lowered my car

20V Quard Cam

Known Member
Sep 23, 2007
hi anyone,now i am trying to lower my car by just change the apm lowered spring?
Anyone did this b4?
Aft will harm my car chasis?
drive shaft n all the stuff related to tyre will harm fast?
n the alighnment will alwiz run out?
i am driving seg .
thx ya..

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Me too...
In case like this,is it I have to make an alignment more often?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wont harm lah... mine also lowered (but different car lah)... mayb bushings, driveshaft and so on will wear n tear faster abit lah... so far mine everything still fine after about 2 years....

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
normally sports springs will damage ur absorbers in the long run if they're 2 stiff, due to the absorber's unability 2 cope with such harsh range of compression & rebound stroke... but i think apm's lowering springs r fine. they're spring rates are calculated to match OEM absorbers' damping settings...

other parts u dun hafta worry 2 much...

cheers!

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
normally sports springs will damage ur absorbers in the long run if they're 2 stiff, due to the absorber's unability 2 cope with such harsh range of compression & rebound stroke... but i think apm's lowering springs r fine. they're spring rates are calculated to match OEM absorbers' damping settings...

cheers!
Bro, is that so... How bout this case. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/188076-tein-hr-with-non-tein-spring.html

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007

cheers!
Fooh sure ah?

The APM performax springs on my Kancil lowered the front by 4 fingers (now 1 finger gap) on stock abs. Back didn't change, dun wanna grind.

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
hehe... i just read ur thread. what u were/are experiencing is just a typical characteristic of coilovers. coilovers are meant 2 be stiffer than a combination of sports springs + sports shock absorbers. i was told that TEIN's are one of the stiffest, usually meant for circuit use. so it's normal that u feel like horse riding (I-gallop) on bumpy roads (but extremely cun when u whack corners!). but as some1 mentioned, u can opt out for a less stiff ride by changing to softer springs with suitable spring rates (ask the dealer of the suspension shop), because ur coilovers cant adjust the damping settings. biasalah, when u buy coilovers from chop shops, memang they're harder than the brand new 1's...

hope that helped... :biggrin:

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
Fooh sure ah?

The APM performax springs on my Kancil lowered the front by 4 fingers (now 1 finger gap) on stock abs. Back didn't change, dun wanna grind.
walauwei, 4 fingers ah?!! i dun know what to say, but i have always tought that it's advisable to change all 4 springs simultaneously, better yet change to sports shock absorbers altogether to match the new spring rates. now ur car has different spring rates at the rear n front. ur front set of absorbers might fail in the long run. coz they suffer from the shorter compression & rebound stroke (as i mentioned earlier, magnified by the fact that ur rear end has stock set-ups.

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Yah, when the front fail only I change lah. But my fren running on APM performax for 2 years on stock abs still ok. So I will wait for my time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is it?

Audi will be introducing their new A5 and S5 Sportback, which is set to make public appearance at the upcoming 2016 Paris Motor Show. The A5, S5 and RS5 are primarily coupe and cabriolet guised, so the new Sportback version of these will slot above the 2-door equivalents, and just under the A7 and S7 family.

Apart from the base A5 and the more powerful S5...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience