Looking for a place to custom fit AE111 GT rear bumper to local AE111

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Hey guys,

As per title, I'm looking for a place that can do this neatly. Prefer someone who is used to working on Corolla bodyparts. Please recommend if you know any.

Also a side question: I'm getting the fiber lips from our lobang king here to fit to a AE111 1999 japan spec bumper. Is there any other way to attach it other than riveting the whole thing? I don't really mind the rivets as long as they are minimal but just wondering other methods to securely attach it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Maybe u can try use silicone!

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Maybe u can try use silicone!
Silicone can take our rain and sun very well but I'm not so sure about it's holding power. Not so sure if we can put paint over it as well.

For the lips, I'm thinking of using 10mm bolts and nuts, and probably have 6 to 8 across the under side. The top side will have to be riveted I guess.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
actually this one my mech has done for me and fit nicely,..but after years, the sign of cutting appears. not really obious..

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
actually this one my mech has done for me and fit nicely,..but after years, the sign of cutting appears. not really obious..
It had to be cut near the mudguard am i right? The rest are only customised brackets I think. That's probably due to cement and paintwork quality but it lasted for years which is good enough for me. :)

My current concern is the customised brackets for the bumper and the cutting part. Mind posting some photos bro?

Thanks!

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
don't have a photo detail...
Whoa I cannot see any indication that it was cut in that photo. It's the part in the red box in the attached photo. You have to recommend me the mech. :P

Is that a GT skirt btw? I'm still undecided whether to use the GT skirt or the standard skirt to go with the Sprinter lips.

Attachments

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
which model ur ride..96 spec or 99 spec..
side skirt - GT Model
Front & Rear Bumper - GT model (without lips)

cutting area - refer pix attached.

Attachments

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
which model ur ride..96 spec or 99 spec..
side skirt - GT Model
Front & Rear Bumper - GT model (without lips)

cutting area - refer pix attached.
Mine is 96 model same as yours bro.

I still don't know which skirt I'll use - GT or standard. I want to wait until I have the sprinter lips. (Not yet pick up from our lobang king. Sorry Ivan! LOL)

I probably won't do the same for my rear bumper. I think that involves more work than what i have in mind. The guy I bought the bumper from showed me on his car that it was cut at the curved area. Just a bit, around 2-3 inches.

My main concern are the brackets actually -- i was told that have to totally customise some mounting metal plates.

Last edited:

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Get GT more presentable...last time HAZ GARAGE do it for me..never complaint about his work...
Wah I thought Haz Garage only do engine repairs. Will definitely pay them a visit.

Thanks bro! :biggrin:

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Opened thread in January.....finally got it done in September LOL.

Thanks for ur feedback guys.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros and siss, i was about to change my spark plug from stock to iridium type, but i just wonder which one is better. denso has its reputation in its performance and durability, especially with its 0.4mm and it U-grooved. but wat i know about volker iridium performing good also. it has 0.5mm and can last up to 160,000km. budget wise, both is about the same. however, for Gen2, wat do u guys think? which one is better? o there is other recommendation? 1 more ques, about denso iridium POWER...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience