Lotus Evora now on sale in Malaysia

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

The highly acclaimed Lotus Evora is finally here in Malaysia. Launched in 2008 at the British International Motorshow, the Evora has received tremendous praise from the worlds automotive press for taking the Lotus brand a notch further while remaining true to its heritage of performance through lightweight.

The Evora is built on an all new platform since the introduction of the Elise back in 1995. It is the first of three models to be built on the platform with the other two models due in 2011. And unlike any other Lotus before it, the Evora is purpose-designed to serve as a 2 + 2 seater.

The Evora is also designed to offer its occupants a higher level of cabin comfort and also greater ease in getting in and out of the vehicle. The design of the new car takes into consideration the fact that the less athletic often found it a challenge in itself just to get in and out of models like the Elise. To help with entry and exit, the doors now feature wider, taller apertures, narrower sills and a higher seating position. The two front seats will also easily accommodate two 6ft 5in tall adults.

Unlike previous models, the interior of the Evora is undoubtedly Lotus' most luxurious and elegant. The cabin is now dashed with leather and the beautifully appointed dash boasts tactile details such as flush-mounted controls that glow with blue LED haloes and a stylised speedometer and rev counter ensuring that controls are both attractive and accessible.

In the performance division the Evora keeps true to the Lotus lightweight tradition and it's foundation rests in its innovative lightweight chassis technology that ensures all-round dynamic and spirited performance.

The car weighs in at 1,382kg and is powered by a Lotus-tuned 3.5-liter VVT-i V6 engine that churns out 276bhp and a incredible 342Nm of torque. All that power propels this lightweight to 100km/h in just 5.1-seconds and onto a top speed of 261km/h.

Ride and handling is derived from a combination of engineering wizardry and technology. The Evora is designed with a fully independent suspension layout with forged aluminium unequal length double wishbones with integral joints. The front and rear dampers are manufactured by world-renowned Bilstein that are fitted with Eibach coaxial coil springs. An Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) from BOSCH and a switchable traction control system meanwhile allows for the power to be put down safely. Traction is also maximized with the use of staggered wheels (18" up front and 19" at the rear) fitted with Pirelli P Zero tires.

The Lotus Evora is offered in differing specifications and packages in Malaysia:

Tech Pack:
Upgraded speakers and stereo system with 2x50W high power amp, lightweight amplifier and subwoofer, DVD player, 7" WVGA touch screen display, portable satellite navigation, bluetooth mobile phone connection, USB connection for various iPod models, MP3 players and memory sticks. Cruise control, rear parking sensors, tyre pressure monitoring system.

Tech Pack Upgrade:
Alpine Imprint Multi EQ premium audio system, Alpine reverse camera.

Premium Pack:
Accent Lighting, leather trimmed tailgate insert panel, Evora logo on dash, premium floor mats, leather door panelling below trim band, leather trimmed door pockets, armrest and centre console, leather footwell side panels. Choice of seat leather colour: Oyster, Charcoal, Chestnut or Paprika.

Sport Pack:
Switchable sports mode, titanium sports exhaust tailpipe, engine oil cooler, cross drilled brake discs, black painted brake callipers, sports diffuser.

As for the pricing, it starts at RM443,480 for the base Sport Spec Edition, RM463,650 for the Tech Spec Edition that comes with the Tech Pack upgrade, RM472,110 for the Sport & Tech Spec Edition and finally RM490,210 for the top of the line Launch Spec Edition that comes with the Sport and Premium pack as well as the Tech Pack upgrades. The options list include a new Gearbox with a Sport Close Ratio, Y-type 5-spoke cast alloy wheels in Stealth grey or 10-spoke forged alloy wheels as well as a Premium paint job.

The highly acclaimed Lotus Evora is finally here in Malaysia. Launched in 2008 at the British International Motorshow, the Evora has received tremendous praise from the worlds automotive press for taking the Lotus brand a notch further while remaining true to its heritage of performance through lightweight.

The Evora is built on an all new platform since the introduction of the Elise back in 1995. It is the first of three models to be built on the platform with the other two models due in 2011. And unlike any other Lotus before it, the Evora is purpose-designed to serve as a 2 + 2 seater.

The Evora is also designed to offer its occupants a higher level of cabin comfort and also greater ease in getting in and out of the vehicle. The design of the new car takes into consideration the fact that the less athletic often found it a challenge in itself just to get in and out of models like the Elise. To help with entry and exit, the doors now feature wider, taller apertures, narrower sills and a higher seating position. The two front seats will also easily accommodate two 6ft 5in tall adults.

Unlike previous models, the interior of the Evora is undoubtedly Lotus' most luxurious and elegant. The cabin is now dashed with leather and the beautifully appointed dash boasts tactile details such as flush-mounted controls that glow with blue LED haloes and a stylised speedometer and rev counter ensuring that controls are both attractive and accessible.

In the performance division the Evora keeps true to the Lotus lightweight tradition and it's foundation rests in its innovative lightweight chassis technology that ensures all-round dynamic and spirited performance.

The car weighs in at 1,382kg and is powered by a Lotus-tuned 3.5-liter VVT-i V6 engine that churns out 276bhp and a incredible 342Nm of torque. All that power propels this lightweight to 100km/h in just 5.1-seconds and onto a top speed of 261km/h.

Ride and handling is derived from a combination of engineering wizardry and technology. The Evora is designed with a fully independent suspension layout with forged aluminium unequal length double wishbones with integral joints. The front and rear dampers are manufactured by world-renowned Bilstein that are fitted with Eibach coaxial coil springs. An Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) from BOSCH and a switchable traction control system meanwhile allows for the power to be put down safely. Traction is also maximized with the use of staggered wheels (18" up front and 19" at the rear) fitted with Pirelli P Zero tires.

The Lotus Evora is offered in differing specifications and packages in Malaysia:

Tech Pack:
Upgraded speakers and stereo system with 2x50W high power amp, lightweight amplifier and subwoofer, DVD player, 7" WVGA touch screen display, portable satellite navigation, bluetooth mobile phone connection, USB connection for various iPod models, MP3 players and memory sticks. Cruise control, rear parking sensors, tyre pressure monitoring system.

Tech Pack Upgrade:
Alpine Imprint Multi EQ premium audio system, Alpine reverse camera.

Premium Pack:
Accent Lighting, leather trimmed tailgate insert panel, Evora logo on dash, premium floor mats, leather door panelling below trim band, leather trimmed door pockets, armrest and centre console, leather footwell side panels. Choice of seat leather colour: Oyster, Charcoal, Chestnut or Paprika.

Sport Pack:
Switchable sports mode, titanium sports exhaust tailpipe, engine oil cooler, cross drilled brake discs, black painted brake callipers, sports diffuser.

As for the pricing, it starts at RM443,480 for the base Sport Spec Edition, RM463,650 for the Tech Spec Edition that comes with the Tech Pack upgrade, RM472,110 for the Sport & Tech Spec Edition and finally RM490,210 for the top of the line Launch Spec Edition that comes with the Sport and Premium pack as well as the Tech Pack upgrades. The options list include a new Gearbox with a Sport Close Ratio, Y-type 5-spoke cast alloy wheels in Stealth grey or 10-spoke forged alloy wheels as well as a Premium paint job.
<dl class="ZenphotoPress_badge ZenphotoPress_shortcode"></dl>

Attachments

Last edited:

passo123

1,000 RPM
Aug 3, 2007
putrajaya/sban
i heard the news yesterday...nice car...hoping to see more on malaysian road not like the elise...the news said this car will be in UK market at tag price 50k Pound Sterling...and it will be in malaysian market by the end of this year....is it true?

congrate Proton and Lotus....

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
ow i thought it was a new Gen2...my bad..my baaad....

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
It looks to me like its the bastard child of a waja and the elise but thats just me.

Putra668

Oct 5, 2004
too pricey... with that kind of prize..add a little bit i can simply buy a 360 modena...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
rm500k .......

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
why dont we buy a China Sports car. i think it cost much lesser and can make many different mods to it. it think it will end up looking better then the EVORA wich cost less.

fira6907

Feb 21, 2009
With this price. Better buy GTR
but.. It was a nice car.
thumps up..
Good Job Lotus

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Nice design frm Lotus....I will choose Evora instead of GTR-35:proud::biggrin::proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So... Yesterday it was raining heavily, i was excited! :burnout:
It is time to test out how the ONR, and the wax and the UQD turned out!

Once it stoped raining i went out the my phone and snap some pics.

The BMW E34
With a protected and threated paint

without....

look at the water beading...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience