Looking for MRS with SMT & hardtop (year 2003 or onwards)

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Guys, I got another question. I had heard of some AP controversy such as AP cars not allowed to be on the road after certain years & unsettled custom taxes, is this all true? Thanks for you guys help as I'm really not familiar it.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
if you believe the politics...

anyway, so as long as the bank clears it. its should be fine. (as the owners are on you once the customs declaration are all certified).

whatever hanky panky stuff in the past; should be dealt by them. (seller/bank/AP).
always have B&W if possible with the seller if any deposit is given. You cannot be defaulted of your deposit IF the delay is on the greymarket/use car showroom & failed passings at the customs malaysia.

if you really are not bothered at all, then close one eye

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
koolspyda said:
if you believe the politics...

anyway, so as long as the bank clears it. its should be fine. (as the owners are on you once the customs declaration are all certified).

whatever hanky panky stuff in the past; should be dealt by them. (seller/bank/AP).
always have B&W if possible with the seller if any deposit is given. You cannot be defaulted of your deposit IF the delay is on the greymarket/use car showroom & failed passings at the customs malaysia.

if you really are not bothered at all, then close one eye
Okay I will take note. Really can't wait to get one now but no 2003 model on sale, sigh.

By the way, do you guys have problems getting spare parts for the car since it is already discontinued?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
there is a paradise blue with 6 speed advertise that "claims" to be retrofitted with 2003 stuffs, ala front lights, rear lights, etc. (its a lighter blue in MT)

discontinued? one can still order new toyota parts for AE86 from toyota japan, you can still purchase spare parts if you have a 1978 corolla... so do you think you might have trouble getting MR-S parts? :)

(reason most people whose cars are old "dont'" order new parts as their cars are of almost little value (bar AE86) hence it makes more sense for them to get salvaged parts from the yards.

and may this be a resourceful info for all on spare parts:cyclops:

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
What I actually meant is about getting spare parts locally, not imported ones from Japan. So is it easy to get them here? I'm a bit worried about the servicing & spare parts availability (which is why I dumped my initial idea of getting a 2nd hand RX-8).

By the way I saw the paradise blue one from Motor Trader too.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
unfortunately having a spare part depot may be a little difficult in the sense of easily available ie slow indent parts. (some mechanical engine parts, etc)

this goes across to ANY grey imported cars too. as nobody is willing to indent parts stock on their shelfs; shelf space = cost. unless the car itself was locally assembled or locally manufactured, the manufacturer is obliged to stock parts.

suffice to say, at least my intention to form a tight knitted group amongst ourselves to persuade companies like wing hin to at least help indent some essentials like bumpers, renders, wind screen, head lamp , rear cluster lamp etc (not that they need much telling to how do their business but at least pointing out on
essentials or recommendations). and yes the above mentioned parts are in stock & available, the last i checked.

They are not obligated while you may think they (spare parts companies) will still "profit" when they sell, it only half truth, they could bring in more but I've been told to sometimes in business sense it wasnt quite worth it . as in the past poor planning & after being coax to bring in parts by a leader of a car club leader (which i will not mention here) whom promised that all members will buy from them. Of course it didnt quite turn out that way. (unneccesary parts ordered but nobody buys them)

so, they will only order those parts (if not available) upon request.

btw, other belts, ie air-condition belt etc are easily available in most spare part toyota stockist as they share common parts with altis corrolla (1ZZFE).

Last edited:

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
So, Wing Hin got some common parts available in the case of accident? By the way, where is Wing Hin (please pardon for my ignorant)? And you meant there is a local MRS car club around?

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Malaysian MR2 club consists of all generations of MR2 from AW11, SW20 to ZZW30

you have been discussing this in the MR2 MRS Club forum if you overlooked it :)

Last edited:

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Okay, so this is the local MRS club around :)

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
benyeap said:
So, Wing Hin got some common parts available in the case of accident? By the way, where is Wing Hin (please pardon for my ignorant)? And you meant there is a local MRS car club around?
win hin is one of many toyota spare parts shop. UMW toyota also has a huge new spare parts depot in shah alam (i think it located there) for all part pertaining to altis, vios, camry, avanza etc.

body parts essentials for MR-S so far has been from Wing Hin at jalan loke yew. (near shell station). They are btw the official TRD dealer for malaysia (you will be linked to them from TRD website japan).

The last check i found that they were the only one who stocked the MR-S windscreen glass. Hopefully in the future more shops will carry them (MR-S). btw, one shouldnt be so worried about parts yet as unless you live in a undesirable neighbourhood, & avoid accident you shd be fine.

I can help answer stuffs pertaining to MR-S as i am a ZZ30 spyder owner since 2001. (had a AW11 years ago & flirted the idea of owning a SW20 before plunging to the roadster)

I sure there will be good intentions enthusiast around here who will be willing to anwser on on AW11 or SW20 if one has decided to owned one.

Last edited:

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Thank you or all the answers. By the way I heard the 2004 model had its body strengthened, so is the difference significant with older models?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Just to confirm, so any mechanic & workshops capable of servicing Toyota cars can do the servicing for MRS?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all DIYers@zth

4-5 months ago, i did some searching and finally found a guide to make this.
(Buying a Bee-R launch was out of budget.....)
My purpose was to make a DIY Launch Controller ... however since the rpm signal is adjustable,
you can trigger a 12v relay for any purpose...from cutting ignition, fuel, on sub injector, on mivec, on horn, on central locking system and etc at what ever rpm you want.

example....
Set rpm adjustment to 6000rpm, once reach 8000= horn sound...or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience