salary!
Lets take Australia to compare.
An average degree holder is getting about AUD 2.2k/month and thats about the same over here which is RM2.2k/month.
A Toyota Camry costs about AUD30k (my estimation) and over here it costs RM155k.
Assuming the fresh grad saves RM1k/month...he can actually buy the car off cash in 30months time in Aussie...and 155months time for Malaysian.
Cost of petrol do count dollar to dollar and RM to RM...again...DONT CONVERT!
Food I'm sure as hell its cheaper there (provided you dont eat asian food everyday lar!)
So what make you peeps say Malaysia is still cheap??

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
Rex551,

Yeah maybe ur right... its true, the Uni should shut me n the P.p up or something..

Too bad, those big shots economic people who advises on malaysia's economic policy came from a bunch of crap establish US or EU uni's... This people earns mill's but still came up with all these ideotic policy's yeah?

N here we are, a bunch of people who drives crap cars which does not satisfy them, n blame the system for it..
Well, U should send ur Cv's up, so that we cud see what can u do for us..
its easier said then done..

n its a never ending story.. i rather shut my eff*** mouth up then getting in this s* with you.
you're the man...
big clap for u.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

im not saying this policy is good.
Its just that the people who asked for all this changes, doesnt make sense...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
kriminalz...take this opportunity to debate your point of view instead of shooting down rex551's viewpoint.

i'm with HKS-GT2835R. i'd like to hear your point of view and not just a synopsis of your research. (no sarcasm intended here. i really would like to hear your point of view on this cos maybe there r facts that we cant see and u have so u know something we dont?)

Penghanyut...its called standard of living. the value of 1(RM,USD,SGD,AUD...etc etc) and what that 1 can buy u. we arent that bad if compared to some other developing countries...but then we could have been better(compare with Singapore...we're about the same age and they have way less resources than us. how come the have a higher standard of living?)

i think our leader's decisions in these times will dictate whether we falter behind or go ahead. some decisions have already caused us to loose out to other countries that were behind us(thailand and korea and their automotive industry). we had a 20 year headstart but we're now behind....will this piece of news be another nail in the coffin? stymie free trade and we're on track. a backtrack that is.

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
Arturo,
My bad... its been long since i've logged in..
To read all this non constructive n bashing party is not my thing.
Apologies for it..

currently browsing in the office. sorry mate.
n that was 6 yrs ago.
I share the same constructive views as Rex years bck, but looking at all the explanations that comes after that, i find it logical enough to back off on my claims..
its indeed a hard country to govern n its also a difficult policy to change as there's a lot of after effects to it.
A lay man like u n me cud just put everything there n blame the system without realising what would happnd nxt..

Pls accept my sincere apologies again. ;)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
kriminalz...no need apologies ler. just wanted to hear your view point cos seriously there are little to no info of how things are ran and where our tax $$$ goes. seriously. we're already rated very low in transparency. maybe thats y a lot of frustration. maybe if we're shown the facts then there wont be so much complaining...u should know how hard it is to get un-biased news from our local news agency rite? so any form of untainted news is like gold to some ppl.i actualy salivating on getting some unbiased news hahaha. share la yr ideas bro...

i think our powers that be have it ez ler...look at india or indonesia or even thailand. a little raise in taxes above what they're used to or any changes to the nation's policy that they dont like...RIOT! here we just complain in coffee shops n forums lolz.

Penghanyut

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
KL
arturo,
Yep...standard and also cost of living. Malaysia is so blessed with so many source of income from its natural resources and yet, all these income seems to "disappear". If the Gov can really manage these extra income, I don't see why they have to tax so much on imported goods (especially on cars). You don't see that happening in Brunei.

Kriminalz,
Why don't you shed some light to most of us? I agree with arturo...maybe there are some points we missed and you managed to catch it. Please do share the logic you see in this ruling :)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
:thefinger::thefinger:
All of you layman people mostly talk cock as well..dream of having sports car every day!
Be in common sense lah! This is all politicians...vote them out? what u think also can solve ka? short minded laa u all..

Any politicians, current government on opposition also will do the same thing..they will take advantage of your dreams for god sake! since you guys keep dreaming..dat means no matter who rule the government,dat government still want to make money out of your dream car..no matter how much percentage and all, duties and excise still be relevant in order to run the country..

blame me for talk cock? ahaa..yes now see this,their car is much way cheaper of coz! to those countries, car is like accessories..so not much tax kena bayar laa..but look at their living cost, income tax, GST tax, food tax and other misc tax which much more triple than us! their currency also high..and their petrol also very high coz dont have subsidy!

go and get to work!! u guys too much dreaming..or maybe go back to zzZzzZzzzz..dont talk bout politics and economy laa when u dont have the scale..read THE EDGE and BUSINESS WEEK!! dont read motor trader and top gear only laa ..maaa haii!
Blame U for talking cock..? No la, we won't blame u... But uare definitely talking cock... When u compare all these living standards and other expences, U forgot to include the salary too... Haaa... Gotcha...

Take USA as an example...

Look, ppl pay 40% tax in their annual income for those above 200K. Ok, and for those having less than USD40K, tax are minimal like 10%. Still high compare to ours... A house rental would cost USD1.7K of course depended on location and provinces... But 1.7K is an apartment with 3 rooms at Manhatan.. New York.

Then U talk about fuel price... WITHOUT SUBSIDIZED FROM GOV.. It's from USD2.53-USD3.09 per GALONdepended on location again. US GALON = 3.79L... Do your math... They are not so much more expensive than our price...

But bare in mind... NIKE T-SHIRT is onlu USD10, Apple IPhone 4 is only USD300, A ferrari california is USD192K...

And the basic salary for a fresh graduate Engineer is USD 3xxx... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Don't use ur

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
A fact not to be denied....

The blame game starts only when the damage is done...
But once the game starts, so should learning from mistakes too...

That's why countries like Japan & Singapore are sooooo far ahead when Malaysia has got land, 29 Mil people and abundant natural reserves....

It's simply because Malaysia wants to raise the price of sugar when Diabetes is on the rise....What justification for damage that's done. And when we question this bullshit we're labled "Anti Govt" it seems.

Hehahehe

What more you want me to say laaa....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
A fact not to be denied....

The blame game starts only when the damage is done...
But once the game starts, so should learning from mistakes too...

That's why countries like Japan & Singapore are sooooo far ahead when Malaysia has got land, 29 Mil people and abundant natural reserves....

It's simply because Malaysia wants to raise the price of sugar when Diabetes is on the rise....What justification for damage that's done. And when we question this bullshit we're labled "Anti Govt" it seems.

Hehahehe

What more you want me to say laaa....
U've made it so clear brader...!!! :adore::adore::adore:

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Just doing what I can for my country.....

I love it too much to see it go down the drain..

Only when we speak up and share opinions can the best of ideas come to live...

That is to those who are willing to listen, accept and change laaa...