Low Idling RPM.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Dear All

My inspira suffer low idling rpm when car totally stop and in gear (D/R). 1st mechanic say it cause by my bad engine mounting. His right, engine mounting already in bad shape. change it, yet not really solve it. Idle still around 7++ and lower is 500 when idle in gear. Just need some opinion because they saying few thing could lead it.
1-Clean the throttle body- just spray the butterfly. Will totally dismantle TB soon for service.
2- Spark plug.
3-Vacuum leak.

Does anyone got this kind of problem?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You pretty much covered all 3 suspects. I don't know how it works for Inspira, but after you replace and check those things consider resetting the ECU either with the Proton diagnostic tool (and clear errors) or try unplugging the battery overnight

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why would the mounting increase idling? To what I know, bad mounting gives you vibration.....

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Take him round the back of the building and shoot him[/QUOTE
You pretty much covered all 3 suspects. I don't know how it works for Inspira, but after you replace and check those things consider resetting the ECU either with the Proton diagnostic tool (and clear errors) or try unplugging the battery overnight
will try done those 3 thing 1st.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Why would the mounting increase idling? To what I know, bad mounting gives you vibration.....
no idea. when he start my car, engine shock a bit and he say engine mounting faulty and lead to low idling. last time with my manual ride, bad mounting cause bad vibration when speeding.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
no idea. when he start my car, engine shock a bit and he say engine mounting faulty and lead to low idling. last time with my manual ride, bad mounting cause bad vibration when speeding.
Yup, mounting to absorb vibration. Damaged mount cannot do that so there will be greater vibration, not low idling....

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
ECU reset with a handheld obd device will fix it. need to go back to the place that u did the remap so that your current map doesnt get wiped out.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
ECU reset with a handheld obd device will fix it. need to go back to the place that u did the remap so that your current map doesnt get wiped out.
Ok. Thanks. i will ask the mapping guy either he could reset it or not.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Friends

How to get waja Auto Flip Side Mirror with LED Signal?
If you have info, please inform me..

Regards
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience