MAAC Go-Kart Challenge

BoatOwner

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
morris-racing.com
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Sep 10 2004, 09:12 PM
more like concrete filled tyres!
now better.
yeh i don't know if its better now but the big bags they have as cushioning had kart tyres..... but some of the tyres still had the rims on!!! I mentioned this.... dunno if anything has been done. It IS a dengerous track though even if many changes are made - other than a street track in Johor it is by far the most dangerous track i have driven on.

The only thing they do good regarding safety is the suits - i don't understand why none of the other tracks do it (shouldn't have a separate RM5 charge for it though).

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Boatowner, the other tracks don't provide suits because MORAC is the only kart operator that manufactures suits - business mah! But those suit won't do you much good when you crash - probably save you a few cuts, that all.........

In terms of safety, Shah Alam is probably the better bacause of the wide run off areas. And I think they will be classified Class A CIK track when their pit/hospitality building is ready. Even MORAC Elite and Langkawi are only Class B (if I remember correctly).

BoatOwner

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
morris-racing.com
Nick, i had use of several karts (through my team) with either Rotax Max/Parilla Leopard/100cc FA engines..... but most of the stuff got stolen (10 karts and 10 engines + tools) from the Morac Elite kart track where we kept them.

I still have a kart with a Rotax Max engine which i keep at home.

I haven't been able to drive properly for a while though due to rib injuries.

Flanker: the suits are a whole lot better than shorts and a tshirt..... not manufacturing your own suits hasn't stopped the thousands of rental kart operators around the world from providing their customers with suits.

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
BoatOwner,

Your karts and equipment got stolen ? then what did you do ?
What did Morac say ? Thats pretty dodgy man.
How much is a new 100cc and 125cc kart ? Competition spec ?

Thanks dude.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I heard Tony Karts with IAME Parilla 100cc water cooled reedvalves that revs up to 21000rpm and produces in excess of 30hp are selling off for 300 bucks. 10set of Bridegestones going for 10 dollars. lelong lelong.....
Just kidding.
U found Frankie or he has turned Frankienstien?
Hey look on the bright side, at least daddy can play with his bikes and u have to mechanic him for a change. ROFL

Bottom line ELITE sucks big time. Especially safety and the management. Damn fecking dangerous if u siezed down the flat out corner on a direct drive 100cc. I siezed there once and totaled the chassis and i was sitting blur there for 15mins in the kart.

Hey Nick, if u're really interested I can hook u up with distributors into karting. Anyway it depends on how u want to play. A spanking brand new competitive chassis would set u aside 8 to 12k. A 125cc Rotax Max would cost roughly 8k. A 125cc Leopard around 7k.
100cc watercooled would probably cost around the same.
For your info 100cc is actually the pinacle class followed by 125.
This is so as 125cc is something akin to a production class while 100cc is more of a pure breed racing engine.
Feel free to call me.
Unless u feel that karting are for babies and Porsche GT3 is your thing kekeke.

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site

fordrunger

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
Originally posted by BabyGodzillaGTi-R@Sep 13 2004, 01:49

Bottom line ELITE sucks big time. Especially safety and the management. Damn fecking dangerous if u siezed down the flat out corner on a direct drive 100cc. I siezed there once and totaled the chassis and i was sitting blur there for 15mins in the kart.

totally agree with you man...had the same experience... that corner is dodgy as hell with the wall so close to the track...especially during morning warm-ups.

racingmad

Jan 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.james-russell.com
ya man.. thats the fastest straight in malaysia, and the wall is so damn close... i was damn lucky when i crashed into melvin, i only skimmed past the wall instead of hitting it...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I tried searching the forum but can't seem to find anything that relates to these products. So I'll just start one here. If there's a post on this product already, please provide me the link here.

I bought these 3 cans for RM74. With this price, the indian chap also helped me polish my yellow head lamps till it's entirely clear again! He used a bit of the Rainon (yellow worded can) and sprayed a bit one of my side windows...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience