Malaysia Car detailing Guru KC presents - Key Scratched D.I.Y Restorations guide

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
This is a journey of no return! once our paint is being ruined by such a devastating scratch, the damages is beyond skin deep
physically (on what can be seen) is just some esthetic damage but the real damages is the owner heart broken

Getting to sleep through is difficult, for once i went through it....on my beloved car....especially in Malaysia..people like to take revenge (saying to themselves "i will teach them a lesson -Scratchhhhhhhhhhh their paints)
as I am blogging at the wee hours ...my church friend from Australia just whatsapp me ...and need to seek my teaching "how to restore key scratch"

i remembered many many years ago i did beyond detail Dare you to see this

Let's begin....the owner of this car was generous to lend us this car for our car detailing lesson

Car detailer: Hands on car detailing lesson 1st August 2015

He is planning to respray the car, plus the long key scratched wounded his heart more than the wallet......I was about to pack and go home.....till i saw ...this....my hands begin itchy and the only way to stop my passion is to use my strength

horendous swirls too

I had to do what i had to do

....that is .....correcting beyond

the fine lines was so thin..perhas its between 2-3 MM wide...so I had to cut my sand paper to fit the size of the damage

what you need....
1. shampoo and MF to wash the car
2. clay before correction - to remove outter contaminants
3. Polish and Compound - I has Polish Angel Final Polish and Polish Angel <aster Compound - the most awesome poduct I ever used
4. DA or rotary - with 3 inche backing plate and wool pads and foam pads or MF pads
5. Master sealant by Polish Angel
6. flood lights + camera to document your process

close up

lets rock....after washing...claying
now sanding down

refering the chart may give u a better understanding

and this might help you to understand what our car paint comprises of

after sanding

dry it for further inspection

the most awesome machine - easy enough for a 10 year old child to handle

Krestle Das Pro

opps...line still visible after the frst attempt

re sand again

mini pad and backing plate save us

after 2 passes of snading and compound
lines and scratches is dimmer and lighter

so I continue to do spot polish on these affected lines

finally after 2 more compound passe...most line seems to be faded....I finish it with Buff shine MF 3" pad with Polsih angel master final

very less product require and prove to have very long woring time

this is a silicon free product - contain both SMAT vs DAT

awesome finish

swirl before

tadaaaaa.....after paint correction

swirls before

after

50/50% befre and after

ta da my magic portion

my tools

thanks for viewing yet another of my detailing tales & i thank you for walking thru with me & I hope all my post will strengthen your detailing knowledge & equipe to face your quest
have fun

to the point of no return - doomed to be repainted by KC's

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone tried vps before cause it was told not only no swirl marks after that and also dont even need to polish for sometime .Is that true..?website is Welcome to VPS - Vehicle Protection Systems
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience