Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - Professional Car Detailing Hands On lesson

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Re: Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - Professional Car Detailing Hands On les

KC can u recommend any beginner tool i should buy for DIY project at home? if can get in cheaper range better la...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Re: Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - Professional Car Detailing Hands On les

Usually for us beginner, we use the Bosch Random Orbital Sander. Just Velcro on the polishing pads and start polishing. The model now should be Bosch GEX125-1AE. Mine is very very old model because used for many years dy.... :biggrin:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang

Usually for us beginner, we use the Bosch Random Orbital Sander. Just Velcro on the polishing pads and start polishing. The model now should be Bosch GEX125-1AE. Mine is very very old model because used for many years dy.... :biggrin:
wow!!! bro 400++ ler, i saw some selling black & dacker like 200++ only can tat machine b use

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

wow!!! bro 400++ ler, i saw some selling black & dacker like 200++ only can tat machine b use
As far as I know those B&D ones have no speed control and uses cloth bonnet. Bosch ones uses Velcro so can just snap on and off the polishing pads. Or you can buy B&D one then modify Velcro on it.

Just to warn you is not a cheap hobby. Polishing pads like LC (Lake Country) pads cost like RM45 those days when I bought them some time back. Polishing pads you may need 2 or 3 as when you polish the pads becomes dirty and clogged, need to wash then and dry then snap on another to continue polishing....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Bro, believe me - if you're really interested in polishing and stuff, don't skimp on the hardware. I regret buying my ROB, it doesn't have the power of a full on Makita polisher or whatever brands you're into.

Save up and buy a proper Makita / Bigfoot / Bosch polisher (RM900 and above) and you'll never need to upgrade your hardware.

And like what veteran VR2Turbo said - this isn't a cheap hobby

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Bro, believe me - if you're really interested in polishing and stuff, don't skimp on the hardware. I regret buying my ROB, it doesn't have the power of a full on Makita polisher or whatever brands you're into.

Save up and buy a proper Makita / Bigfoot / Bosch polisher (RM900 and above) and you'll never need to upgrade your hardware.

You asking him jump in the sea and not the lake.....hhahhaha
Yup, if jump into the sea, get Rotary polisher, but to me rotary more for correction. For my normal detailing like polish and wax I still use my Bosch orbital. Lighter and easier to handle, and not dangerous.
Rotary also need practice. Too fast, run too hot, burn your paint then kaput.....lol

Wah! Bigfoot I think cost more than rotary......:driver:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang

I saw a tools call Skill got speed control does it work also. not into business venture so home DIY only so no need tat expensive tools. Like wat vr2turbo said dont let me jump into the sea 1st.. haha

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

lol dude at least your Bosch BOD is better than my B&D BOD. Although its modified to Velcro backing, it still lacks the speed to cut. It does the job on cleaning or polishing the paint but it doesn't break down the polish compound good enuf and its a hell of a job to buff.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I saw a tools call Skill got speed control does it work also. not into business venture so home DIY only so no need tat expensive tools. Like wat vr2turbo said dont let me jump into the sea 1st.. haha
I remember a friend mention the Skill one with stop if too much pressure is applied, means motor not that strong but can be used.....:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

lol dude at least your Bosch BOD is better than my B&D BOD. Although its modified to Velcro backing, it still lacks the speed to cut. It does the job on cleaning or polishing the paint but it doesn't break down the polish compound good enuf and its a hell of a job to buff.
B&D sold in supermarket that is why many buy. Bosch mostly sold at hardware shop and actually is a sander......lol:driver:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang

I remember a friend mention the Skill one with stop if too much pressure is applied, means motor not that strong but can be used.....:driver:
ok will try on this brand.... will review later

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

B&D is much cheaper that's why people buy it haha..and the brand is a famous one too

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang

Check whether it comes with backing plates
Bro this machine come wit backing plate, and wat the different between polisher machine and rotary machine? i had try on hand using soft 99 on bonnet.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Bro this machine come wit backing plate, and wat the different between polisher machine and rotary machine? i had try on hand using soft 99 on bonnet.
ROB or Random Orbital spins and moves in circular motion to act like human hand polishing in circular motion. Rotary spins on a center point at high speed that is why have to be very careful if using this machine. Have to move it around and not polish same spot too long as it will burn that spot.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some fans complain that the newer muscle cars don't match up to it's glorious days in the past. So, Motortrend is able to bring back it's older ancestors to compare against its newer brethren . Enjoy this nostalgic video of the Old meets the New. Star cars include a 2011 Camaro SS against the '69 Camaro SS396 that inspired its design; a 2011 Challenger SRT8 meets the '70 Challenger it so faithfully resembles...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience