Lotus pulls a world first by unveiling entire new product line-up

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It might sound like a breeze but unveiling an entire new product line-up as well as a new lifestyle and image to accompany the new products is no walk in the park but Lotus have pulled it off. All in all, the five models that will soon find their way to the showroom floors are the Esprit, Elan, Elite, Elise and Eterne.

Lotus Elan

The Elan name makes a comeback in the form of a 2+2 seater with a 4-liter V6 featuring forced induction. Power will stand in the region of 448hp, that coupled with its anorexic weight of 1,295kg, should see it graze the supercar performance boundaries. It’ll also be available with the option of KERS hybrid tech. It’s being touted as an everyday car and with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, we can’t argue. Expect it to be available in 2013.

Lotus Elise

Next up we have the new Elise that will enter the market in 2015. It seems like the current Elise has been around forever and the all-new model will see some drastic improvements without sacrificing on the chuckability that the Elise has carved a name for itself. One major improvement would be the ingress and egress aspect of the car that ensures you don’t have to be an acrobat to get in or out. Power will still be courtesy of a supercharged 2-liter inline-four that will deliver up to 318hp and deal with the century sprint in 4.5-seconds. Power reaches the rear wheels through a six-speed manual but a dual-clutch tranny is available as well. It gets some mild hybrid assistance in the form of start/stop tech.

Lotus Elite

The Elite follows that with some supercar aspirations. Featuring a 2+2 seater layout, the Elite hides a 5-liter V8 under its gorgeous sheet metal that delivers 618hp and a century sprint time of 3.7-seconds. This time around, the engine sits up front, albeit behind the front axle, and sends the power to the rear wheels via a hybrid gearbox with integrated electric motors and KERS. Expect this to hit the market in 2014.

Lotus Esprit

Think James Bond as the Esprit will be making a comeback in 2013. The model that all Lotus fanboys have been waiting for, the Esprit will get a 5-liter V8 supercharged to 618hp. Lightweight will be a key aspect of the Esprit and the main contributor to its supercar status. Aiding that will be a seven-speed dual-clutch tranny and optional KERS tech.

Lotus Eterne

Finally, the Eterne strays from the Lotus norm as it is a four door four seater sports saloon. Power comes from the same 5-liter V8 found in the Elite and Esprit and pumps out an identical 618hp through supercharging. The engine will be located at the front, behind the rear axle for optimum weight distribution, but the catch is that the front axle might be spinning too. That’s right, all-wheel drive would be optional on this four door salon. Once again, the transmission is a hybrid gearbox with integrated electric motors and KERS as well. This family hauler/track killer will find its way to showrooms in 2015.

So there you have it folks, an entire new line-up unveiled by Lotus for the next five years. We’re pretty sure everybody agrees that this is one of the most exciting pieces of news for the year and we can’t wait until all the models hit the road.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Personally don't really like every new model, specially view from rear.
Elite still nice, the rest, ugh...lost the style of Lotus/

balmung69

Known Member
Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hmm its kinda bored with it. all 5 cars looks similairly which isnt too exciting. worst is it isnt original. more like a honda CRZ lol sad effort for lotus. and the engine size for malaysia?? come on 4-5 litre is not really affordable here. pity

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
hmm its kinda bored with it. all 5 cars looks similairly which isnt too exciting. worst is it isnt original. more like a honda CRZ lol sad effort for lotus. and the engine size for malaysia?? come on 4-5 litre is not really affordable here. pity

more closer to
http://wp-content.rpmware.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/honda-s3000.jpg

but as they said. Lotus wants to join the big boys. no more (that) 'affordable'. its going up-market.
the lowest range would be the 2.0 turbo 2015 Elise but its gonna hover >RM500K (my guess)

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
I agree with all 5 cars looks very similiar. Not much imagination from the designer. Looks like that took 1 design and just play around with that to make 5 cars.

hafidz_moro

Audi 0000 Fanatics
Feb 13, 2005
Cheras
www.coroflot.com
They look alike because they were formed from a single similar aluminum chassis...and that is LOTUS,we have to understand their background 1st..that's why u saw Elite, Exige & Evora actually came from the similar base..

So again we have to understand, to replace all the original chassis which dated back almost 20 years ++..they need to come up with new design for new market and fto fit all the new end user requirement..

Personally to me,they have lost their design icon which is their 'grasshopper headlamp' ..their icon pillar...and this must be par of the design practice as well..but again,most of supercars did apply the same process like Mclaren F1 even Ferrari 599...except Porsche which still retain their shape and design icon since their 1st car..

SundayDriver

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
the esprit has alot similar to a lambo...
agree wit the looks.. very futuristic/ japanese kinda

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
They all look very sexy n desirable.. Future is the future, everything will change, down side is no affordable model to buy.. they missing some 3liter force induction spec that is way more affordable then the 4liter in malaysia, maybe the road tax will go cheap as they r hybrid. hehe...

balmung69

Known Member
Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
no way. roadtax will still be the same. price will definitely be rm 300k for the lower cc and till a minimum of 500k for the higher ones. look at evora (600). i think for that price. everyone would rather take a porshe cayman or boxter i think.

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Notice all the 5 models have a similar front? new company signature perhaps?

hilfi

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
i dont know about the you guys...but i love 4 out of 5...well done guys...as long as u can match with the performance these cars will sell

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, Guys,
Need advice from sifu,
Recently my 96 Accord SV4 had wiper problem. when I switch on the intermittent stage, the wiper swept non stop. As for the slow and fast speed , it works okay.
Sometimes when I switched on the wiper at intermittent it swept for a while and stopped. At times it swept non stop. I have to pull my car at the road side and off the engine and start again. Sometimes it can be off and at times it will repeat sweeping non stop.
I've tried to replace the wiper...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience