Looking for new tyres for MyVi (195/50/15)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have actually never heard of ATR Sport exploded.
Soft sidewall but very decent amount of grip. If its enough for my heavyweight Persona, it is enough for you. :biggrin:
For your size. RM150 is available bro at Kean Lee Hin Jalan Ipoh. Wet still can go.
Like I said before in tyre threads, wet straightline braking abit shoddy, but wet cornering is pretty good. :rofl:
Me, Ericmaxman's Saga, my boss' turboed RX8 using 19 also. :proud:
Probably either the owner curb the tyre sidewall and never took care until explode. I have heard of bulging in tyres not explode....:biggrin:

sennafan

Dec 15, 2014
Johor Bahru
I have actually never heard of ATR Sport exploded.
Soft sidewall but very decent amount of grip. If its enough for my heavyweight Persona, it is enough for you. :biggrin:
For your size. RM150 is available bro at Kean Lee Hin Jalan Ipoh. Wet still can go.
Like I said before in tyre threads, wet straightline braking abit shoddy, but wet cornering is pretty good. :rofl:
Me, Ericmaxman's Saga, my boss' turboed RX8 using 19 also. :proud:
thks for the advise Bro, most likely this is my next choice as I started to narrow down to ATR-Sport or KU31.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Probably either the owner curb the tyre sidewall and never took care until explode. I have heard of bulging in tyres not explode....:biggrin:
sifu, what is the advantages / disadvantages of hard sidewall tyres ?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
thks for the advise Bro, most likely this is my next choice as I started to narrow down to ATR-Sport or KU31.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Hmm, the Ku31 seems to have 4 center grooves, which is good for anti-aquaplanning.
For ATR Sport, water dispersion will be better. But aquaplanning isn't bad.

Advan: Better steering feedback(No sidewall flex), better laptimes.
Disadvan: Bumpy ride

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As mentioned by bro. SC, hard sidewall better for cornering less flex, but ride more bumpy.

Some can say pump more air for soft sidewall. Yes, but air cannot be compress, means you pump 38psi instead of usual 33psi, can corner but the ride will be terrible if you compare to harder sidewall tyre with correct air pressure.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Hmm, the Ku31 seems to have 4 center grooves, which is good for anti-aquaplanning.
For ATR Sport, water dispersion will be better. But aquaplanning isn't bad.

Advan: Better steering feedback(No sidewall flex), better laptimes.
Disadvan: Bumpy ride
Aquaplaning and wet traction is two different thing.
One is to clear water so that the tyre rubber is still in contact with the road surface
Two is the rubber compound ability to have traction with the road surface, so here a softer compound is better.