Looking for new tyres for MyVi (195/50/15)

sennafan

Dec 15, 2014
Johor Bahru
Greetings to all Tai Koh,

I heard about the zth forum few years back and only now I finally join the club due to the search on the review about the NS-2R.

After posting at a mandarin local forum and no one can give me a hand on this "hardcore" tyre, I manage to found it at the Hankook shop at the price of RM 270.00 ppc.

I had used 2 sets of PS3 and I love it and it has become my guideline to search for a next better replacement. (After the michelin, I had the GY Triplemax for the front and BS Ecopia 200 for the rear, ecp-200 is shit)

Do you guys think is a bit crazy to put the NS-2r (front) on a daily use car :biggrin: ? I travel everyday to and flow JB to Kulai (EDL)

I also quite worry about the gripping power in wet condition as for your info, the rain water volumn at Kulai is tremendous.

Appreciated comments and suggestion from you guy. TQ.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Greetings to all Tai Koh,

I heard about the zth forum few years back and only now I finally join the club due to the search on the review about the NS-2R.

After posting at a mandarin local forum and no one can give me a hand on this "hardcore" tyre, I manage to found it at the Hankook shop at the price of RM 270.00 ppc.

I had used 2 sets of PS3 and I love it and it has become my guideline to search for a next better replacement. (After the michelin, I had the GY Triplemax for the front and BS Ecopia 200 for the rear, ecp-200 is shit)

Do you guys think is a bit crazy to put the NS-2r (front) on a daily use car :biggrin: ? I travel everyday to and flow JB to Kulai (EDL)

I also quite worry about the gripping power in wet condition as for your info, the rain water volumn at Kulai is tremendous.

Wah! brother you jump from UHP PS3 to Mid Triplemax and Entry level Eco BS. Sure plenty of difference since you mention BS Eco 200 like shit....hhahahhahaha

For 15", PS3 is one of the best already...

For everyday use, stick to UHP tyres rather then use extreme tyres. Extreme not so good in the wet especially heavy rain.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Oh! one more thing even though you are using two front tyre the same and two on the rear the same try to use as equal as possible their performance, meaning don't use a super grip tyre in front and an entry level at the rear or vice versa. You will either over steer or under steer whatever way you use them....:smokin:
Especially if you pair NS-2R with Ecopia.....:ahhhhh:

sennafan

Dec 15, 2014
Johor Bahru
Oh! one more thing even though you are using two front tyre the same and two on the rear the same try to use as equal as possible their performance, meaning don't use a super grip tyre in front and an entry level at the rear or vice versa. You will either over steer or under steer whatever way you use them....:smokin:
Especially if you pair NS-2R with Ecopia.....:ahhhhh:
thanks for the advise, maybe won't get the nankang but opt for others like direzza z1, c-drive 2, V12. The ATR sport use to in my list but after heard it self exploit better don't touch it.

both GY and BS was my first try to their products. Before the michelin was the falken 522 which also skid on wet surface (car park) and noisy.

You guys in KL is much lucky than us as the price is so much competitive, in JB we only know 1 auntie shop at Taman Ungku Tun Aminah (Skudai) which offer the cheapest in town.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well..those nankang ns2r and other agressive tyre pattern is a little bit noisy than ps3,or other normal comfort tyre...

sure u can withstand the noise on long trip?? and especially on highways...better u get performance tyre but without agressive thread design.....

if u were digging the thread design of nankang ns-2R, why not give a try on nankang NS-2 the more suitable compound for highway drive and last longer than the R version....

sennafan

Dec 15, 2014
Johor Bahru
well..those nankang ns2r and other agressive tyre pattern is a little bit noisy than ps3,or other normal comfort tyre...

sure u can withstand the noise on long trip?? and especially on highways...better u get performance tyre but without agressive thread design.....

if u were digging the thread design of nankang ns-2R, why not give a try on nankang NS-2 the more suitable compound for highway drive and last longer than the R version....
Ok , thanks for the advise.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thanks for the advise, maybe won't get the nankang but opt for others like direzza z1, c-drive 2, V12. The ATR sport use to in my list but after heard it self exploit better don't touch it.

both GY and BS was my first try to their products. Before the michelin was the falken 522 which also skid on wet surface (car park) and noisy.

You guys in KL is much lucky than us as the price is so much competitive, in JB we only know 1 auntie shop at Taman Ungku Tun Aminah (Skudai) which offer the cheapest in town.
Some members got post before. I think was U tyres and Hawk tyres in JB but not sure of the prices.
I have many members post using ATR Sports....:rolleyes:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

You mean U-Liang? That auntie?

sennafan

Dec 15, 2014
Johor Bahru
You mean U-Liang? That auntie?
ya, "fast food" type tyre shop. Ask price, pick and pay type.

few month back she do the promotion for BS MY-02 & Yoko C-Drive 2 (195/50/15) at RM 170.00 but I pick the wrong shit tyre ecp-200 :thefinger: and pay at RM 180.00 each.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Some members got post before. I think was U tyres and Hawk tyres in JB but not sure of the prices.
I have many members post using ATR Sports....:rolleyes:
so far, I don't think Hawk tyre shop is competitive compared to others "less" big name tyre shop.

bro, any comment about the Pirelli P1 Cinturato ? Good grip like the PS3 ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
y
so far, I don't think Hawk tyre shop is competitive compared to others "less" big name tyre shop.

bro, any comment about the Pirelli P1 Cinturato ? Good grip like the PS3 ?
No, P1 is Eco / Entry also, like Ecopia. Pirelli for PS3 category is the P Zero range...:driver:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
ya, "fast food" type tyre shop. Ask price, pick and pay type.

few month back she do the promotion for BS MY-02 & Yoko C-Drive 2 (195/50/15) at RM 170.00 but I pick the wrong shit tyre ecp-200 :thefinger: and pay at RM 180.00 each.
I long time din go there buy already, because that auntie forever busy.. made me waited for more than 30mins just to get the tyres... now go to my friend's shop at nusa bestari.. the very big Hankook logo.. about 6 shops link together de.. tonnes of rims and tyres.. but he never carry PS3.. i have 2 other friends one in JJ and another in Kota Masai have PS3..

sennafan

Dec 15, 2014
Johor Bahru
I long time din go there buy already, because that auntie forever busy.. made me waited for more than 30mins just to get the tyres... now go to my friend's shop at nusa bestari.. the very big Hankook logo.. about 6 shops link together de.. tonnes of rims and tyres.. but he never carry PS3.. i have 2 other friends one in JJ and another in Kota Masai have PS3..
thks for the info Bro, will drop-by and see.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

No, P1 is Eco / Entry also, like Ecopia. Pirelli for PS3 category is the P Zero range...:driver:
ai ya, the boss told me is on par as the PS3 :banghead:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I have actually never heard of ATR Sport exploded.
Soft sidewall but very decent amount of grip. If its enough for my heavyweight Persona, it is enough for you. :biggrin:
For your size. RM150 is available bro at Kean Lee Hin Jalan Ipoh. Wet still can go.
Like I said before in tyre threads, wet straightline braking abit shoddy, but wet cornering is pretty good. :rofl:
Me, Ericmaxman's Saga, my boss' turboed RX8 using 19 also. :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After a pretty long wait, we were finally able to get our hands on VW’s Mk6 Golf R. We’ve driven it briefly on two separate occasions before (here and here...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience