Malaysia GTR R35 crash n burn

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
wait.. correct me if i'm wrong.. i'm not sure bout GTR (bcs i dun hv one, and dun hv a friend has it too..) but if im not mistaken, high-compression engine like... K20A for instance also cannot use RON95 bcs (as I heard) it will cause "knocking" thus shortens the engine's life span (again, as I heard). I think this VR38DETT also using NOT RON95; at least if I was the owner I am surely will use 97 for my 700k godzilla. Yeaah, maybe it's just a rumor but trust me, most of us will do the same to avoid this word when something bad happened ---> "I told u.."

So, do u think RON95 is the issue here?

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Can't claim that I know about GTR35 but for Evo:

High Octane Fuel Map - This is the primary fuel map. With VIII, it starts decreasing octane number at 4 or greater knock sums. With IX, you will run on this map as long as you do not encounter sustained knock counts > 6.

Low Octane Fuel Map - This is the secondary fuel map that is used when the ECU detects a problem (usually knock). Once the ECU's "Octane" value begins to drop from 100, the ECU begins to interpolate this map in to the high octane fuel map.

Hit knock threshold -> go to Low Octane Fuel Map. So can tune High Octane Fuel Map for RON97, Low Octane Fuel Map for RON95? I don't think ECU is factory tuned to use RON95, but aftermarket tuned, logically, I think can use. Personally, I don't have the experience.

I read somewhere that RON95 contains more benzene, can't remember. Anybody please share.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
cool explanation mr teo. i got it.

ok laa.. let say this r35 tuned its ECU.. is it true RON95 is so unstable that has a very low flash point and thats why ppl came up with the idea of benzene% and stuff? or it is just a hearsays. really2 wanna know this.

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
Wow like seriousely.....? Then i wont be using any more ron 95.... Normally use them only in genting as there are no 97 in genting....
NO LA! I Was just being sarcastic/condescending...haha..sorry about that...but seriously, there is no way that the flash point of RON95 is low enough to start that sort of fire UNLESS the fuel tank was physically breached. I was a fireman before and we had to study these things...lol

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
NO LA! I Was just being sarcastic/condescending...haha..sorry about that...but seriously, there is no way that the flash point of RON95 is low enough to start that sort of fire UNLESS the fuel tank was physically breached. I was a fireman before and we had to study these things...lol
I'd take an ex-fireman's word on this. Real-life experience over theory.

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
hahahaha this discussion of ron95 that i like....blame more ron 95 pfftttttttttt

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
haha....pity ron95....

but why back then when still got ron92 fuel i use on my racing bike and have crashed..but no fire???? :hmmmm:

:biggrin:

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
haha....pity ron95....

but why back then when still got ron92 fuel i use on my racing bike and have crashed..but no fire???? :hmmmm:

Lolz... maybe cos the crash is not that bad.. :burnout:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Dear Alan,
U still with ur crash-theory? Seriously?!

Regards
ska

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Crash-theory.... Smoking cigarate during the accident? :hmmmm:
After all, sorry for the lost. Hopefully owner can "sabar"

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
Crash-theory.... Smoking cigarate during the accident? :hmmmm:
After all, sorry for the lost. Hopefully owner can "sabar"
Yeah you made. Point there... Hahah.... Maybe smoking is the factor... XD anythimg is possible...

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Dear Alan,
U still with ur crash-theory? Seriously?!

Regards
ska
Lol if you notice i was talking bout the bike in ron 92 which didnt burn.... An in fact he could still reply this forum means that the crash isnt that bad... Or you are thinking im talking bout the gtr..?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ok2...don angry2..lets talk casually..if ron95 was more dangerous than ron97...

and perhapds ron92 even dangerous than ron95....

care to explain why ppl in other country still using ron88 fuel without any worry of explosion????

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
maybe cos malaysia hot gua.. lol...

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
ok2...don angry2..lets talk casually..if ron95 was more dangerous than ron97...

and perhapds ron92 even dangerous than ron95....

care to explain why ppl in other country still using ron88 fuel without any worry of explosion????

bro, RON88 in other country is our RON 95. their calculation use US method. same like US gallon is diff with Uk gallon.
source from paul, paultan.org.

back to 95 easy catch fire than 97, i think GTR owner gt enuf $ to fill Vpower. 95 is more easy to catch fire coz benzene but when u fill in car and when accident, n sumting ignite the fuel, use whatever RON also burnt one coz its fuel mah, of coz will burn lah. when accident, is just luck if sumting ignite the fuel. u cannot blame wat fuel or wat car.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

ps; dunno did hybrid car leak current n shock driver & passenger to dead when accident.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apparently, quite a number of lady motorists are already regularly using Tufoil in their engines. There is a group of them who works for a multi-national company and who have been using Tufoil without a break for 8 years.

We are on part have received private messages from ladies who are all very concerned about their 4 wheels and their peak upkeep. Syabas!!

Hence we in this column, would like to invite lady motorists to share their views on the use of Tufoil in their engines.Rgds.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience