LSD Gear Oil Discussion : Honda MTF III Ultra Vs Motul Type II FF

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Guys,

Anyone has this experiences using both brand gear oil before?

I've been using Type II FF for few years, and so far so good.

Last week did a gear oil change, but this time using Kaaz LSD. The end-result so far was not so favorable to my opinion. Car now travel >500km from the day I changed it. Car felt a bit heavier. BTW, mine engine was K20A-R accord.

Was thinking to try out the MTF3 as heard good remark about it.

To those who experienced them, please share your verdict here.

Thanks and Selamat Berpuasa.

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
Aja, just poured in MTF-III for about 1000km already, so far so good.

Before this, used Cusco gear oil, in the morning (especially on cold rainy mornings), shifts are a bit 'sticky'

but the MTF-III is smooth, maybe minyak still baru kot.

basikal_pancit

500 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Selangor
I've been on the redline/bluegel before my gearbox was jammed (gear 1 stuck cannot release).
Then after the problem, I shifted to MTF III for almost a year and really enjoyed it.
Recently, I've decided to try another oil since that place only carry Kaaz LSD oil.
I would say, the MTF III was smoother when changing from 1-2-3...

BTW, I'm running on K20A EP3.

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
I'm using both of it but now stick to MTFIII. But I pour some addactive to protect inner parts of the GB & makes it more smoother. That addactive was not sell at any shops in Msia, brought fr US and meant to use for drag car, can pour into the engine as well

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
Anyone knows where to get MTF3 in PJ/Subang area and how much it costs? :)

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Anyone knows where to get MTF3 in PJ/Subang area and how much it costs? :)
Exceptional Autoparts in Glenmarie

RM190 for 4L can

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I'm using both of it but now stick to MTFIII. But I pour some addactive to protect inner parts of the GB & makes it more smoother. That addactive was not sell at any shops in Msia, brought fr US and meant to use for drag car, can pour into the engine as well
So, in general which one is better? Type 2 FF or MTFIII Ultra?

Might need to do gear-lube change again before raya lah, car really felt like kereta lembu now..

But MTFIII for RM180 for 4Litre pretty cheap, isn't?

kalau jadi beli, who wanna share? Honda gearbox only require circa 1.9L before extra gear oil dripping out.

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
i used MTF III Ultra & engine oil also Honda Semi Syn... i find that if u use back honda own lubricant on a HOnda, everything is superb. No need expensive aftermarket lubricants like motul,cusco,kaaz,hks,torco, etc

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004

Might need to do gear-lube change again before raya lah, car really felt like kereta lembu now..

kalau jadi beli, who wanna share? Honda gearbox only require circa 1.9L before extra gear oil dripping out.

Just buy the 4L can and use the extra 2L to flush ur gearbox of the previous oil to get rid of any possible sludge....

Next round buy again n keep the balance for spare or to use for next oil change...thats what i did...still have the balance in my room waiting for next oil change

And yes rm190 for 4L is cheap especially when compared to other oils like redline at rm68 per liter

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
I am using Penzoil LSD gear oil on my previous ride 20V TRD full lock without any problem...Now on my B series LSD gearbox...:biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
@Sil80-13
mind telling where u got the pennzoil and how much it costs?

thanks

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken

Bro, wanna try that addactive ? I still have few more bottle ... to me u can use any oil as long add in that addactive ... PM me if interested :biggrin:

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
@Sil80-13
mind telling where u got the pennzoil and how much it costs?

thanks
mADmAN,

You can easily get it from spareparts shop & if not mistaken is around RM50-RM60 per litre. 1 litre 1 bottle. Must looked for LSD one. reading should be 80-90.

But I got it from my mechanic as he's the dealer for Penzoil engine & gear oil...:biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
mind telling me wheres ur mechanic... i abit the sien wanna find pennzoil... love their oils but not as easy to find as other oils :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW Group Malaysia today unveiled the third variant of the 6-series – the Gran Coupé that joins its Coupé and Convertible siblings. The Gran Coupé is BMW’s first four-door coupé that marries sporty aesthetics with powerful dynamics, penetrating yet another segment of premium luxury cars. Four-door sedan and dynamics of a coupé; this is the winning formula for an attractive vehicle with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience